ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

bigbyte

Skilled
Dear Friends,

Got this phone from prepaymania (thanks varkey) and flashed it with Modaco's custom ROM:hap2:. Waiting for stable Foryo release for it. Please post your experiences and tweaks about this phone here.

This is my first android, so taking time to get used to it.:ashamed:

Ah it's about time for this thread. :p

Guys if anyone flashed your Blade with Froyo CFW, do report back if everything is fine or if anything is not working.

I heard Paul at Modaco was about to release the next Froyo Rom soon, hopefully it will be out by the time I get my phone. :D

I am on Paul froyo alpha3 release. There is a issue with the phone not unlocking at times and there are issue in the call logs/contacts application.

say you open a call log of person x, then do a view contact, sumhw it is showing me the contact of person y. Now, a reboot will fix the issue, but I have not been able to identify which event is causing this. And there are few random restarts.

Overall, a pretty stable rom considering it is still a alpha release

btw, is it only me or anybody else is also finding the mp3 playback volumes over the headphones low ? Any way to fix that ?

did anyone try to lookup for a spare battery for this thing ?

archat68 said:
I heard that the official Froyo for ZTE Blade will be released soon (within 2-3 weeks) - so it's better to wait for that.
By then, will be too tempted to load custom gingerbread rom if any :p

bitsandpieces said:
I am on Paul froyo alpha3 release. There is a issue with the phone not unlocking at times and there are issue in the call logs/contacts application.

say you open a call log of person x, then do a view contact, sumhw it is showing me the contact of person y. Now, a reboot will fix the issue, but I have not been able to identify which event is causing this. And there are few random restarts.

Overall, a pretty stable rom considering it is still a alpha release

btw, is it only me or anybody else is also finding the mp3 playback volumes over the headphones low ? Any way to fix that ?

did anyone try to lookup for a spare battery for this thing ?

are you feeling low volume on stock headfones or have you tried it with other in-ears too?

as for battery, i'm venturing a solution to end the issue with all devices.

i went through Zagg Sparq2 and waiting for next wave of 50% off coupons as it costs $99 :p

if you are game, get this.

DealExtreme: $11.81 Solar Powered 2000mAh Rechargeable Portable Emergency Power with Phone Adapters + LED Light

a backup power source would be better for power backup imo, we keep changing devices so fast and buying extra battery for each doesnt seem worth it.

the zagg one is 6000mAh though :p

how bad is the battery life of this phone? assuming i make 2 hours of phone calls in a day, send 10 sms messages, play around with the phone for a bit(say 30 mins) and listen to music for one hour and take 5-6 snaps with the camera--how long would it last?

are there any good screen guards and full body protection covers? i am looking to buy this phone primarily to play angry birds - so which would be the most stable android distro for the purpose -- i intend to use it for basic stuff only no high end stuff or apps .

madnav said:
are you feeling low volume on stock headfones or have you tried it with other in-ears too?

as for battery, i'm venturing a solution to end the issue with all devices.

i went through Zagg Sparq2 and waiting for next wave of 50% off coupons as it costs $99 :p

if you are game, get this.

DealExtreme: $11.81 Solar Powered 2000mAh Rechargeable Portable Emergency Power with Phone Adapters + LED Light

a backup power source would be better for power backup imo, we keep changing devices so fast and buying extra battery for each doesnt seem worth it.

the zagg one is 6000mAh though :p
i tried it with the jvc marshmellow n m11p. With a bluetooth sony ercission mw600 it sounded loud enough, just with any other wired connection does it seem low.

I understand how you feel about getting spare batteries :p but still i prefer carrying a extra battery to a portable source. With dell launching i guess, i shouldnt hv much issues.

I have never used something of the quality of zagg, but what i could get locally left me disappointed. the charging seems to be pretty slow, plus you end up carrying the bulk everywhere.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sunny27 said:
how bad is the battery life of this phone? assuming i make 2 hours of phone calls in a day, send 10 sms messages, play around with the phone for a bit(say 30 mins) and listen to music for one hour and take 5-6 snaps with the camera--how long would it last?

are there any good screen guards and full body protection covers? i am looking to buy this phone primarily to play angry birds - so which would be the most stable android distro for the purpose -- i intend to use it for basic stuff only no high end stuff or apps .
it get through the day. I charge the phone overnight, have about 30 mins of conversation in three four differnt calls, 20 or so sms, mail checking about 3-4 times a day for 10 mins or so each,bit of gps usage, 10 mins or so n and by 10 pm i need to put it back on charges.

I'm waiting for Dell XCD35 rom dump to be available on internet. At least that will contain some Ringtones and music files out of the box. At present for each and every thing it tries to connect to internet. I guess I'm most kachha user of this phone in this forum.

bigbyte said:
I'm waiting for Dell XCD35 rom dump to be available on internet. At least that will contain some Ringtones and music files out of the box. At present for each and every thing it tries to connect to internet. I guess I'm most kachha user of this phone in this forum.

well to many it is exactly the thing that makes it so appealing. you can disable internet entirely, but then what is a point of a phone ? I cant call its camera or music player exceptional. Only its use as a internet enabled device is what makes it so outstanding

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sunny27 said:
taking the plunge and going for the phone!!!! Tally ho!!!!!!
welcome to the club !

Yes I agree, if you're not having an active gprs or 3g plan with this phone, you're wasting its potential. This is the same for almost all android phones and smartphones in general. Get a small gprs pack for Rs 50-100 and then you'll realize the true potential of the phone.

Back