ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in India

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

Just unboxed my grey OLED piece. Its a beauty; no blemishes/ marks etc. Only need a screen protector now. Any idea where to get it from? Is the Dell XCD screen guard ok?

Oh, and btw, when I opened the package, I found my phone was also missing the memory card. Damn customs/ aramex guys :mad:

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

Bought it off ebay for 109 quid shipped. Lucky me, the seller didn't advertise it as OLED, I asked him this question and he replied after checking that this is an OLED. I checked with the build number as well as Glass=Samsung thingy. :)

Had got a white one shipped three weeks ago which I sold here on TE as no one at home liked the white phone.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Help - People who already have had their blades for a while, mind telling me which ROM I should go with? My phone is currently unlocked but has the stock orange rom on it. Trying to go step by step from the modaco forum on installing clockwork mod.

Appreciate your inputs and to-do's(in advance)

bhishma said:
Yes its better we wait for dual core processors..phones like atrix 4g and many phones around the corner with dual core processors
I got a Galaxy but gave it to a friend. Saving up to buy a Sony NGP. PS3 like graphics on handheld.. :D

But expected price ??? what to do if its 35K+ ?

@m.a, try JJ RSL 9, its really good and stable and give me a full day of charge with moderate workload.

The NGP wont be priced more than 3DS no matter even if they give twice the power of PS3 in a hand held. it would be counter productive.

So the tentative price would be around 20k even that comes around 420USD while the 3DS sells for just 320 or so.

avi said:
But expected price ??? what to do if its 35K+ ?
It will be costly no doubt about it. Hopefully it will follow NDS $250-300 pricing. (too optimistic :p ) If not back to console gaming on tv :)

Is there any way to detect if the screen is OLED? (Written on the box or something?).
Any alternatives to "asking the seller" would be appreciated.

Darthcoder said:
Is there any way to detect if the screen is OLED? (Written on the box or something?).

If the phone is grey and is at least 3-4 months old, there is a high chance it is OLED. Other than that, there is no way to tell apart from asking the seller himself.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Damn it. Cannot get EDGE connection on this phone. No matter whichever APN setting I make, there is no E sign. Anyone help? I'm on Airtel, Delhi and used the same setting as on my Spica but it just doesn't work.

Darthcoder said:

No other way than to ask the seller. Or as mentioned if it is sold before December. If the seller is smart he will know its OLED and price it accordingly. There is very little chance of geting an OLED now and seriously dont be obsessed with getting only an OLED. The TFT is also quite good. Forget which type of screen it is, it is a WVGA screen and thats mostly what matters

What does the shipping status "Updating Shipment Status" mean, anyone?
The status has been in that state for over 16 hours now :(

sharktale1212 said:
I got a Galaxy but gave it to a friend. Saving up to buy a Sony NGP. PS3 like graphics on handheld.. :D
Really doubt it has PS3 like graphics.

mjumrani said:
Really doubt it has PS3 like graphics.
see the video of the launch of how he operates it n what the gfx r like , what would you expect on a quad core cpu + quad core gpu :p

how long does royal mail take to ship to india using airmail. and what about the indian postal service. is it necessary to fill the cn22 form for mailing the phone

The status of phone is "New Delhi,India - Attempted Delivery - Customer Not Available / Delivery Rescheduled"

Why did they tried to deliver this in Delhi when I am in Jaipur, something is wrong here. Anybody saw such behavior before?

Gaurish said:
The status of phone is "New Delhi,India - Attempted Delivery - Customer Not Available / Delivery Rescheduled"

Why did they tried to deliver this in Delhi when I am in Jaipur, something is wrong here. Anybody saw such behavior before?
Call Aramex and find out. I think the location it shows is not the exact location of the shipment, rather it is the regional office location. My package tracking shows Bhopal in delivery information, although I'm in Indore. I might be wrong though.

Just wanted to ask few questions

1. which is the best mode of payment which i should use to buy this on prepaymania...
2. I dont have a credit card ill use my frnds (indian cc) will it cause any problems in shipping address or order confirmation.
3. How much time will it take to deliver it in uk as my frnd is coming back on 6th feb.

^ It should reach you within 2 business days and yes Indian CC will be accepted, try and use google checkout for payment. To be on the safer side, you can ask your friend to pick it up from one of the Orange shops or Argos.

Back