English TV series discussion

Legion - Really good but its as confusing as something written by Nolan brothers. But its 2 episodes in so need to see more to give a verdict.
So the last episode of Legion was good and bad in its own way. For one, I could understand the trippy visuals and confusing storylines from past episodes owing to the insistence on dream sequences. But this episode tries to shove in some of those visual and confusing story lines just to seem "artsy" which irritated me a lot. In case anyone is wondering
dream sequences for David is fine and good, it is supposed to be trippy. But cutting away from Syd's road trip to try and shove in the trippy sequences and constantly going back to the end of the episode showing their capture serves no purpose than make it look "artsy"/
The good thing is after 4 damn episodes, the story is starting to move a bit.

Watched 4 eps of Stranger things. The 80s retro look, the feel and the atmosphere is just perfect. The mystery is interesting and the characters are quite good with good acting all round. Since I know that S2 is planned I wonder if there is enough payoff for S1.

^^ Yes there is. The worrying part is actually S02 as they might not have enough story to cover after the payoff in S01.
Good to hear that S1 in itself is satisfying.

Anyone seen the trailer for Ducktales reboot? Was filled with nostalgia but the animation quality looked weird/cheap?? Looks deliberate. Don't know what to make of that,

Good to hear that S1 in itself is satisfying.

Anyone seen the trailer for Ducktales reboot? Was filled with nostalgia but the animation quality looked weird/cheap?? Looks deliberate. Don't know what to make of that,
They are going for the rough outlines from comics look instead of the smooth outlines of a proper animation.

^^ I liked Blunt Talk although I have yet to watch the second season. Patrick Stewart reminded me of a less sociopathic version of Ben Kingsley's charcter in the brilliant Sexy Beast.

The Good Place is simply amazing. Kristen Bell is the best!!

I watched a couple of episodes and it didn't click for me. Does it get better as it goes on?

Last edited:
I waited patiently for a good quality Silicon Valley, but finally gave up and got whatever crap was available. Friggin 150mb 720ps ! But it was worth it, s3 is as awesome as ever!

^^ I liked Blunt Talk although I have yet to watch the second season. Patrick Stewart reminded me of a less sociopathic version of Ben Kingsley's charcter in the brilliant Sexy Beast.

I watched a couple of episodes and it didn't click for me. Does it get better as it goes on?
I heard it does. I confess i have only watched 3 episodes so far.

Iron Fist to be released today. Wanted to watch it. Not sure i will after seeing the reviews.

Luke cage was boring AF. Jessica jones was slightly better maybe because ritter is kinda hot. daredevil was pretty decent. Not too hopeful about iron fist.

Jessica Jones had good to great performances. First half of Luke Cage was good but took a nosedive when
alien bullets were introduced and Cottonmouth was killed.

Back