ZOMG ! 1st One anywhere for Sure :D

Is this card 4790 and not 4770? :O

Funniest thing about this thread is that what is this card that Supra and (supposedly) Ice Fusion have with them.

as far as the chatter on the web is concerned, the card pictured by Supra exists only in PP slides of AMD's marketing department.

So far all the actual shots (at en.expreview) show a different reference cooler. Also, in VRM area the differences are stark though rest of the PCB seems same:

Pic posted by Supra:

Pic from expreview and Guru 3D

My another guess is that the card was supposed to be like the one which Supra has got but AMD at the last minute changed a few things in order to keep the cost as less as possible. It expects a price war with Nvidia in sub-$100 segments once HD 4770 launches and I would not be surprised if within two weeks of launch AMD knocks off at least $15 of the $99 selling price of its 40-nm card

^nice catch on that g3d pic,i was thinking it was only MSI that cheaped out on the pcb.the pcb on supra's card does have extra components and if not clocked higher at stock might oc way better.
cmon supra,post some numbers now.:D

It can't be 4890 as the PCB is small and the reference cooler has onlt two heat pipes. Its surely a 4770 but not with its reference cooler, i think its an early engineering sample. :)

Supra can't break NDA :p as he might have recieved message from AMD India, hope to see benches on April 28th. right supra? :p

Ok here is a 3D Mark 06 benchie :p

As of the review, I am not sure if I can get it done very soon :(....stuck with some work.

But what I can say is the card performs as well as a HD 4850 by just ocing it 3-5% (limited by CCC)....once we can OC it to 15-20% which should be doable....its might be at max 10% slower than a HD 4870 512 MB.....so if we get this India for arnd 6.5k or so its a Screaming Buy

Supra said:
But what I can say is the card performs as well as a HD 4850 by just ocing it 3-5% (limited by CCC)....once we can OC it to 15-20% which should be doable....its might be at max 10% slower than a HD 4870 512 MB.....so if we get this India for arnd 6.5k or so its a Screaming Buy

This is the reason why cooler was changed at the last minute and voltage regulation mechanism was toned down. This card is overclocking too well. Even ex.preview was able to achieve over 900 Mhz on core with ease

One thing though, all these overclocking reports are with the Reference card but a different card is on sale in retail. It has less components in the power regulation circuit and a puny cooler. Anybody have any idea how well the retail cards overclock?

Started clocking it a bit today :p

This is with the Asus TOP Vios and Smart Doctor 5.38 (using 1.2V core volatage)

Amazing result I must say :p with an E5200 @ 4Ghz

Would have done 16.5k~17k 3D Mark 06 easily on a Q6600 @ 3.7Ghz

Supra said:
Started clocking it a bit today :p

This is with the Asus TOP Vios and Smart Doctor 5.38 (using 1.2V core volatage)

Amazing result I must say :p with an E5200 @ 4Ghz
Would have done 16.5k~17k 3D Mark 06 easily on a Q6600 @ 3.7Ghz

Sheet! that's good stuff! :O

morgoth said:
Is this card 4790 and not 4770? :O

Funniest thing about this thread is that what is this card that Supra and (supposedly) Ice Fusion have with them.

My another guess is that the card was supposed to be like the one which Supra has got but AMD at the last minute changed a few things in order to keep the cost as less as possible. It expects a price war with Nvidia in sub-$100 segments once HD 4770 launches and I would not be surprised if within two weeks of launch AMD knocks off at least $15 of the $99 selling price of its 40-nm card

Well, sorry for the non posting, but i am bound under company policy to not put the images or the test before they are in the magazine....
The cards are from AMD for sampling only... the coolers are changed by manufacturers as per their design..... and the 4790 is a bigger card with two power connectors :)

Back