Video HDTV purchase from Bangkok

Hi, thunderbird2012

First of all please accept my congratulations on buying wonderful TV and thank you very much for providing valuable information for reaching Bangkok L E D shop. May I now request you to give the following information which will be quite useful for me in buying the TV shortly in Bangkok.

1. Is the cost of TV i.e UA40ES6220 you have mentioned is including 7 % VAT.
I presume that price is including VAT 7%.
2. Does he provide you VAT refund document required for claiming VAT refund at airport.
3. How many 3D glasses offered you.
4. What is the cost of Samsung LED Model; UA40ES6220 at Bangkok LED and other adjoining area shops mentioned earlier.
5. How did you transport TV from shop to airport ? Does it fit in your Taxi?.
6. What was your experience in customs clearance? How much you have paid to customs?
7. How much airlines charged you since the size of tv is more than allowed size of 40”.
8. Bangkok led accepts Indian rupees? And At what conversion rate of currency ?

Thank You very much in advance

46 inch LED (Sony/Samsung)

The amount of Information this thread has is very impressive. I could not find on any website or forum. Brilliant job guys and thank you to all the members who have helped so many readers and people to buy TV from Bangkok. Great stuff!

Recently we got this Set Top Box since the cable TV is out in Bombay so I thought it's good time to buy a new TV so I can use the HD channels and also so on.

In my living room, I got a small 22 inch box type old Hitachi television. Now I want to upgrade massively to 46 inch. The living is big but we never had the need of buying a bigger TV. But since Set Top Box has come in thought it would be nice to buy a good TV and I myself is going to Thailand for New Years.

I will be having HALF day to shop for TV since on my last day of the trip I'll be in Pattaya on January 3, 2013. So I plan to leave early by 8.00am from Pattaya to Bangkok and get straight to either Indra or Panthp Plaza. I'm still unsure where I will be going since I want warranty issue to be clean and perfect. I don't want to run around places who don't get warranty stamped or getting warranty registered by the dealer since my flight on that day is @ 6.45pm, that means I have to leave Bangkok by 1-1.30pm MAX so I can utilize the time for VAT refund.

I've understood after reading each and every post in this thread how this whole thing works.

1) Go to Bangkok (Indra/Panthp/Power Buy/Best Buy)

2) Select the TV you like and get the warranty card stamped if Samsung/get the warranty registered if Sony

3) Ask for 2 Invoice = Original & True Copy. Xerox 2-3 copies of Invoice for safety purpose.

4) At the time of customs if TV is below 40 inch & Rs.35,000/- then you can proceed to Green Channel otherwise Proceed to Red Channel. The amount more than Rs.35,000/- would be charged as Duty 38.05% and possibility of under table around Rs.1500-2000

5) Get TV Home Safely. If does not work. Call Sony/Samsung and tell them you got Warranty card stamped/registered and provide Invoice Copy and they will help.

Please correct me If I'm going wrong somewhere

NOW, I called up Samsung/Sony and they both said they won't accept ONLY Warranty stamp or registration IF it's Asian Warranty or Thai Warranty. They said they will only work if it's International Warranty. So Now I have few questions here

1) Since I'm very tight with the time, which shop should I go where I can find latest Sony/Samsung 46 inch LED TV and provides me Warranty stamped/registered and Invoice with true copy. I am ready to pay little extra but I don't want to run around shops who will provide me Warranty.

2) I want to hit only one shop where I can not only find 46 inch LED Sony/Samsung TV but also International Warranty

3) How do I carry the TV from Bangkok to the Airport? Taxi? Do they charge extra for that? And does 46 inch TV fits inside the boot?

4) Last but not the least my Budget is Rs.50,000 to Rs.60,000. I don't really care about Internet TV or 3D but if I get it at this price I do not mind. I want LED TV for sharpness and clarity. (IF anybody can suggest me few models, you're most welcome)

That's all I got.

Thank you & really appreciate your help :)

Hi, thunderbird2012

First of all please accept my congratulations on buying wonderful TV and thank you very much for providing valuable information for reaching Bangkok L E D shop. May I now request you to give the following information which will be quite useful for me in buying the TV shortly in Bangkok.

2. Does he provide you VAT refund document required for claiming VAT refund at airport.
4. What is the cost of Samsung LED Model; UA40ES6220 at Bangkok LED and other adjoining area shops mentioned earlier.
6. What was your experience in customs clearance? How much you have paid to customs?
7. How much airlines charged you since the size of tv is more than allowed size of 40”.

Thank You very much in advance

Always ready to help fellow boarders.. coz of the previous posts I was able to buy a good TV and that to from the cheapest options available..

So here are the answers for you and others:

Yes, inclusive of VAT. I got approx 2k VAT from the airport. They deduct some 100 Bath for service and give back cash
Yes, they do provide all documents
4 in all
Bangkok LED: 31800
SJN: 32500
Indra Sound: 35000
Panthip Plaza, Best Buy IT city: 35000 (best offer)
I could fit into a bigger corolla. Corolla is a normal taxi.. u can get innova type taxis at a slightly higher cost
Customs was the most horrid part. They were asking on the price in India. Asked 15k approx.. I coule manage to pay 5.5k including 1k under table and the rest reciept
Thai Airways didnt charge for over size. My weith was withing the limits for Thai. 25 kgs per person
Am not sure, but I guess yes. Not sure about exchange rate. I paid by credit card.. they charged 2%

Hope this helps.. have a nice time..

Cheers!

The amount of Information this thread has is very impressive. I could not find on any website or forum. Brilliant job guys and thank you to all the members who have helped so many readers and people to buy TV from Bangkok. Great stuff!

Recently we got this Set Top Box since the cable TV is out in Bombay so I thought it's good time to buy a new TV so I can use the HD channels and also so on.

In my living room, I got a small 22 inch box type old Hitachi television. Now I want to upgrade massively to 46 inch. The living is big but we never had the need of buying a bigger TV. But since Set Top Box has come in thought it would be nice to buy a good TV and I myself is going to Thailand for New Years.

I will be having HALF day to shop for TV since on my last day of the trip I'll be in Pattaya on January 3, 2013. So I plan to leave early by 8.00am from Pattaya to Bangkok and get straight to either Indra or Panthp Plaza. I'm still unsure where I will be going since I want warranty issue to be clean and perfect. I don't want to run around places who don't get warranty stamped or getting warranty registered by the dealer since my flight on that day is @ 6.45pm, that means I have to leave Bangkok by 1-1.30pm MAX so I can utilize the time for VAT refund.

I've understood after reading each and every post in this thread how this whole thing works.

1) Go to Bangkok (Indra/Panthp/Power Buy/Best Buy)

2) Select the TV you like and get the warranty card stamped if Samsung/get the warranty registered if Sony

3) Ask for 2 Invoice = Original & True Copy. Xerox 2-3 copies of Invoice for safety purpose.

4) At the time of customs if TV is below 40 inch & Rs.35,000/- then you can proceed to Green Channel otherwise Proceed to Red Channel. The amount more than Rs.35,000/- would be charged as Duty 38.05% and possibility of under table around Rs.1500-2000

5) Get TV Home Safely. If does not work. Call Sony/Samsung and tell them you got Warranty card stamped/registered and provide Invoice Copy and they will help.

Please correct me If I'm going wrong somewhere

NOW, I called up Samsung/Sony and they both said they won't accept ONLY Warranty stamp or registration IF it's Asian Warranty or Thai Warranty. They said they will only work if it's International Warranty. So Now I have few questions here

1) Since I'm very tight with the time, which shop should I go where I can find latest Sony/Samsung 46 inch LED TV and provides me Warranty stamped/registered and Invoice with true copy. I am ready to pay little extra but I don't want to run around shops who will provide me Warranty.

2) I want to hit only one shop where I can not only find 46 inch LED Sony/Samsung TV but also International Warranty

3) How do I carry the TV from Bangkok to the Airport? Taxi? Do they charge extra for that? And does 46 inch TV fits inside the boot?

4) Last but not the least my Budget is Rs.50,000 to Rs.60,000. I don't really care about Internet TV or 3D but if I get it at this price I do not mind. I want LED TV for sharpness and clarity. (IF anybody can suggest me few models, you're most welcome)

That's all I got.

Thank you & really appreciate your help :)

I can help you with all your doubts.. here you go:

There is no shop that will give you a warranty stamped or grantee a warranty in India. Even if they do they are lying. I tried my best, but in vain. For my samsung tv, I called the customer care and they took all details and registered the product for warranty. Am sure they will not provide full warranty though.

No such shop that I know of..

Yes, back seat in a corolla or an SUV would do. No extra charges I had to pay

Sony and Samsung both have good products in that range

Note: Be careful with customs though. I had a very tough time clearing customs in Bangalore. And I have heard of the same these days in Mumbai as well. Am not sure what the rule is exactly. Is the customs calculated on the indian value of the product minus 35k or the value at which we buy minus 35k. I was told by the customs senior officers at the airport that its the first one. May be some expert can clarify

Hi Thunderbird2012,

Please inform us about the following,

1. What is the cost of samsung led Model UA40ES6220 in Bangkok Led shop when You have visited that shop.
2. Does he wrap the led with Bubble packing before inserting in the box.
3. If not available readily in the shop How much time tentatively they need to get the particular for us.
4. Could you please provide Bangkok LED Email id and phone number as I wanted to inform them in two days advance to ensure
availability of particular Samsung LED size and models.
5. How to ensure, that they are not supplying used / refurbished (earlier returned TV by some body) etc.
6. U said that you have taken all details from Samsung and done the registration through customer service . From whom and what details
are details are required to be collected and in which country (India or thailand) customer care center we have to contact.
A ) Please give the details.
b) Can I say frankly ( to customer care center) that I bought the TV in
Thailand and now wants to avail warranty in India and still they accept.
thanks in advance.

Thanks thunderbird2012 for the clear instructions to reach SJM/Banbkok LED. I bought a 40 inch Samsung SmartTV(UA40ES5600RXXT) from SJM on 11th Nov @ 18800.
I had a total of 8 hrs transit in Bangkok airport and had to get the visa, find the shop, buy the TV, get back to the airport, get the the VAT stamping, check-in the TV and then collect the VAT refund.
Step1: Visa on arrival : Had to convert USD to get 1000 bahts for the visa. A simple form to be filled and a passport size photo to be attached. There is a small instant photo shop as well if you need(I had a photo..saved me 5 mins maybe :)..)
Step2: Go to the Airport rail platform in the basement. I took the express train @ 90 bahts (took ~15mins to the last stop - Phaya Thai )
Step3: Finding the shops and buying the TV:
- Pantip Plaza is at walking distance from Phaya Thai (12 to 15 mins). I tried to hire a taxi but the lad there told me to just walk behind the metro station. It was a small adventurous walk across a railway track and besides some small houses/huts and then into one of the small cross roads and by luck my colleague noticed a "mall" kinda building which turned out to be Pantip Plaza.You are adviced to lookup Google maps :)
- I then used Thunderbolt's precise instructions to reach SJM/Bangkok LED. The lady at Bangkok LED was quite "cold" and just said 19000 was the last price. I found the sardarji(Dayal Singh) at SJM a bit more customer friendly(I am anyway a bad bargainer !!).
Step4: Getting back to airport by beating the Bangkok traffic !
-Bought the TV @ SJM and got it loaded into a Tuktuk which took me to the nearest metro station(I think the station was Ratchaprarop..it's actually 5 mins walking distance from SJM).
-Carried the TV with the help of my colleague into the metro(City line) and it tool ~ 25 mins to the Suvarnabhoomi airport (@ 40 bahts).
Step5: VAT seal
- Once into the airport, just took the elevator to the 4th floor(departures) and landed up next to the VAT endorsement office. The lady there did not even bother to see if had the TV or not and just put the seal and signature.
Step6: Checkin
-Had a small surprise at the checkin counter. My ticket did not have the airport tax included(as I was supposed to just transit and not venture out into the city). Had to pay 700 bahts as the airport tax. But the Thai airways lady was quite nice and checked in both my TV(15Kgs) and my small carry-on bag(~12 KGs) .

Step7: VAT collection - After immigration clearance, had to move towards the boarding gates and on the way (Gate D), there was the VAT refund office where I got back the VAT-100 bahts for processing.

I had done all these steps in under 6 hours !! I was amazed myself and would not have done it but for a friend of mine who has been insisting on doing a Bangkok "holiday" to buy TV and so I had to make him a little jealous !!

So the main point to take note if you are short of time is to use the metro to reach Bangkok central, buy the TV quickly and get back to airport by metro.

I had read in this blog that we are entitled for one 40 inch TV less than 35K. But the customs guy at Bangalore did not agree to the invoice value and showed me a list with MRP in India (which was ridiculous high). Had to pay "duty" of INR 1500/-

Now i have to get the TV wall mounted. Called up a local Samsung guy who quoted 1K... All in all, it was an adventurous experience which took care of the otherwise 8 hrs boring wait at the airport and helped to get a decent TV for all in all max 40 K (including visa, "duty", wall mount...) which would have cost ~59K in Bangalore..

I just bought a Samsung UA46ES6220 from Bangkok LED shop @ 31800 Bath 3 days back. That was the cheapest offer I got among all the 3 shops mentioned above and others as well. Well there is not much of a difference though among these 3 shops in terms of the rate, but Bangkok LED was able to deliver the model immediately. SJM and the other one didnt have the model readily available.

I will guide you and others on how to reach Bangkok LED and SJM Electronics, coz its very difficult to find these shops. So here you go:

Reach Panthip Plaza. Right opposite the main entrance of Panthip Plaza, on the opposite side of the road you will find a lane going inside. Go into that lane and take a right at the dead end. Then take a second left into a small lane with many food stalls. As you walk for 100 odd meters you will find Bangkok LED on your left and SJM on your right.

Hope this helps all fellow travelers.

Cheers!
Hi Thunderbird,

I am interested to know your opinion on the Samsung ES6220 in terms of SD and HD picture quality, black level, motion blurring, sound etc. Does watching active 3D for long gives you headache?

I will also be going to Thailand and intersted in purchasing 40ES6220.

Will also be interested in buying blueray player in Thailand. Anybody has idea if the blueray code for Thailand & india are same or different? Can the blueray player purchased in Thailand play the original blueray disc bought in India?

Hi Thunderbird2012,

Please inform us about the following,

1. What is the cost of samsung led Model UA40ES6220 in Bangkok Led shop when You have visited that shop.
3. If not available readily in the shop How much time tentatively they need to get the particular for us.
4. Could you please provide Bangkok LED Email id and phone number as I wanted to inform them in two days advance to ensure
5. How to ensure, that they are not supplying used / refurbished (earlier returned TV by some body) etc.
6. U said that you have taken all details from Samsung and done the registration through customer service . From whom and what details
are details are required to be collected and in which country (India or thailand) customer care center we have to contact.
thanks in advance.

Here you go:

Not sure coz I was interested only in 40 inch
No he does not, dont expect any customer service. They sell around 100 TVs a day, so it doesent matter. You can buy bubble wrap and pack it on your own if you wish.
Couple of days max if its available.. I suggest though go with the models they have, dont depend on them getting ur preferred model.
They dont give any details on email or phone
Cant comment..
Yes, you can. Details are mentioned on the TV box

Thanks thunderbird2012 for the clear instructions to reach SJM/Banbkok LED. I bought a 40 inch Samsung SmartTV(UA40ES5600RXXT) from SJM on 11th Nov @ 18800.
I had a total of 8 hrs transit in Bangkok airport and had to get the visa, find the shop, buy the TV, get back to the airport, get the the VAT stamping, check-in the TV and then collect the VAT refund.
Step1: Visa on arrival : Had to convert USD to get 1000 bahts for the visa. A simple form to be filled and a passport size photo to be attached. There is a small instant photo shop as well if you need(I had a photo..saved me 5 mins maybe :)..)
Step2: Go to the Airport rail platform in the basement. I took the express train @ 90 bahts (took ~15mins to the last stop - Phaya Thai )
Step3: Finding the shops and buying the TV:
- Pantip Plaza is at walking distance from Phaya Thai (12 to 15 mins). I tried to hire a taxi but the lad there told me to just walk behind the metro station. It was a small adventurous walk across a railway track and besides some small houses/huts and then into one of the small cross roads and by luck my colleague noticed a "mall" kinda building which turned out to be Pantip Plaza.You are adviced to lookup Google maps :)
- I then used Thunderbolt's precise instructions to reach SJM/Bangkok LED. The lady at Bangkok LED was quite "cold" and just said 19000 was the last price. I found the sardarji(Dayal Singh) at SJM a bit more customer friendly(I am anyway a bad bargainer !!).
Step4: Getting back to airport by beating the Bangkok traffic !
-Bought the TV @ SJM and got it loaded into a Tuktuk which took me to the nearest metro station(I think the station was Ratchaprarop..it's actually 5 mins walking distance from SJM).
-Carried the TV with the help of my colleague into the metro(City line) and it tool ~ 25 mins to the Suvarnabhoomi airport (@ 40 bahts).
Step5: VAT seal
- Once into the airport, just took the elevator to the 4th floor(departures) and landed up next to the VAT endorsement office. The lady there did not even bother to see if had the TV or not and just put the seal and signature.
Step6: Checkin
-Had a small surprise at the checkin counter. My ticket did not have the airport tax included(as I was supposed to just transit and not venture out into the city). Had to pay 700 bahts as the airport tax. But the Thai airways lady was quite nice and checked in both my TV(15Kgs) and my small carry-on bag(~12 KGs) .

Step7: VAT collection - After immigration clearance, had to move towards the boarding gates and on the way (Gate D), there was the VAT refund office where I got back the VAT-100 bahts for processing.

I had done all these steps in under 6 hours !! I was amazed myself and would not have done it but for a friend of mine who has been insisting on doing a Bangkok "holiday" to buy TV and so I had to make him a little jealous !!

So the main point to take note if you are short of time is to use the metro to reach Bangkok central, buy the TV quickly and get back to airport by metro.

I had read in this blog that we are entitled for one 40 inch TV less than 35K. But the customs guy at Bangalore did not agree to the invoice value and showed me a list with MRP in India (which was ridiculous high). Had to pay "duty" of INR 1500/-

Now i have to get the TV wall mounted. Called up a local Samsung guy who quoted 1K... All in all, it was an adventurous experience which took care of the otherwise 8 hrs boring wait at the airport and helped to get a decent TV for all in all max 40 K (including visa, "duty", wall mount...) which would have cost ~59K in Bangalore..

That is some achievement buddy! Congrats.. am glad you made a good deal..

Btw.. I faced the same issue at Bangalore Airport.. but mine was 46 inch.. I also saw that if you persist that 40 inch is allowed, they do let you go..

Anyways.. Have fun :)

Hi Thunderbird,

I am interested to know your opinion on the Samsung ES6220 in terms of SD and HD picture quality, black level, motion blurring, sound etc. Does watching active 3D for long gives you headache?

I will also be going to Thailand and intersted in purchasing 40ES6220.

Everything is good.. you can visit local TV showroom in India and see ES6200 Its almost the same model

Has anyone who got the Samsung LED TV from thailand able to register at Samsung India Site? My complete model number (last 4 alphabates) is not reflecting there..

Also can we call the Samsung guys for installation?

Everything is good.. you can visit local TV showroom in India and see ES6200 Its almost the same model

Hello All,

---
I'm visiting Thailand on 28th Dec, My plan is to stay in Bangkok(2 nights) and Pattaya(2 nights). I will be going to Airport from Pattaya.

So, is there some one who bought LED TV from Pattaya, Where ? or Some one know a best place to Buy in Pattaya?

Other wise I have to travel back to Bangkok from Pattaya and visit the stores mentioned in this thread and go to Airport.(I may consider this travel expeditures and check the cost in Pattaya, If that cost me more they I may prefer to buy in Pattaya)
---

And I booked my return ticket with Malaysian Airlines, But this is a connecting flight. I have to change flight in KUL(Malaysia).

So how my TV is transfered, I Hope this is internal transfer and I dont need worry about any other charges.

Does any one brought your TV in a connecting flight to India from Bangkok ? Please share your experience if any?

---

Thanks,
Kartheek

hi,
i am planning to visit Bangkok next week (Dec 13th). could you please share the latest price information.
i would like purchase one from the below shortlisted models
Sony KDL-46HX750 or KDL-40HX750
Samsung 46" (3d model)

thanks in advance
Sansojo

hi,
i am planning to visit Bangkok next week (Dec 13th). could you please share the latest price information.
i would like purchase one from the below shortlisted models
Sony KDL-46HX750 or KDL-40HX750
Samsung 46" (3d model)

thanks in advance
Sansojo

hi guys,

Any updates regarding the latest price info??

Sansojo

I will be visiting Bangkok in the first week of Jan 2013. I am thinking of buying a normal (not 3D) LED TV - 40 inches. I will be staying near Sukhumvit. From this thread it seems Bangkok LED shop is the best place to go.

Please advise any good models to get from there. Thanks.

hi guys,

Any updates regarding the latest price info??

Sansojo

hi guys, i bought Samsung 46ES6220 from Bangkok LED @ 31800 Baht +Samsung 3D Blu-ray Discâ„¢ Player (BD-D5500) @2800 baht on Dec 13th
i could not negotiate the price because in many shops 46" models were not available.
40ES6220 was available @ 22800
sony 46HX750 and samssung 46ES6800 43000

from My experience :-
1). in Pantip Plaza there is only one shop which sells LED tv in low price range - Best buy. So better to go the street where Bangkok LED etc located. i "heard" Mega gives good deal. in Pantip plaza there are many shops for camera, Laptop + other electronics goods

2). visit the shops in the morning (hope stocks might be available)
3). using credit card attracts around 2% extra

Back