Have Bsnl broadband speeds increased by 100%?

I talked to my contact in BSNL today, regarding the availability of the upgraded high-end plans (1350, 1700, 2150) in only certain states, and when it would be available in my state/pan-India. He informed me that when there is a new feature/upgrade introduced, it is put out in an experimental phase in certain areas. This phase may last for 30, 60 or 90 days, after which BSNL reviews the results (I do not know what they review or how long it takes) and makes the upgrade available to the rest of the country. So, according to him, the rest of the country should start seeing the changed plans in March, or April.

Furthermore, he mentioned that writing a letter to the CGM of your state is helpful in speeding up the process i.e. it shows that the customers are aware and that there is interest in the new plans.

I am going to write a letter to the CGM of my state, and I encourage others to do so as well. The greater the pressure from the rest of India, the sooner we all get the advantage. It would be best to keep the letter very polite and positive. No point antagonizing the very people who we expect to help us.

Rather than writing for speeding up of implementation, why not write about making 1Mbps as default speed ?

2005 was when the Broadband was introduced and at 256kbps, and in 7 yrs we are not even getting 1Mbps, then its really sad scene for us.

I also plan to write, so please do share the letter you plan to write with all of us

I will. I plan to write the letter today, and send it to my contact for approval. Then I will post it here as well.

Rather than writing for speeding up of implementation, why not write about making 1Mbps as default speed ?

2005 was when the Broadband was introduced and at 256kbps, and in 7 yrs we are not even getting 1Mbps, then its really sad scene for us.

It will be much harder to get them to change policy than it will be to convince them to speed up implementation (or make available pan-India) plans that are already available elsewhere. Keep in mind that, since early 2011, TRAI has recommended that the minimum speed for a plan to be marketed as broadband should be 512 kbps. Yet ISPs casually ignore it with many plans give only 256 kbps post-FUP. So it's best of pick and choose which battles to fight. Changes to minimum speeds will probably only happen when enforced by DoT.

bsnl is worst m having unlimited plan but speed is only 35-40kbps should i complain??? This is downloading speed when i tried to download by torrent.

I'm facing few connection problems since few days,Getting Error 651 frequently
<

^ Recd that for a good 4-5 hrs. Just wont connect when it strikes.

But got resolved. But yea, i did lodged a complaint and i was given a time frame of 24-48 hrs. Resolved within 3-4 hrs of lodging the complaint though.

It had to resolve going by past experience.. just one of those few errors bsnl sends in about 3 months to make us realize we are with Sarkari connection.

There are 2 kind of 750 Plan .

750UL - 512 Kbps Unlimited Downloading

750ULD - 1 Mbps upto 6GB then 512 Kbps

So anyone on 750UL getting 1 Mbps ?

Back