Zune blues

Are the wireless functions on the Zune restricted (by hardware) to sync only? Or could MS add full wi-fi capabilty and a web browser later on?

@ how to do the hardware reset ?
and if i do the reset and then loose all the data and then not able to sync it with PC Zune will end up having nothing :p

scarezebra said:
Hey I just received my zune abt a week back...I have been using it with my Ep-630 without any problems... Th esound quality is amazing... Althought the bundled earphones are gooud..it doesn't come close to the ep-630 in terms of quality...

EP-630 are better than premium earbuds that ship with new zunes?

tejinderss said:
Sorry for posting the reply twice, my internet is going mad.

I think something is wrong here on TE..nothing to do with your ISP :)

@ how to do the hardware reset ?
and if i do the reset and then loose all the data and then not able to sync it with PC Zune will end up having nothing

I dont think that would happen..Still, its your call on whether you want to do it or not!

Some key combinations to remember on Zune:

1-> Press and hold the play button and it will put your zune into sleep mode.

2->Press and hold the back button and it will take you to the main menu no matter where you are.

3->Press and hold the back + down buttons and your zune will go into deep sleep mode (so you don't waste battery).

4->Press and hold the back + up buttons to reset your zune. (This is just like a rest button on xbox or ps2, it won't delete anything)

For these you have to do it while the zune is starting up at the ZUNE screen:

5->Press and hold the back + center + left buttons and the zune will delete everything it has on it, as well as the firmware.

6->Press and hold the back + center + right buttons and the zune will delete everything on it except the firmware.

You should first try option 4..If that doesnt help, try 6 :)

tried 4 but no use and i am not too sure about using 6 cause it will delete the data and if it still dosn't work then my zune will be of no use :p
anyways i have all my songs in it and few videos and movies just wanted to add more movies in it. i guess i have to bear without them :(
it seems like there may be some hardware damage in zune.. is there any place in delhi where i can get it checked (pallika ?)

thanks pat for the tips. my zune reboots when i try playing with helmet on. I doubt it reboots coz of static charge. I've noticed...it always shuts off at a particular time in a song.

pisen said:
tried 4 but no use and i am not too sure about using 6 cause it will delete the data and if it still dosn't work then my zune will be of no use :p
anyways i have all my songs in it and few videos and movies just wanted to add more movies in it. i guess i have to bear without them :(
it seems like there may be some hardware damage in zune.. is there any place in delhi where i can get it checked (pallika ?)

you got wifi? I can sync it with my computer in wifi mode. works little slow but if its in the same room...its manageable.

pisen said:
mine was also working well but since yesterday i am facing one problem as day before that it got thrown on the floor by my niece :p i was at start not able to even charge it but now charging is working but somehow i am not able to see it connected on Zune PC software and that means i am not able to transfer anything to zune :( ... so any ideas which i can try that would make me transfer the data into it ?

I had a similar problem when I first got my zune. I had connected it in the front USB port and the software wouldnt detect the zune as connected but it shows as charging. The issue was solved when I connected to the USB port on the back.

Arya said:
thanks pat for the tips. my zune reboots when i try playing with helmet on. I doubt it reboots coz of static charge. I've noticed...it always shuts off at a particular time in a song.

if that problem is bugging u a lot ....just set on ure display backlight to always on.....it can be low medium or high...Low will save battery if ure traveling long distance .....this work around is gud for me hope fully it should help u 2.....

paroxy said:
if that problem is bugging u a lot ....just set on ure display backlight to always on.....it can be low medium or high...Low will save battery if ure traveling long distance .....this work around is gud for me hope fully it should help u 2.....

i see...thanks man. will try that. I just tried playing it without helmet on and it still goes off...i think its because the vibrations.

@pisen: I have asus P5B wifi ap....i sync using that. but try some friend's lappy...it may work.

^^Not too sure about the comparison.Having said that, I find the sound quality pretty decent but the bundled ear-phones are strictly okay!

@Arya: The rebooting has got to do with Static which IMO is caused due to some issue with the bundled earphones! Try a different earphone..That should help!

pisen said:
@arya
i got some sad cable net connection here so wifi goes out of options :(

You dont need a net connection for wifi sync! Do you have wifi adapter on ur pc or lappy ? Thats all you would need!

Pat said:
^^Not too sure about the comparison.Having said that, I find the sound quality pretty decent but the bundled ear-phones are strictly okay!

@Arya: The rebooting has got to do with Static which IMO is caused due to some issue with the bundled earphones! Try a different earphone..That should help!

IT happened with EP-630 too. i read somewhere that its due to static created with help of helmet cushion. I tried without helmet...still reboots. However Paroxy's advice worked.

Only problem I have with zune now is...some songs are copied each time i sync. anyone found a cure for this?

^^ Try upgrading to the latest zune software (I'm not talking about the firmware here...) v2.3 of the software has some sync fixes, I dunno what exactly though.

KingKrool said:
^^ Try upgrading to the latest zune software (I'm not talking about the firmware here...) v2.3 of the software has some sync fixes, I dunno what exactly though.

Or even better, use Media Monkey or WMP to sync music to your Zune :eek:hyeah: I have used MM and it truly rocks..So give it a go..

Back