Have Bsnl broadband speeds increased by 100%?

Hmmm.

Anybody knows how to stop the torrents from blocking all my ports.

The problem i am facing right now is that i just cannot browse at all when i just keep the torrent client open without any

downloads going on .

Any solution for this??

Hmmm.

Anybody knows how to stop the torrents from blocking all my ports.

The problem i am facing right now is that i just cannot browse at all when i just keep the torrent client open without any

downloads going on .

Any solution for this??

Try reducing number of connections(Inbound + Outbound)

Stopped my bsnl connection as there were many problems in the area,got five net good speed 1mbps Unlimited for 650rs.
<

Sure thing.

Any particular optimum value??

see below:

7}Experimenting with Bandwidth & Connection

Your P2P client’s settings options will let you enter figures for ““

Global maximum number of connections gives the maximum number of connections that a BitTorrent client can make for any P2P exchange. Setting this too high does NOT mean higher speeds. Setting it too high would take up useless bandwidth and too low a figure would miss out on peers. For my 512kbps connection, I have a setting of 180.

Maximum number of connected peers per torrent gives the maximum number of peers that a BitTorrent client can connect to for any P2P exchange. Experiment by setting this number close to the available peers for a particular torrent. For my 512kbps connection, I have a default setting of 100.

Number of upload slots per torrent gives the maximum number of peers that a BitTorrent client will upload to for any P2P exchange. A low setting may affect downloads. For my 512kbps connection, I have a setting of 4

Source: http://www.homeforge...rrent-download/

"HOW TO GET PROPER SPEED OF YOUR BSNL BB PLAN"

if you are getting less speed than mentioned for the plan,

All you need to do is:-

FILE A COMPLAINT by dialing 1500 or 1504.

1.CONTACT SDO.ASK HIM TO CALL NIB AND TELL THEM YOUR MDF ISSUED PORT AND DO PROFILE REFRESH.OR ACTIVATE/LOAD NEW PROFILE TO YOUR PORT.

2.THEN SDO WILL GIVE YOU THE MOBILE NUMBER (if not then ask him
happy19.gif
to give )OF THE PERSON WHO LOOKS AFTER BROADBAND SETTINGS.CALL HIM AND PROVIDE HIM YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND COMPLAINT NUMBER . and tell your speed problem in detail.

and you are done.your problem will get resolved in 1-3 days.

if not.....then go to NIB with a WRITTEN complaint .

there is nothing the ppl at exchange can do about it.its NIB which controls speed profile settings.

I made the inquiries regarding the procedure to be followed for getting the speeds increased in accordance with your plan.

One has to get the account shifted to Multiplay rather than the dataone network of BSNL.

For that you submit the application for change in Network to your area's telephone exchange or the commercial office directly. They ll take 3 day's time to get the account shifted on to the multiplay network. Dataone network hasnt got the 1Mbps speed plans at all and hence many people are stuck on the old speeds.

But the issues like:

I get good speeds when I am downloading torrents, but when I am surfing websites in any browser, I get sudden disconnects.

Overall speed has increased but not normal web browsing speed.

have put me in a quandary regarding taking this step.

Btw, those who have witnessed speed increments.. How are the speeds during http downloads ??

Thanks , if i can check my usage in www.dataone.in by giving my username and password instead of portal id does it mean i am on dataone and not multiplay .

P.S: There are two ip ranges provided here in Goa , one is 59.xx.xx.xx and 117.xx.xx.xx , all 117 ips have been shifted to the new plan , whereas me having 59. still have not god the speed upgrade.

Thanks , if i can check my usage in www.dataone.in by giving my username and password instead of portal id does it mean i am on dataone and not multiplay .

P.S: There are two ip ranges provided here in Goa , one is 59.xx.xx.xx and 117.xx.xx.xx , all 117 ips have been shifted to the new plan , whereas me having 59. still have not god the speed upgrade.

59.xx.xx.xx - it's the old NIB-I and it's for dataone users.(In this your download speed would be less than 1 Mbps)

117.xx.xx.xx - It's the NIB-II and it's the multiplay network.(In this you can get 1 Mbps and above)

So, you're in Dataone network.You need to address at your local exchange so that they can shift your network to multiplay.

kk , this weekend will go and ask the bsnl authorities , how exactly do i need to xplain them coz if i say this to them surely they will say , go to higher office
<

I have not read through the whole thread so I don't know if my problem has been reported by some other member.

I get good speeds when I am downloading torrents, but when I am surfing websites in any browser, I get sudden disconnects. Overall speed has increased but not normal web browsing speed.

I am facing the same issue.

Me facing the same problem as above.

Any solution to this ??
You guys tried anything?

OR

Any improvements ??

Would like to see how many people are facing this issue and in what region is this issue being observed/prominent.

My speeds have doubled, and I'm not facing any of above issues.

But I'm also not without problems.

Facing frequent dissconnections.

So much so that I have posted this through my cell!

I reside in Bangalore.

Have been facing frequent disconnections,

Have complained at the exchange.

Need to wait and watch if there are any improvements.

#[member='smdeep'], #[member='Hacker']

Mention your location pls.

I request members who have got upgraded speeds.. ie those who are on multiplay n/w to pls state what all issues they have been facing. And what are the speeds they getting for http downloads.

Back