Zune blues

I know. I've heard of Zune problems involving shorts before, I guess this is a manifestation not seen before (motorbikes aren't that common in the west).

The question is, do competing products suffer in similar/other ways? No one's mobile phone switches off. What about iPods?

Any device that doesn't have a EMI shield will be prone to this phenomenon. Trial and error will tell you if ipods have same problem or not :p

Ravi_D said:
^nope,but there isn't any EQ(predefined or custom) in firmware 2.2 afaik.
The EQ on my Zune30 is retained even after I upgraded to 2.3. But even then, I want a custom EQ :( predefined ones are no good.

Pat said:
^^Thats only for V2 devices! Its available on original Zune players! 2.3 is out ? Any significant changes ?
Yes 2.3 is out and available for original Zune30 as well.
significant changes would be better battery life and issue regarding showing incorrect battery status.

Deus Ex Machina said:
The EQ on my Zune30 is retained even after I upgraded to 2.3. But even then, I want a custom EQ :( predefined ones are no good.

That is not possible currently :( Hopefully, they will make it available in one of the future upgrades!

about the zune restarting randomly .....i think its not the spark plug on bike......but more to do with just static charge.....the earphones seem to be developing static charge cause of wearing a helmet(which is full of wool inside) and adding to that the cold atmosphere outside.....this static charge is being sent along the earphones wire which is causing the the zune to shutdown/restart....imo the earphones supplied with the zune are also to blame is what i think....anyway im trying out a new set of earphones(PSP bundled ones) while riding back home today from work....hopefully i shouldnt face any random restarts....but if the zune does restart then the static charge issue is not just with the earphones but the zune also and cannt be overcome with a good set of earphones/headphones.....

Yea..I have read that explanation on a lot of zune forums! But seriously, the issue is very random! Like,for example,yesterday I was listening to it for more than 5 hours and not once did it restart!

Ok,finally upgraded to firmware 2.3 from 1.4.Quite a big change for me!

1.The big fonts are just not cool,They don't fit in screen.Earlier were better.

2.Overall browsing is very easy and animations are cool.

3.Overall better looking than 1.4

4.The problem showing incorrect battery status in 1.4 was really irritating:(.

Anyways guys I got one problem.I synced some old photos and songs from back up DVDs to Zune,I had to copy them first to Hard disk cos we can't sync directly from cd\dvds to Zune.After that I deleted those pics.and songs from my hard disk and when the next time I synced my Zune they all got deleted from my zune automatically!,very irritating.I tried changing the settings but cudn't find any setting regarding this.Any solution?please.

BTW I have the latest version of software+firmware.

^^Dont know the "perfect" solution for that but what I do all the time is sync under "Guest Mode" and not by linking the device.That way,your existing data on Zune does not get touched!

hey guys how do your guys covert your videos for Zune?

I converted some videos(~40-50mb) to Zune .wma using total video converter at maximum possible settings,the finla video size was just 12-15mb.Is this the max.?I mean I want very high quality videos(30gb is more than enough for me).

Even i use total video converter. The quality is pretty good. A 350mb tv episode after converting is approx 200mb. Even when connected to tv its quite watchable.

Ravi_D said:
Ok,finally upgraded to firmware 2.3 from 1.4.Quite a big change for me!

1.The big fonts are just not cool,They don't fit in screen.Earlier were better.

2.Overall browsing is very easy and animations are cool.

3.Overall better looking than 1.4

4.The problem showing incorrect battery status in 1.4 was really irritating:(.

Anyways guys I got one problem.I synced some old photos and songs from back up DVDs to Zune,I had to copy them first to Hard disk cos we can't sync directly from cd\dvds to Zune.After that I deleted those pics.and songs from my hard disk and when the next time I synced my Zune they all got deleted from my zune automatically!,very irritating.I tried changing the settings but cudn't find any setting regarding this.Any solution?please.

BTW I have the latest version of software+firmware.

Go to settings > software. And then one of the navigation tabs, there is options like following. Chose "Let me select music to sync" in place of "sync all my music automatically" for all music, videos and pictures. Though this is the ideal solution but it doesnt seem to wrok sometimes. In that case do a guest sync.

Ravi_D said:
hey guys how do your guys covert your videos for Zune?

I converted some videos(~40-50mb) to Zune .wma using total video converter at maximum possible settings,the finla video size was just 12-15mb.Is this the max.?I mean I want very high quality videos(30gb is more than enough for me).

Max resolution supported by zune is 360x240 or 1.5 mbps. I that's what the software converts the videos to.

Hey I just received my zune abt a week back...I have been using it with my Ep-630 without any problems... Th esound quality is amazing... Althought the bundled earphones are gooud..it doesn't come close to the ep-630 in terms of quality...

mine was also working well but since yesterday i am facing one problem as day before that it got thrown on the floor by my niece :p i was at start not able to even charge it but now charging is working but somehow i am not able to see it connected on Zune PC software and that means i am not able to transfer anything to zune :( ... so any ideas which i can try that would make me transfer the data into it ?

^^Try a hardware reset and see if that helps..Ofcourse, you will lose all your data, but you can always resync it from your pc/lappy!

Back