Video HDTV purchase from Bangkok

hi, from which shop? is the 19k excluding the VAT refund?

Indra Sound and Video in Indra Square. Yes this is excluding VAT refund.

But indigo Airlines charged him 1350 baht for carrying the tv. They charge it if the size of the tv is more than 39". So the net price came to about 19k only.

Just talked to the Samsung engineer who's coming to install and he said they charge about 1.2k for installation.

Indra Sound and Video in Indra Square. Yes this is excluding VAT refund.

But indigo Airlines charged him 1350 baht for carrying the tv. They charge it if the size of the tv is more than 39". So the net price came to about 19k only.

Just talked to the Samsung engineer who's coming to install and he said they charge about 1.2k for installation.

thanks. i think wall mount should be available locally for 0.5k or so plus fitting.

Bought 40 EH5000R for 14.5K from Indra Sound
The smart version was for 18.5K and Smart Slim for 19.5K

Could not find Bankok led shop so had to go with Indra Sound
Indigo charged 1300 for oversize (Unfair)
No issues at custom , was asked to go through red channel,
They asked the series , i said 5000 , saw the bill and let me go , hassle free customs.

Bought 40 EH5000R for 14.5K from Indra Sound
The smart version was for 18.5K and Smart Slim for 19.5K

Could not find Bankok led shop so had to go with Indra Sound
Indigo charged 1300 for oversize (Unfair)
No issues at custom , was asked to go through red channel,
They asked the series , i said 5000 , saw the bill and let me go , hassle free customs.

You bought a 40 inch led for 14.5k.:eek: congrats man.

bought a 40" 6220 from Singh for 23k baht on 19th. 5600 was for 18.9k. Cathay didn't charge me for oversize luggage but I paid 2.5k (bribe) at Mumbai customs since these guys won't spare you if you carry a 6 series model.

LG 47" 4600 was available under clearance at a store in MBK for 19.9k baht. pretty good deal for someone who can carry it.

This is in THB btw so so around 25K INR. Also Indra Sound has smart card for VAT refund which makes it very fast as there is a separate line for smart cards

Oh ok, my brother brought a 40 inch 6 series 3d led for 35k INR. He wasn't charged custom. I guess he got overlooked. Hehe

The comments and references in this forum were so useful I was able to make a better judgement when I bought the Samsung ES40 6220 for 24K Baht(got 7% Vat refund 1635Baht, so the price I paid 22,364 Baht )
hello VENKAT its Anshul from Punjab please share your experince with es40 6220 and do review it in terms of performance, pic quality, 3d etc and can we play a 3d movie via pendrive on this model??
as i'm planing to go to Thailand on 12 march 2013

hello VENKAT its Anshul from Punjab please share your experince with es40 6220 and do review it in terms of performance, pic quality, 3d etc and can we play a 3d movie via pendrive on this model??
as i'm planing to go to Thailand on 12 march 2013

Hi Anshul, I need a favor...If someone else comes with you to Thailand...and you planned to get only one TV can you get me a es40 6220. I will pay you the amount. Thanks in advance...

If any one returning from Thailand to Bangalore...can bring Samsung LED TV 40ES6220..? I will pay the amount...please do the favor.

I am not brand conscious and would like to get 2 32 inch LED tv's from Thailand. Can you recommend a brand and model number? I am looking to spend as less as possible. HD is not compulsory.

I got a Samsung LED TV from Bangkok the SMJ Electronics shop
However when we connect our tata sky to it the picture shows up as black and white
the samsung customer care is saying that it needs a PAL connector

Its a analog Tata Sky not the HD version

Also with other xbox etc the color works perfectly.
though i had to push the connector in hard. Initially even the xbox wasnt showing up colors
i reconnected it worked perfectly

tata sky though does not

Guys,

My sister is traveling to Bangkok through Thai airways, her itinerary is not the best, she does Bangkok first and then Pattaya, anyways ideally I would like her to buy a 55' tv, and she has agreed, but I have a few questions:

1) I have read that dealers deliver the TV directly to the airport, if yes, do you know of any such trust worthy dealers, and can the payment be made at the airport?
2) Is it ok to carry the 55' tv, will the airlines allow it? I have been looking for excess baggage rates, and the travel agent says its around Rs.800 per kilo! The agent also mentioned that the airline will not charge for TVs upto 40-42' but wasnt sure about 55'.
3) Recommendations for 55'? HX750, PTUT50 or 55, PTST50 or 55', Samsung 7, 8 series 55'. Honestly I am open any good deal on a GT 42' TV.

I am a bit worried about these 2 points, so if you guys can shed light on the 2 above points, would be greatly appreciated, and time is of the essence as my sis leaves tonight.

Thanks in advance.

1. I do not know of any one. Most people purchase and then carry it to the airport.
2. Airlines will allow any size. They will definitely charge you extra for the same. Also customs, unless you are the blessed one customs will definitely stop you. If they play by the rules 36.5% of the price of the TV else you can bargain.
3. Samsung 8 series if within budget but then again this is opinion based.

1. I do not know of any one. Most people purchase and then carry it to the airport.
2. Airlines will allow any size. They will definitely charge you extra for the same. Also customs, unless you are the blessed one customs will definitely stop you. If they play by the rules 36.5% of the price of the TV else you can bargain.
3. Samsung 8 series if within budget but then again this is opinion based.
Thanks for the response raj, the are a group of 5, and allowed limit is 25kg so as long as they are below 125kg in total, they should be good, right

Also any idea as to which is better between Es7100 es6030 es6220??

Hi Jasku,

Humble request if any one from the group of 5 doesn't carry a TV, can you request to get me one ES 6220...? I am in Bangalore and I will pay for it.

Thanks,
Padmanabhan P

Hi Jasku,

Humble request if any one from the group of 5 doesn't carry a TV, can you request to get me one ES 6220...? I am in Bangalore and I will pay for it.

Thanks,
Padmanabhan P

Hey Padmanabhan, sorry man thats not going to be possible, as it we are above the stipulated weight limit.

Back