The Power Supply Unit recommendation thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill be buying the PSU from nehru place,cant purchase anything online this month :(

Thanks for the help guys :)

The seasonic one will be hard to find, so i might just settle with the corsair one.

If you use the ICICI 20% off coupon you can get the s12ii 520 for 3,780 from overclockerszone on ebay.in.

Thanks Grease Monk... the ebay store that you have mentioned is actually Tirupati's ebay store just thought of mentioning it coz i thought that OP might consider it as a random store selling SS PSUs as Tirupati has created an ebay store using rather unusual name...

Meg@M!nd said:
I guess CX400 is better than this silverstone Unit

Are you bonkers!!! The Silverstone Striders [80+ certification] are some of the best options in the market, definitely above Corsair CX series SMPS. SilverStone Strider ST50F 500 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets / [Phoronix] SilverStone Strider Essential 500W Review.

Tom's Hardware swears by it -- Test Settings : Six A75-Based Motherboards For AMD.

After determining that our 80 PLUS Gold-rated 760 W Seasonic power supply was 84% efficient at a mere 2.5% load, this editor decided to use it in every possible review.

Hope I did not sound rude. Cheers! Sire(s).

Silverstone ST50F ES is definitely better than CX400.

@ragzdiablo : My suggestions priority wise :

1. Corsair VX550

2. Seasonic S12II 520

3. GS 600

4. VX450

ALPHA17 said:
Are you bonkers!!!

Niceeee...

ALPHA17 said:
The Silverstone Striders [80+ certification] are some of the best options in the market, definitely above Corsair CX series SMPS. SilverStone Strider ST50F 500 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets / [Phoronix] SilverStone Strider Essential 500W Review.

I was wrong... Except for overload protection circuit, ST50F is good..

But i find it as an important factor in a good PSU...

If someone is looking for a 500W unit, ST50F is an ideal choice..

chiragsthakur said:
Silverstone ST50F ES is definitely better than CX400.

@ragzdiablo : My suggestions priority wise :

1. Corsair VX550

2. Seasonic S12II 520

3. GS 600

4. VX450

The VX550 under 5k is the best option i guess, but very difficult to find these days..

Every shop in nehru place is full coolermaster extreme series and they claim its the best PSU..even SMC does this..

Get a Corsair VX550 V2 shipped by THEITWARES or PRIMEABGB if they have one... This is one of the best PSU if you are ready to spend more...

chiragsthakur said:
Get a Corsair VX550 V2 shipped by THEITWARES or PRIMEABGB if they have one... This is one of the best PSU if you are ready to spend more...

AFAIK, Corsair havnt released any V2 version of VX series... Thats y asked...

i say going for TX650V2 ~ 5.2k is a good deal

or gs600 in 3.8 - 4.0 is also good for more power are again one can go for the increase in budget till 6k and get that best for the future proof rig :D

NOTE : CONDITION APPLIED ;)

The link u have posted is of TX550M psu,this is new series i guess.
chiragsthakur said:
Nopes... I am speaking of VX550 ..

or wait for this one to be available in India

Enthusiast Series

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Yeah there is no v2 in vx seiries,the series is so solid that they never had to produce v2 of it.:),they have released vx 550wwhich supports latest atx12v 2.2version.
Meg@M!nd said:
AFAIK, Corsair havnt released any V2 version of VX series... Thats y asked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back