• Romain Grosjean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sergio Perez

• Nico Rosberg

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This really has to be the worse F1 Season ever (or probably since I started watching).

Too many breaks between races so far and the break after tomorrow's race is huge. There is absolutely no rhythm at all. When 1 race finishes you look forward to the next race. If it finishes the way it did in the last race with the 'Holy Drunk' second and might have won if there was another lap or two then you are leaning forward.

Whoever made the calendar this year should be kicked twice in the rear. Second time just to ensure it was done right.

Yeah same here, was watching todays qualifying and had no interest at all. Grosjean for WDC!

This really has to be the worse F1 Season ever (or probably since I started watching).

Too many breaks between races so far and the break after tomorrow's race is huge. There is absolutely no rhythm at all. When 1 race finishes you look forward to the next race. If it finishes the way it did in the last race with the 'Holy Drunk' second and might have won if there was another lap or two then you are leaning forward.

Whoever made the calendar this year should be kicked twice in the rear. Second time just to ensure it was done right.

The break before SpA is always a long one... But yeah I agree that scheduling has been crap this season.

Yeah same here, was watching todays qualifying and had no interest at all. Grosjean for WDC!

Doubt it even in the long run. He was doing well today till the shunt. By now I am sure he should know when to make a move and which move to make. Diving into a corner won't always get you past the car in front. That his how Sergio landed with a DNF in Monaco.

Today's race was a bit special for a few reasons and one of them being the race itself.

What you felt during the qualifying yesterday, I get the same feeling during some races and that is because of the crappy schedule this year.

The break before SpA is always a long one... But yeah I agree that scheduling has been crap this season.

The wait for Spa is always long but the schedule is much better after the break.

The Hungarian GP -

Lewis - Did well and made his luck today. Took chances and quickly got past the rivals which the others fail to do.

Kimi - The 'Holy Drunk' made the 2 pit stop work and was lucky Massa ran wide and he got past otherwise he wouldn't be up there. Nothing spectacular otherwise

Vettel - Another race with a few problems but he soldiered on. Kudos to him for that.

Webber - Did a solid job considering the mysterious problem cropping again yesterday only on his car.

Alonso - Today it was the car and the Ferrari team that let him down. If he had finished on podium or won the race it would be all him.

Romain - The guy didn't do much wrong this race but was still punished. If he did overtake Massa by going off the track he should have given the place back to him or his team should have told him to do it. A drive-thru really seemed a bit harsh. I hope this doesn't affect his confidence and he takes the positives that were there this race. This guy can really use some confidence. A lesson from Max Chilton is a must.

Button - Lewis will click on 'Add Friend' on his facebook page tonight.

Massa - Don't come any closer I am dangerous.

Nico - The Headless Chicken of the first lap.

The others - Oh! There were more?

Indian Grand Prix will surely stay. Its most likely that Hungary GP will be axed when the Austrian GP comes into play.
The Korean GP is in heavy loss. They were not sure even about hosting the 2013 GP. I think they will also drop out next year.

If anyone noticed there were only four companies displaying their advt in Hungary GP.
LG / Pirelli / Allianz / UBS. Its heavily sponsored by the State Govt and gets good ticket sale due to its proximity to Austria.

33 laps on a set of prime tires and holding Vettel, great work by Kimi :)

The reason I said I was not impressed with Kimi's feat yesterday is he did 29 laps and 28 laps on the prime tyres. Webber did 23 laps on prime tyres at the start with a heavier car. As the race went on the cars got lighter and there was more and more grip as rubber was being laid down by the cars. If he had qualified better, had a good start or got past people he would have done better than second. The other thing is Hungaroring is a track on which passing is really difficult thus making defending a bit easier and unlike the hamster, the finger boy had a lot to loose considering he has already had a DNF this season and would not take a silly chance.

That WDC bit was added by the idiot mod eddy :p

I thought you were being too optimistic.

IIRC doesn't India have a contract for 5 years till 2015?

I for one would love to see A1 back. It is my favorite track in F1 Challenge '99-'02 (Yes I still play it).

If any track should be sacrificed then it has to be the South Korean Track. Last year was a joke.

@bottle - Williams have created a very horrible car. If it was any better Pastor would be on it. I for some reason believe that Pastor is a good racer. He tries to push the car to it's limits and beyond which makes him a bit accident prone but he seems to be one of those guys who would rather do something about what he thinks is wrong than accept it for what it is. I would rather have him in the second Lotus.

Last edited by a moderator:
No discussion about yesterdays race???
Looks like all Kimi fans are disappointed ....
Good start for the second half of the season.

Sadly the race started with the update that there will be no Indian GP in 2014 and no guarantee about 2015.
Vettel as always was just fantastic..... But the thing is if he is leading the cameras never bother to show him.... so one gets less of his racing to see.
Alonso, though I dont like him very much but must applause his efforts to end up on the podium starting 9th on the grid.
Excellent pit stops of Alonso 2.6 and Vettel and Hamilton of 2.7sec. Infact Vettel's two pitstops were 2.7 sec... amazing...

Webber even yesterday was slow to start..... Not sure if its his own mistake or someone is screwing with his car so that he cant take off with a bang at the start..... His most of the starts in 2013 have been very lazy.

Again no confirm announcement on who will replace Webber....
But enjoyed the race.... and the qualifiers too....

Had a horrible weekend. Was joking about smoking a hookah on Friday at office, reached home turned on the computer sub-woofer went up in smoke. Saturday afternoon realized that the laptop battery is discharging and charging really quick - Battery gone bad. Saturday evening after nearly witnessing what was to be a historical moment with Force India, tried to turn on the PC. PC would boot but no display. After a lot of tinkering around got the graphic card to work.

Sunday morning stayed away from everything electronic fearing my 'Touch of $hit' - Unlike Midsas's touch my touch turned everything into $hit. In the evening watched the race and Kimi's brake failed.

I hope no one here is a Kimi fan.

Will write what I thought about the race in the evening once I reach home.

Found it bit boring especially middle stint. Kimis retirement was a disappointment as was Lewis being off the pace

Kimi's streak of race finishes ends with brake failure:( . Positive for Alonso to finish in 2nd but it was Vettel all the way from opening lap till end.

^yeah..38 finishes in a row. tough luck for kimi. down to 4th now:(. SPA has its charms. most of the time engine revs hover around max.. ahh those high speed corners:rolleyes:. impressive drive by alonso.

Last edited:
What is ironical about Kimi's race is the comments he made a few days ago before. He said consistency won't help him win the championship, winning will. Very much like Kimi of the past when he made up his mind to come to win he landed up with a retirement.

Let's talk about a few more things.
Qualifying is always key and this week the qualifying really gave us an interesting grid. Ferrari's near the end of top 10 and a few slower cars in the mix up and down the grid.
Some took a few risks - It worked for a few guys and for some it didn't.
A honorable mention for the strategist on the Force India Pit Wall who made an amazing call and nearly helped Paul Di Resta get a pole. Unfortunately the conditions improved rapidly and he was beaten.

The Race -
Sebastien's move on Hammy was fantastic and I don't understand why there are some who say Hammy made a mistake before the straight, some say he saved all his Kers till that point. I say that was a brilliant move and just accept that Vettel is a good driver.
Alonso - Great race for the Spaniard. I don't know how fast the Red Bull was but this car was fast. Sad he didn't manage to catch Vettel.
Hammy and Nico - They were there. You might not have noticed but they were.
Mark - Did he really need a tyre change?
Button - Hard to say where the McLaren stands at this point but he did a remarkable job considering the competition.
Massa - Looked very uncomfortable at the start but did well to get where he did. He should quit though.
Romain - Like Nico he too was in the race. Just wish he had stayed away from Kimi at the start.

Apart from Kimi's retirement and the accident which involved Maldonado and the others there was not much to get excited about.

At the podium I thought the crowd was booing Seb but It turned out to be some Greenpeace workers :D

Last edited:
Back