• Romain Grosjean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sergio Perez

• Nico Rosberg

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Will probably be a snoozefest anyway, the only interesting part where everyone used to crash on the kerb is gone

Vettel was ahead from start till end. Alonso and Kimi pitstop during safety car helped but it was not so good for Rosberg and Hamilton.Button suffered overtaking by all as his tyres started degrading in and as soon as Kimi passed he was passed by Webber ,Rosberg, Hamilton but disappointing end to Webber on last lap by engine catching fire and Grojean had car coolent problem. Overall good race with one accident. Great for Kimi to come from 13 to 3 with back problems.

Will probably be a snoozefest anyway, the only interesting part where everyone used to crash on the kerb is gone
True that.

Didn't get to see the race but from what I read Daniel's crash caused a Safety Car to come out which helped Kimi to get a podium.

Apparently Kimi got a backache because of a trapped nerve which was caused by a loosely fitted seat. Don't want to read much into it and hope he gets well before the next race. Backache can be a huge problem.

What I did see today was 'RUSH'.

Yeah I skipped the race halfway to catch rush and wasn't really impressed

Do you know when formation laps started in F1? I was trying to find out but all I get is the procedure. The reason I am looking for it is because it seemed that they started the Japanese GP without a formation lap or may be like everything else in the movie they directly skipped to the race start.

Do you know when formation laps started in F1? I was trying to find out but all I get is the procedure. The reason I am looking for it is because it seemed that they started the Japanese GP without a formation lap or may be like everything else in the movie they directly skipped to the race start.
Guess it was there

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/image/66465.html
Niki Lauda leads James Hunt on the formation lap, South African Grand Prix, Kyalami, March 6, 1976

@bottle - Is that the first formation lap in F1?

That does answer 1 question though. If formation laps where ther back in SA GP it was present in Japanese GP as well. So that means either Ron skipped the formation lap or forgot about it.

Me too started the day by watching RUSH at 10am as there were only two shows at 10 and at 8pm near my house.
and they are only showing the movie till wed. :(
Liked the movie. Specially the last 15min. Though the sound could have been much better. All the race footage sounded like a computer game playback :(

Then played F1 2012 on Xbox. And then enjoyed the race. Though only the start and end were worth watching the remaining race was pretty boring :(
Prior to the race there was a hour long feature on the Singapore GO history of last 5 years. That was good.

I dont know whats up with STAR ESPN. Every weekend you have to hunt on which channel they are telecasting the race. Why cant they keep it only on 1 particular channel.
Infact like Europe and Aust, we should also have a dedicated Motor sport channel. There is so much going on....
I am sick of watching reruns of cricket matches aired zillion times on all sport channels :(

Coming back to the race.... Its so stupid of the people who keep on booing..... I say Booers are Loosers.......
If any other driver cant beat him thats not his problem....
Must say Vettel is damn patient about all this.... But even he did not miss taking a pot shots at the booers yday....

All that said.... Time for the Korean GP which is the most boring of all races....

@bottle - Sorry didn't see post #168 before posting earlier.

@onlyravi - I agree there should be a channel dedicated to MotorSports but I doubt it will workout. I would love it, There are a few shows which show you compilations of other racing series and they appear to be more enjoyable than F1 but the amount of people interested in watching Motorsport is limited. The general sport watching public follow either Football or cricket, some do both and very few watch something else. Till the time the situation remains such I doubt the channel would work and would fizz out just like Animax did.

Korean GP - The most boring race? Heck Kimi and Fernando in the same team in 2014, in unknown territory in terms of car with 2014 regulations. Who cares about what happens this year? Nring on 2014.

On a more serious note - it seems that Kimi might not participate in Korean GP. I hope he recovers soon.

No replies after the Korean GP??? Strange...
Anyways the race had started to become a little boring but just then all the action starts....
Tyres bursting.... cars crashing..... wow....
Looked like the entire universe was tipped to throw Webber out of the race...
First the 10place harsh grid penalty puts him at 13th position to start.... He did a nice job of recovering from there a couple of places to lose his wing....
then check tyre burst gets webber a puncture.... How unfortunate that was....
And no sooner he comes back on track with his new tyres his car is hit and blown to flames ... Rott in Hell Sutil :(
Really felt very bad for him yesterday.... If he had completed the race he was surely in fight for the podium...

Hulkenberg drove intelligently making the right moves at the right time..... Gave a tough fight to Lewis.... Enjoyed watching that stint.... Lewis/Rosberg/Alonso/NicoH

1.jpeg
Image:GrandPrixToons.com

2.jpeg
From facebook....

read on AutoSport that Webber met the Pirelli Motorsport director Paul Hembery personally on Sunday night and gave him a peace of mind...... errr..... Piece of mind..... :D

read on AutoSport that Webber met the Pirelli Motorsport director Paul Hembery personally on Sunday night and gave him a peace of mind...... errr..... Piece of mind..... :D

Was that before or after Paul slammed Webber in Press for Mark's comments?

The race was anything but boring at any point.

The race -
Massa made a stupid mistake by going on the kerbs real hot and nearly took his team-mate out. I don't see why would anyone want a driver who debuted in F1 over 10 years ago and still makes rookie mistakes.
Romain did well to get past Lewis. There was no way either could have tamed the bull in front.
Nico was doing really well against Lewis - mind you - Nico did a better job than Lewis in maintaining his tyres and would have finished ahead if not for the freakish Front-Wing failure. It is possible that Lewis would have done an undercut later on.
There was a 4 way battle and Lotus made a good call by calling Kimi in. The fight ensued. Thanks to Lewis pitting a lap later than planned he replace Kimi in this battle.
After pit-stops Kimi was ahead of this battle and that's when the first safety car came out.
Kimi made the best of the restart and capitalized on Romain's mistake just before the Yellow Flagged section.
Sutil who is no longer trying to stab people with glass, stabbed Webber's car with his and setting it on fire.
What happened next was momentarily hilarious and something I have never seen in F1. Felt like a scene from Benny Hill Show.
The Hulk did a tremendous job of defending his 4th place.
I heard Romain was asking for Team Orders and that's when Eric stepped in.
Vettel very quickly pulled away from Kimi and considering Kimi was on tyres 6 or 7 laps older than Romain's and Romain was let loose and generally a loose canon, I was a bit tense till the race ended.

Post race thoughts -
When we think of F1 we only talk in terms of Drivers or overall team. Eric Boullier - when he told Romain that he had to take the position himself and treat it like a learning experience/curve earned a huge amount of my respect. I already respected him for the way he has led the team. Sure they have financial problems but despite that he has managed to continue to compete with teams that have far larger budgets and drivers that get their salary on time.

Back