ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in India

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

Checked yesterday about it...

Re: Contact Form

Prepay Wizard Support <support@prepaywizard.co.uk> Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 7:48 PM

To: ****@gmail.com

Hi,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we do not ship to freight forwarding companies.

Best wishes,

Prepay Wizard

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Planning to get it from Orange. Anybody having any discount coupon?

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

bigbyte said:
I've tried Japanese Jellyfish v5 through v7 . All are working fine for me except few very minor issues. No Screen freezes for me. Waiting fo rPaul's custom Froyo to be available for free users.
I have JJ RLS3 now, do I have to do a full wipe before installed RLS7? I don't want to lose the apps and settings. I think since its the same ROM it should work without a wipe.

TechYoda said:
Is Prepaywizard same as prepaymaina? If not, I think prepaywizard has not been discussed in detail.
Both are different companies, but PrePayWizard's direct store doesn't even let you add an address with Aramex's postal code. :p

d@rK nEmEsIs said:
My order got cancelled:mad::mad:
I bought after you and my order has already been dispatched ... within like 2 hours .

I just hope this doesn't go wrong , 8k on line :(

@vinukm

Did they provide you a trackable shipment number ? mine just says , shipped by : City link .

Update : I enquired about why i didnt get a trackable shippment number .

Reply -

Hi,

Thank you for your email.

The order is not trackable as we will not have the tracking information until the item is dispatched from our warehouse this evening. The first available opportunity we have to update you with this information is Monday morning.

Best wishes,

Prepay Wizard

AsidXxx said:
Thats great! But can you break it down for me? Or rather him? I have to send him detailed instructions on how to get the phones. <sigh>
If the phone from Orange Switzerland / Valora is also on a prepaid/Pay as you Go plan (which it is as per Wikipedia ) then it is simply a matter of walking into the store and buying it paying cash.

Unlocking code is matter of simply inputting IMEI into a calculator which can be found here

sharktale1212 said:
If the phone from Orange Switzerland / Valora is also on a prepaid/Pay as you Go plan (which it is as per Wikipedia ) then it is simply a matter of walking into the store and buying it paying cash.

Unlocking code is matter of simply inputting IMEI into a calculator which can be found here

Can't I get the phones under contract, opt for the cheapest plan, get them activated and then unlock them here?

For unlocking these phones, you just need to type in a code :)

CeDrIc said:
For unlocking these phones, you just need to type in a code :)
That implies I can opt for the cheapest plan under contract, get the phones and unlock them here? I really have never done this, so need to ask such noobish questions :p Also, I am planning to get two phones. Is that possible? My colleague just needs to purchase them over the counter? No paperwork necessary?

varkey said:
I have JJ RLS3 now, do I have to do a full wipe before installed RLS7? I don't want to lose the apps and settings. I think since its the same ROM it should work without a wipe.
Actually many fixes are incorporated in the recent releases particularly in release 4. I think wifi and usb tethering started working satisfactorily from RLS 4 only. Plus RLS5 onwards has the latest released kernel, not the leaked one.

Still I feel in all probability you should be fine without a wipe, but remember to take a backup.

I upgraded from RLS5 to RLS 5 with new kernel then to RLS6 and then to RLS7 without a WIPE without any problems.

AsidXxx said:
That implies I can opt for the cheapest plan under contract, get the phones and unlock them here? I really have never done this, so need to ask such noobish questions :p Also, I am planning to get two phones. Is that possible? My colleague just needs to purchase them over the counter? No paperwork necessary?
Yes you can do that. But i am not sure abt other phones.
I am talking here about the San Francisco/ZTE Blade for which just dialing in a code is enough for the unlock.

^ You cannot get a phone under contract simply by walking into the store and paying cash I believe. You will have to submit valid identity documents and it will be a legally binding contract and the person taking it is legally obliged to make the monthly payments.

Whereas a PAYG phone is just prepaid and you can get it easily.

Varkey is right, otherwise we all would have got those iphone's at dirt cheap rates in grey market.

AsidXxx said:
Can't I get the phones under contract, opt for the cheapest plan, get them activated and then unlock them here?

Nope, you cant do that. If the phone comes with a contract then you collegaue, who is on business visa has no chance of getting it. It requires paperwork, credit rating check etc. The person buying is legally bound to the contract.

So when I said it is available as prepaid..it means without any contract. You can buy the phone by simply walking into the store. But if it is available only on contract then you can forget about it.

varkey said:

Both are different companies, but PrePayWizard's direct store doesn't even let you add an address with Aramex's postal code. :p

use titanium backup.
make sure you select 'backup history' = more than 1 else some settings/data wont revert back.

you should wipe data/cache before switching to next release as they are constantly testing different things and things are maynot work as expected without that.

the titanium backup saves you a lot of time.
do enable app2sd as we spoke before.
make sure you backup sd content before going with it (backup after titanium backup is done)

i wouldnt advice rls7, read the release note to know why..some things are still nuclear in that imo.(the last point)
im on rsl5 and i flashed rls6 on friends fone.
both are very stable.

also, if you are not sure, then wait until wednesday. something sturdy and non beta is expected.

^ Ok. Will wait for few more days then! :) RLS3 is not so bad, but sometimes the WIFI and GPRS icons won't be displayed all though the connection works.

Waaait...I dont have a clue about the battery life. No one commented about it? Does it suck?

roxysmile said:
I bought after you and my order has already been dispatched ... within like 2 hours .
I just hope this doesn't go wrong , 8k on line :(

@vinukm

Did they provide you a trackable shipment number ? mine just says , shipped by : City link .

Update : I enquired about why i didnt get a trackable shippment number .

Reply -
Have placed ordered once again.

How did you input address.I followed the aramex guide.

^ yeah , me too followed aramex guide . Prepay Wizard said they will update with delivery on monday , so waiting :p

roxysmile said:
^ yeah , me too followed aramex guide . Prepay Wizard said they will update with delivery on monday , so waiting :p
whers the guide ? linky please

Back