Have Bsnl broadband speeds increased by 100%?

<
Let's hope it's a permanent change and the speed doesn't drop at all.

^ That is too long, it should not take more than 2 minute. You can check the SNR & Attenuation from router ADMIN by visiting 192.168.1.1 in browser. Login as admin, password=password/ blank. The gateway 192.168.1.1 could be different, check for the same in ethernet adapter TCP/IP settings.

I am having the same disconnection problems faced by many here.

The internet goes and comes back intermittently.

Sometimes i need to switch off and switch on the router to get back the internet.

Any suggestions??

Will go home and post the attenuation ans snr values.

If SNR comes below 10, get the telephone line checked for dry joints, request a pair change from Telephone exchange, change ADSL splitter. If no improvement try another modem with its original power adapter.

Even, I am having the connection drop-out problem. Also, the speed is very low as I get around 100kbps, though I have 1Mbps plan.

Also, I am unable to configure my D-link DI524 wireless router. Can someone please guide me in configuring the router (as it needs a difference ip # and all).

my download speeds go so low during the morning hrs and will get back to my normal speeds after 10 30 PM. any suggestions on this??

i have a 1350 4Mbps plan.

If SNR comes below 10, get the telephone line checked for dry joints, request a pair change from Telephone exchange, change ADSL splitter. If no improvement try another modem with its original power adapter.

Will need to check on that.

I have tried with 2 different modems and the result was same.

Need to cehck the SNR value and get some remedy from the exchange.

Will need to check on that.

I have tried with 2 different modems and the result was same.

Need to cehck the SNR value and get some remedy from the exchange.
Low SNR would conform any problem in Line. Other wise the problem is at BSNL end. I am also facing frequent disconnections from few days modem have been checked by BSNL Guys and Line have been replaced by them after forcing them. SNR values are 32. But still facing frequent disconnections. So surely problem is somewhere at BSNL end.

I have made a complain at BSNL portal.

Register your complaints too: http://mis.bsnl.co.in/pgs/internet/pgwebregn.asp

SNR Margin (dB):

Downstream

Upstream

Attenuation (dB):

Downstream

Upstream

These are the values i got from the diagnostics window.

Hope there are no problems

SNR Margin (dB):

Downstream

Upstream

Attenuation (dB):

Downstream

Upstream

These are the values i got from the diagnostics window.

Hope there are no problems
You should call BSNL Guys to check your line. Your Downstream SNR values are vary bad.

If SNR Value is:

0-10 - very bad

10-20 - little bad

20-30 - good

30-40 - excellent

Sumatrix, your downstream(8.6) is very bad which means frequent disconnections and very unpleasant connection in the long run. Check with your line for any faults or call up bsnl to check from their exchange until your point. As invhere, posted, having 20+ will be good

Back