Have Bsnl broadband speeds increased by 100%?

I never even got 70+ speed even for 6gb
<
, i am already pissed , all sv on steam have 90+ ping for cs 1.6 , the vstreet sv is down , bad bad month
<

i recently upgraded my one connection to ULD 900 (4mbps till 8gb and 512kbps afterwards).

my previous plan on that connection:- combo plus 600.(upto 2mbps with night unlimited).

so,in the process they upgraded my network from "P2" to "P3 or Multiplay".

this is what happened to my speed and ping:-

my old ping :- 40-60ms

new ping :- 140-280ms

old speed:- 1.85-2.14 mbps

new speed:- 1.4-1.8mbps.(which is supposed to be 4mbps till 8gb .i only downloaded 1.9 gb till now)

so,i filed a complaint about speed and ping and still it is in process and forwarded to DE after lot of scolding.

any suggestion how to fix this in least time.its been already over 10 days

Well, first of all i'd like to know the details of your ADSL stats.Put it in the next reply.

Model Name MT882 Firmware Version V200R001C01B021SP03

Jun 20 2005
ADSL Line Status ADSL State

Show Time

Data Path

Interleave

DSP Version D.57.2.17 Operation Mode

ADSL2+

Output Power

12.1 dB

Upstream DownStream ADSL Link Speed

509 Kbps

ADSL Link Speed

2046 Kbps

Previous Tx-Rate

0 Kbps

Previous Rx-Rate

0 Kbps

SNR

25.0 dB

SNR

34.0 dB

CRC

CRC

Attenuation

9.0 dB

Attenuation

23.0 dB

FEC

FEC

HEC(ATM Layer)

HEC(ATM Layer)

as you can see my ADSL link speed is only 2mbps.But as per plan ,it should be 4mbps.

Well, as per the statistics the downstream data rate is capped at 2048 Kbps(2 Mbps) so you can't get more than that.For that you've got to contact the SDE at your local exchange and ask that person to lift the cap to 4096 Kbps(4 Mbps).It's just a matter of 5 mins or so and your problem will be solved.

Well, as per the statistics the downstream data rate is capped at 2048 Kbps(2 Mbps) so you can't get more than that.For that you've got to contact the SDE at your local exchange and ask that person to lift the cap to 4096 Kbps(4 Mbps).It's just a matter of 5 mins or so and your problem will be solved.

i tried ,but still no solution ......any other way i get i done at the earliest?

Yes, the data rate shown in the ADSL stats is actually the line rate which defines the maximum possible speed you can get on your connection.It only matters when you've got low line rate and the speed in any plan is higher than that of line rate then it will affect your speed.Say, if the line rate is capped at 2048 Kbps(2 Mbps) and your mentioned plan in 4096 Kbps(4 Mbps) then you will get a maximum of 2 Mbps which is actually the line rate and not the mentioned plan speed.

It means that in case of samir their exchange is not capable of the 4Mbps speed. It's not only cap problem it is a hardware problem from their exchange.

No, actually the line rate for each and every connection is set in a device called DSLAM at the exchange.So, there is no problem at the exchange and they just need to lift the cap in that device.It's just a matter of 5 mins or so.

It means that in case of samir their exchange is not capable of the 4Mbps speed. It's not only cap problem it is a hardware problem from their exchange.

first of all, thanks to everyone for replying.

my other connection is Upto 8mbps(BBG Speed Combo 2799)from same exchange.and i get 7+ mbps all time.

so i guess this is cap problem....well link speed /negotiated QoS /Max line speed is the cap set by operators to provide various speed.

whom to contact in this regard?

i am from lucknow jankipuram.

Have got a problem with my BSNL router . It is the ADSL 2+ model.

The wifi keeps disappearing now and then and i need to goto the gateway and then switch off and switch on the wifi option

and only then is my SGS2 able to recognise it.Is it a problem with my phone or modem??

Back