Zune blues

ok, so I got the Zune under an offer from US. Cost me around 4k. Now I always had EP-630. And I have been using it on my PC for like an year. And it sounds great. But when i used the same earphones with my Zune, they sound awful :( no punches in basses. Sounds washed out. I wonder if a personal MP3 player can never be as good as a PC in terms of sound quality(I have chepo on board sound card, btw). There isn't a manual EQ on zune :mad: I wonder what could be wrong.

lol,you must have upgraded your Zune to firmware 2.2 which doesn't have EQ.

ANyways My zune works absolutely fine with other earphones too(I dont have ep630 to check).

My zune sounds good enough (although slightly low bass) with the stock ear-phones! I also tried my other phillips earphones that produces better bass than the stock ones! Also, if you have upgraded to 2.2, theres a method to downgrade :)

Has anyone faced issues with ID tags on the new firmware ? I tried to import my collection on v 2.2 and it fooked up my album art and id tags !

^^I am still using 1.4 and I am not going to upgrade to 2.2!! I have done a lotsa research and 2.2 sux IMO.No EQ wtf?I fugging need EQ.

^^AFAIR, equalizer option was preset on my zune v2.2 ! It messed up all the album art and meta data,hence I downgraded to 1.4! But then no wireless syncing also sucks :( I am hoping we have a 2.3 as well!

^^Thats only for V2 devices! Its available on original Zune players! 2.3 is out ? Any significant changes ?

Hmmm..Just upgraded to 2.3 and believe me,it feels much snappier than 1.4! Also,Equaliser option present on my Zune 30! The only concern (and a big one) is that it will fook up album art and meta data! I am checking that right now!

Also,I want to try to new wireless sync feature..And initial reports suggest that 2.3 does provide better battery life and thats one of the main reasons why I decided to upgrade!

btw,does anyone face random shutdowns/restarts once in a while ?

^^do you actually feel better battery life?If yes then I will upgrade too!It concerns me the most.

Well no restarts\shutdowns in my Zune.

I can assure you there is improved battery life (in 2.2). Funnily enough, it seems to charge faster too. I don't use the wireless sync, since I need to connect to the comp to charge it anyway

Pat said:
btw,does anyone face random shutdowns/restarts once in a while ?

I had a few random shutdowns/restarts.....im on 2.3 FW.....all the restarts happened when i was on my bike ....weird :S ........

biggest complaint is the f**ked up ID3 tags and album art.....bloddy f**ked up in case of OSTs....each song in the OST is organized as different album...hope they fix this in the next upgrade and follow a simple album sorting method....

paroxy said:
I had a few random shutdowns/restarts.....im on 2.3 FW.....all the restarts happened when i was on my bike ....weird :S ........

biggest complaint is the f**ked up ID3 tags and album art.....bloddy f**ked up in case of OSTs....each song in the OST is organized as different album...hope they fix this in the next upgrade and follow a simple album sorting method....

Yea..thats precisely the reason why I downgraded to software v1.4 ! Anyways,I have upgraded to 2.3 now and trying out a few things to see if album art and ID3 tags can be fixed!

paroxy said:

same here!! it keeps on restarting when on a vehicle, very irritating. am on 2.3

paroxy said:

EMI ( Electromagnetic Interference ) From the bike's Ignition. Willcause almost all electronic gadgets go haywire.

Solutions, Get a original spark plug cap, which has a 5K ohm resistor in it, plus get a Spark plug which has a resistor in it.

Back