ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in India

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

You can use the same eBay India account.

You won't be able to checkout with Paypal from Prepaymania site directly as PayPal doesn't allow you to give a non Indian shipping address unless its done through eBay.

Anyway there are no extra charges for using Paypal, its exactly the same if you use the card directly. And yes you can use your Indian CC but as usual for any foreign currency transaction your bank would levy about 3.5% plus Service Tax.

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

Finally got my white Orange phone delivered! Now to hack it over the weekend :)

varkey said:
You can use the same eBay India account.

You won't be able to checkout with Paypal from Prepaymania site directly as PayPal doesn't allow you to give a non Indian shipping address unless its done through eBay.

Anyway there are no extra charges for using Paypal, its exactly the same if you use the card directly. And yes you can use your Indian CC but as usual for any foreign currency transaction your bank would levy about 3.5% plus Service Tax.
By Paypal charges I meant the currency conversion charges they would levy.

^ As I said, the currency conversion fee is charged by your bank not PayPal and its the same whether you use PayPal or not. If the transaction is not in INR there will be a conversion fee.

But PayPal allows you to use its on currency conversion which is slightly better than letting Visa do it.

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

varkey said:
But PayPal allows you to use its on currency conversion which is slightly better than letting Visa do it.

Yes, paypal charges are little less than what your cc issuing bank charges. If you have some arrangement with your bank where you can pay low charges then you can always ask paypal to bill you in dollars (or actual currency of payment) and let your bank do the conversion.

Getting my 2 phones today...from chennai...lemme know if ny1 from chennai is interested

so you mean that its better to pay with paypal even if you can pay with CC(paisapay) ?

Aramex guys finally realized that i did not pay anything for shipping and customs. They called me and will be coming next week to collect Rs 512 for each of my phones.

varkey said:
^ As I said, the currency conversion fee is charged by your bank not PayPal and its the same whether you use PayPal or not. If the transaction is not in INR there will be a conversion fee.

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

Yeah I had just forgot about how handsomely Indian credit cards charge on currency conversion.

Anyways, I just realized, paying by Paypal is a big mess for me. I'll see what's feasible. First I need to collect the cash. :p

raksrules said:
Aramex guys finally realized that i did not pay anything for shipping and customs. They called me and will be coming next week to collect Rs 512 for each of my phones.
same here, they still have taken shipping charges for one of my phones.

I was not at home yesterday, the status says "Attempted Delivery - Business Office Closed / Unable to Contact"

They will attempt redelivery on their own right? Or do I need to contact them? Because with Blue Dart, you need to contact them to arrange redelivery.

they will attempt to deliver again next working day...

Going by the standards Mr. Frankmehta purchases, he must be buying this phone for his Driver. :)

Come on. It's for my sister. She needs an Android phone. (just like EVERYONE else)

Let's see. It's a big company. Lots of 'sections' and departments. This is a separate seller run by the same company. Maybe they have a different section that does sales for them.

Notice the difference in FEEDBACK. One has 98.3 % with 1100 odd sales.

The other is almost perfect with more than 22000 odd sales.

Trying my luck. No harm in getting a refund.

frankmehta said:
have ordered from here. let's see how it goes. worst comes worst, I will get a PP refund.
Did you use Aramex?

Back