Video HDTV purchase from Bangkok

I am happy with it. Using it in the BEDROOM with Tata Sky HD. Very good if bought at right price (35k from gaffar market). But not worth buying at 50k with bill.

My cost was 30k including everything except wall mount.

what are the other options which you considered at the time of buying? And i guess the LCD base stand is included in the box itself, so no need to spend extra if we dont want wall mount and we can install the LCD on base stand without any help of samsung technician i guess??

what are the other options which you considered at the time of buying? And i guess the LCD base stand is included in the box itself, so no need to spend extra if we dont want wall mount and we can install the LCD on base stand without any help of samsung technician i guess??

I had no plans to buy a TV when I was in Bangkok. My friend bought it the day we reached there. On the last day, we did complete calculation and had surplus THBs. So, I bought it just for the sake of it. I had shortlisted EH5000 for my friend because he wanted a simple Samsung LED TV of 40". He did not want "Smart" features.

For me also, it was like "Ok, lets buy one more of it.". So no comparison done, this was the cheapest 40" Samsung LED TV available there. But I was surprised to see it supports NTFS and plays every format thrown at it.

It has just 2 HDMI ports. And they are at the back unlike some of Samsung's other models which have all the ports on side and a convenient wall mount so that you can slightly pull the TV from bottom and connect whatever you like. For this, you will have to take the TV off the wall.

Base stand is included. Yes, you can very easily install it on the base just like a 20" LCD computer monitor. I, in fact, mounted it on the wall myself because, on my wall there was already a 32" LCD TV installed and it had same 200mm x 200mm wall mount.

I bought a Wall mount for Rs.400/- later so that my older 32" LCD TV can be mounted on the wall (yet to call an electrician to do it).

the reason i love forums is because of info packed threads like this one...

so next trip to BKK soon... anyway.. since i was here in singapore now.. you think its worth buying a TV here??

What was price of 5000 and 5500 model 4o inch in indian currency

Please tell me the price of 5000 and 5500 model 4o inch in indian currency

I had no plans to buy a TV when I was in Bangkok. My friend bought it the day we reached there. On the last day, we did complete calculation and had surplus THBs. So, I bought it just for the sake of it. I had shortlisted EH5000 for my friend because he wanted a simple Samsung LED TV of 40". He did not want "Smart" features.

For me also, it was like "Ok, lets buy one more of it.". So no comparison done, this was the cheapest 40" Samsung LED TV available there. But I was surprised to see it supports NTFS and plays every format thrown at it.

It has just 2 HDMI ports. And they are at the back unlike some of Samsung's other models which have all the ports on side and a convenient wall mount so that you can slightly pull the TV from bottom and connect whatever you like. For this, you will have to take the TV off the wall.

Base stand is included. Yes, you can very easily install it on the base just like a 20" LCD computer monitor. I, in fact, mounted it on the wall myself because, on my wall there was already a 32" LCD TV installed and it had same 200mm x 200mm wall mount.

I bought a Wall mount for Rs.400/- later so that my older 32" LCD TV can be mounted on the wall (yet to call an electrician to do it).

- - - Updated - - -

Hi prime. Plz tell from where you bought it in gaffar market and what exact price . Plz also share some tips for it!

Tell me the price in Indian Currency

I bought it from Bangkok.

Hi Prime. Plz tell me the price of Samsung 40 " models 5000 and 5500 in indian currency. Actually I want M:5500:40" in a budget of 30000. Would it be possible? If not which model would suit me best for 40" or by how much I have to increase my budget. Thanks

Need help / advice

Friends,

One of my colleague is in Bangkok and he went to Pentip to buy 32 inch 3D LED ( Samsung ) for me. Unfortunately every show owner mentioned on this forum refused to sign and stamp the Warranty card.

So my question is : How critical is it to get the Warranry Card signed and stamped?

Is there any shop / seller who will sign it? I wanna buy Samsung or SONY LED TV.

My friend will fly back to Chennai tomorrow morning so I need this today.

Can you guys please advice?

Regards,
Masud

The comments and references in this forum were so useful I was able to make a better judgement when I bought the Samsung ES40 6220 for 24K Baht(got 7% Vat refund 1635Baht, so the price I paid 22,364 Baht ) with 2 more additional 3d glasses (so total 4, 3d glasses). from S.J.M Electronics near 'Indra Square'.. It's run buy a person from PUNJAB. This shop is located exactly opposite to 'Bangkok LED Shop', which was selling this Samsung ES40 6220 for 21.5k(Baht), it was closed yesterday. So got into this shop to buy LED( there's also one more shop adjacent to 'Bangkok LED' but he didn't have this model yesterday). Morning I landed at PANTHP PLAZA(where shops open only at 10AM) and they allow customers only at 10AM. Checked the rates with Sony Showroom inside, he's giving reasonable rade. There is ' Best Buy' iat the ground level which offered Samsung ES40 6220 at 24k( as mentioned by one of the members in this thread, there was Nepali who's working and did the initial talk), I didn't bargain as I had to check 'Indra Square' Shops. As I entered Indra Square I checked 'INDRA SOUND' he said he can give Samsung ES406220 for 25,590 Baht( I think their tag price was '29k something')

I was looking for 'Bangkok LED' (which's also mentioned in this thread), a co-passenger whom I met at Bangkok airport mentioned that right now "bangkok led" is giving 23K, on cash payment he can reduce further, best part is he can deliver it at the airport for you.(About this Co-passenger = he's from Tamilnadu, I looked familiar to him and he's seen me many times at Coimbatore airport( I am a Journalist in Tamilnadu). I was planning to buy a ES32, 6 series as that was falling into my budget, when this 'friend of mine' suggested about ES40 for 23K, I decided to go for it. Even yesterday I called him from Bangkok to his India number as I couldn't locate this Area, he even called me back, by the time he returned my call I found that place.

The person in S.J.M Electronics had told me that they started this shop 3months back(it' at the entrance of 'Citin Loft' hotel), he's a very friendly and matured young fellow for his age(22year old), but didn't reduce the price from 24k (finally when he said he can reduce 100 Baht I thanked him and asked him not to reduce that money because I am buying for own use and I can't understand how much '100 Baht' discount make big difference to my budget, but for resellers this 100 Baht matters). I decided to buy from him than 'best buy' because, whatever said he's 'apnae Gaun kae hain ;)). They will deliver the sets at the Airport if you are buying more than '10sets', otherwise they can't. I had asked him to give the bill for the amount I pay for as I was clear that I will pay the customs duty charge if 'they find' it necessary. ( I was on a vacation with my family). Though I got it for 24k, he made the bill for 25k, I didn't have time to change this and I knew I will be paying 'a bit' more to our Indian Customs because of this. I asked for extra bill he didn't give, this part is important, get a extra bill or get the xerox copy of the invoice and Vat bill.. The shop informed me that I should enter through gate number 4' at Bangkok airport and before 'checking in' I should show this to their VAT refund office and get it sealed. Please remember, get your VAT refund sealed before you 'check in', otherwise you will not be able to claim the 7% VAT, which's near the 'D'Gate of Bangkok airport. If you don't keep a copy of the bill(even xerox will do) we may find it difficult to convince our Indian Customs officers about the price.

Last night as I reached Chennai airport, they are stopping people with 40 inch above 5 series in Samsung. I came to understand that most of customs guys appeared they are a 'little' clueless about Customs regulations. We can bring 35k worth of good without any duty, above that if we bring we have to pay 36% of the difference(for example if you are bringing in a product which's worth 40k in Indian money, in that 35k is exempted, for the remaining 5k you have to pay 36percent of this 5k ie., around Rs.1800/-) I paid Rs.2,884 at the customs( In my bill it's 25,000 baht with 7 percent Vat, when the Vat is reduced, 25,000 - 1635.51 baht, the total value becomes 23364.49 Baht. Our Customes calculated it to around Rs.2800 Indian rupees). I paid that money in the SBI (I somehow drawn and kept around 5k in Indian money when I left India, that helped), even you can pay foreign currency (I don't know about credit card)

In Bangkok, while Checking in I had met a few 'rich kids', who had bought a 40 inch Samsung for 36k or something, along with that he got a samsung home theatre for free ('Indra Sound', in Indra Square). He never read any forum or researched about the set I guess(may be that's why I thought they are rich) and he was happy that got it for that amount. While I was standing on the line near 'D'gate in Bangkok for VAT refund(after 'immigration), I met a guy who said he and his friends didnt' get VAT refund as they didn't get it sealed before Check in ( here comes the importance of 'INDIANness', in the shop I bought they insisted that you get it sealed and enter only through Gate No.4 ) . Later I came to know that the 'rich kid' also belong to that group, he told me he had lost more than '10 thousand rupees' as he couldn't claim VAT refund because he didn't got it 'sealed' at the 'GATE no.4'.(At gate number 4 of Bangkok airport, they will verify and want to see what you had bought before getting it sealed). I think most of you who are reading this thread by now would have done more research, please remember, as you stock more info, talk to people, forums, use google for location and planing. you will end up with better products at better price. Good Luck. ( I took time to write this because I was benefitted by reading this thread)

Few things to note:

1) This S.J.M. Electronics, The Bangkok LED or the other shop in the same lane is not a big showrooms, they are small shops (may be 40x40 in size on the ground floor, similar to shops we find in Pondy Bazar in Chennai or Chandni Chowk in Delhi).
2) In Thailand it's very difficult for those people to understand our 'Indian English', so when you ask for shop most of them will not understand. Also check about shops working hours.
3) I went looking for this building named 'Siam Khan' adjacent to Indra Square where this Bangkok LED shop was located, but 99% of people don't even understood what I said( I tried all kind of variations, inbetween keep mentioning 'BANGKOK LED').
4) Because I am from India, that SJM asked their shop assistant ' wahan sae ghadi pakadkae dhena saab jaldi jha sakaen', that's around 50 meters away from the shop. I said no to a 200 Baht ''tuk tuk'' which the Nepali attendant suggested, he's amazed by a 'south Indian' looking guy's ''Dilli ishtyle'' bargaining power, and got A/C cab fro 100 Baht.( When I asked his name before tipping him, with a smile he said 'Bijendar' ;))
5)The place was suggested by a person from Tamilnadu, location was guided by a shop attendent who's from Nepal, the LED was sold to me buy a person from 'Punjab', and the 'Thai' Cab driver drove me back in his 'Pink Colour' Toyota Camry for 100 Baht. It was a nice feeling.
6) This SJM Electronics , 88/19 Ratchaprarop Road, ThanonPHAYATHAI, RATCHATHEWI DISTRICT, Bangkok 10400. (If you go there just inform them that 'A journalist' from Chennai mentioned about them in the forum. I had told them though I reached that place looking for 'BANGKOK LED'' I will write about my experience in this forum and readers will decide how should they go about. Hope I covered everything, I may not be able to give any update because I got what I want, may be next week I will unpack my Samsung ES40 6220 ;). In our indian websites they are selling this LCD for Rs.59,900 .

I don't think it's grey market. Just returned from bangkok and got samsung smart 32" led series 4500 for 19500. Price showroom india is 38500. Registered for online warranty 1 yr. It shows warranty on site. Rest will know if something goes wrong.

Sent from Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk

Customs Duty at Kolkata airport

Hi Surajit,
Do u have any idea about charging of customs duty for a family of 2 or 3 ? Suppose I go with my family at Bangkok & buy only one big TV for personal use(say at 55000INR), will they combine the limit to 70,000/- INR or charge considering only Rs35000/- free limit ?

About 6 month back I visited Bangkok & Indra square but did not buy anything due to lack of knowledge abt duty structure in India.

Do u have any idea about price of Toshiba 55" smart TV(55L6200U) in Thai BHT ?

Regards,
JG Paul

You can bring one TV per passport. Warranty varies in Make & Model.The maximum revised free allowance is 35K from 1st Apr'12.The calculation is already shared by Guptaji..

Also please ask for two invoices(Original & True copy) to claim the VAT refund of 7% at airport,but reach airport with ample time as as it takes a lot of time for the procedure and refund.

For the Samsung / LG Led TVs, I recommend 3 shops:

1. Sangchai Electronics (at Amornpan Market, Kaset Intersection)

2. Saha Witthayu Hi-fi Vision (at the alley beside Big C Ratchadamri, opposite CentralWorld)

3. Union Stereo (at the alley beside Big C Ratchadamri as well)

no they wont combine... on single TV applicable allowance is 35k.

Hi Surajit,
Do u have any idea about charging of customs duty for a family of 2 or 3 ? Suppose I go with my family at Bangkok & buy only one big TV for personal use(say at 55000INR), will they combine the limit to 70,000/- INR or charge considering only Rs35000/- free limit ?

About 6 month back I visited Bangkok & Indra square but did not buy anything due to lack of knowledge abt duty structure in India.

Do u have any idea about price of Toshiba 55" smart TV(55L6200U) in Thai BHT ?

Regards,
JG Paul

Excellent thread. A friend of mine is going to Bangkok next month. Planning to buy a LED from there. Is there any site of these Bangkok stores, the ones listed in this thread, to check their prices online?

Hi Ashu,

Many thanks for sharing your knowledge which would be helpful for me during my subsequent visit in Bangkok. Any idea whether the shops give discounts if I make cash payment in Baht.

no they wont combine... on single TV applicable allowance is 35k.

Hi Ashu,

Many thanks for sharing your knowledge which would be helpful for me during my subsequent visit in Bangkok. Any idea whether the shops give discounts if I make cash payment in Baht.

Dont have actual idea.. (making payment in cash is better i guess... you can carry USD or INR and convert then into Baht as you need) I bought 4 TV's from bangkok.. when i visited with my family in august...
I was staying at Pahurat Road and bought from the dealers in Pahurat Road.
But, I suggest you go through entire thread as people able to got cheaper in Pratunam Market and Indra square.
I hope it helps...

someone may please guide us to reach S J M Electronics, Bangkok LED Shop, Nanak(Not sure of this name) tv shops as I am to bangkok shortly.
also please give the latest rates of following model LED Tvs
1 Samsung US46ES6220
2.Samsung US40ES6220
3 Samsung US46ES6200
4. Samsung US46EH5000

Among the above three tv shops mentioned above which is cheaper shop with VAT refund facility.
Please suggest if above models are out of stock by the time I reach bangkok, you may suggest good 3d LED TV under Rs. 50.0 K

someone may please guide us to reach S J M Electronics, Bangkok LED Shop, Nanak(Not sure of this name) tv shops as I am to bangkok shortly.
also please give the latest rates of following model LED Tvs
1 Samsung US46ES6220
2.Samsung US40ES6220
3 Samsung US46ES6200
4. Samsung US46EH5000

Among the above three tv shops mentioned above which is cheaper shop with VAT refund facility.
Please suggest if above models are out of stock by the time I reach bangkok, you may suggest good 3d LED TV under Rs. 50.0 K

I just bought a Samsung UA46ES6220 from Bangkok LED shop @ 31800 Bath 3 days back. That was the cheapest offer I got among all the 3 shops mentioned above and others as well. Well there is not much of a difference though among these 3 shops in terms of the rate, but Bangkok LED was able to deliver the model immediately. SJM and the other one didnt have the model readily available.

I will guide you and others on how to reach Bangkok LED and SJM Electronics, coz its very difficult to find these shops. So here you go:

Reach Panthip Plaza. Right opposite the main entrance of Panthip Plaza, on the opposite side of the road you will find a lane going inside. Go into that lane and take a right at the dead end. Then take a second left into a small lane with many food stalls. As you walk for 100 odd meters you will find Bangkok LED on your left and SJM on your right.

Hope this helps all fellow travelers.

Cheers!

Back