ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in India

buddingwhizkid said:
i said give me discount as i don't want Sim with credit !

and he put the discount as currency :S

:(
Should have asked the seller to give a partial refund through PayPal itself. Why did you opt for the currency route?

Anyway contact Aramex ask what can be done now.

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

One more important difference I notice is ZTE Blade has 512MB RAM and Dell has 256MB. One point I didn't got here, ZTE Blade says 150MB Storage and Dell says 200MB Storage, which I guess phone internal memory, but then what's ROM?? Though both the phone has 512MB ROM.

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

krishnandu said:
Thanks, but if you are kind enough, can you please explain the difference between ZTE Blade, San Francisco and Dell XCD35??

Actually when I view all 3 phones, there are slight difference in the specification of Screen, like in ZTE Blade I can see it's AMOLED or LCD, in Dell one I can see it's TFT Capacitive Touch Screen.

So which one would be better?? I know about Dell and Orange, what about ZTE Blade?? Never heard the name. reputed maker I wish.
All are same....

ZTE Blade - Original phone from ZTE
San Francisco - Orange rebranded ZTE Blade
Dell XCD35 - Dell rebranded ZTE Blade

What we all have is the Orange rebranded ZTE Blade called as San Francisco. So just forget about ZTE blade and assume ZTE blade = San Francisco in specs.

The phone when introduced by orange came in OLED screen but later on only TFT models were available. So if you are going to buy a brand new, most likely it may be TFT. 3-4 months old used ones may be OLED but no way to know until you have phone in hand.

I know gsmarena lists some physical difference between zte and dell but ignore them. They are same.

Moreover the dell one is with indian warranty but with double price to what we got and it has less (256 mb) RAM vis-a-vis the ZTE which has 512 MB. But there is a mod to make dell to 512 MB but that will void its warranty. Dell is only TFT screen and OLED is considered to be better than TFT.
But dont buy ZTE from UK site assuming you will get OLED. 99% chances are you will get TFT.

In short you should be looking to buy the ZTE Blade / San Fransisco from UK website like ebay UK.

If still unclear, you can call me and i will explain. (PM me if you want my num :) )

raksrules said:
All are same....

ZTE Blade - Original phone from ZTE

San Francisco - Orange rebranded ZTE Blade

Dell XCD35 - Dell rebranded ZTE Blade

What we all have is the Orange rebranded ZTE Blade called as San Francisco. So just forget about ZTE blade and assume ZTE blade = San Francisco in specs.

The phone when introduced by orange came in OLED screen but later on only TFT models were available. So if you are going to buy a brand new, most likely it may be TFT. 3-4 months old used ones may be OLED but no way to know until you have phone in hand.

I know gsmarena lists some physical difference between zte and dell but ignore them. They are same.

Moreover the dell one is with indian warranty but with double price to what we got and it has less (256 mb) RAM vis-a-vis the ZTE which has 512 MB. But there is a mod to make dell to 512 MB but that will void its warranty. Dell is only TFT screen and OLED is considered to be better than TFT.

But dont buy ZTE from UK site assuming you will get OLED. 99% chances are you will get TFT.

In short you should be looking to buy the ZTE Blade / San Fransisco from UK website like ebay UK.

If still unclear, you can call me and i will explain. (PM me if you want my num :) )
Thanks, that was crystal clear.

So ZTE Blade and San Francisco is same, only the Dell one has got some up's and down's in specs. :)

^^ yes correct and moreover buying dell one just for warranty does not make sense when the same phone with better specs is available for half the price (well almost)

raksrules said:
^^ yes correct and moreover buying dell one just for warranty does not make sense when the same phone with better specs is available for half the price (well almost)
Yup, as many are using, I'm not concerned with warranty, as the feedback seems good from who bought it.

So any specific sellers you guys are preferring or is it just random ones.

krishnandu said:
Yup, as many are using, I'm not concerned with warranty, as the feedback seems good from who bought it.

So any specific sellers you guys are preferring or is it just random ones.
Completely random since most people selling on ebay uk may be having just single pieces so chances are that here everyone who has bought from ebay have got it through different sellers.

Just see how much it comes with shipping and not over pay at all. Max i suggest touching is 110 GBP for a new and 100 for OLED used and 90 types for TFT used. But those are my parameters.

Most will be bid pieces. I had bought 2, one OLED won in bid - 97GBP shipped used and one new TFT for 105 GBP.

BTW what's the approx. cost of ZTE Blade + Aramex Shipping Charges + Customs(If needed) / Tax(If Any)

^^ whatever you pay in GBP + approx 470 INR (if weight under 0.5Kg) / approx 850 INR (if weight over 0.5kg) + 1.5-1.9% of phone cost (comes to 120 rupees types)

raksrules said:
^^ whatever you pay in GBP + approx 470 INR (if weight under 0.5Kg) / approx 850 INR (if weight over 0.5kg) + 1.5-19% of phone cost (comes to 120 rupees types)
Thanks, looks like it won't exceed my 10k budget then :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

One more thing, I don't know much about Phones, but heard that phones from UK or US doesn't works here, I guess iPhone is an example. So how does this works fine?? Isn't it locked?? Or after getting the phone do I need to Unlock it??

In that case does everything goes smooth for every phone or some luck percentage needed?? :p

^^ Most probably you will get an unlocked phone and in worst case it is locked then you can very easily get the unlock code. Dont worry about this for now.

krishnandu said:
Thanks, looks like it won't exceed my 10k budget then :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

One more thing, I don't know much about Phones, but heard that phones from UK or US doesn't works here, I guess iPhone is an example. So how does this works fine?? Isn't it locked?? Or after getting the phone do I need to Unlock it??

In that case does everything goes smooth for every phone or some luck percentage needed?? :p
Read the first post and a few pages of the thread please, all your questions are answered there. But in short, yes the phone comes locked to Orange UK, but can be unlocked easily

krishnandu said:
^^Ok ok, sorry :)
No need to say sorry mate, just pointing you to the best source of info :)

buddingwhizkid said:
now whom should i contact regarding the "found currency" in the package ! :S
Send an email to anuradha iyer with the details

Looks like black ones are sold out, I can only see the white ones within the price range that varkey mentioned. Black ones that are left are highly priced.

krishnandu said:
Looks like black ones are sold out, I can only see the white ones within the price range that varkey mentioned. Black ones that are left are highly priced.
If you are looking at the But it now options yes they usually are expensive. You will have to bid to get good deals. For example check this out - orange san francisco zte blade Android 2.2 froyo on eBay (end time 23-Feb-11 18:48:24 GMT)

And keep checking everyday, phones keep coming on sale

Also for bidding you can use the website auctionsniper. This website helped me win a bid on oled used blade :D

Thanks got that. :)

Then better I start looking at them next month, as I can arrange the money then only :p

Back