The Power Supply Unit recommendation thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its easy to buy stuff online.
Its the second time i bought something online and i didnt have any issue.
And can you post why you cant buy online.

Sorry for the misunderstanding its not like i cant buy stuff online, i bought two memory cards and a ext hdd last month only from letsbuy

I can only buy from sites with an option of COD so please suggest one of those if there is any??

i am going to upgrade my PC to:

Phenom II X4 955

4GB Gskill 1333MHz RAM

GTX550Ti or HD6770 GPU

3HDDs

plz suggest cheapest possible PSU for this setup. i am on a tight budget

Seasonic s12ii 430w-2.6k or corsair cx430 v2-2.2k will suffice for your rig.
hgps said:

Phenom II X4 955

4GB Gskill 1333MHz RAM

GTX550Ti or HD6770 GPU

3HDDs

What is the -12V rail and 5VSB rail used for ?? in see in coolermaster PSUs they have only 0.3amps on -12v rail as compared to corsair and many others where their is 0.8amps, will this make any considerable difference ?
I am using CM Extreme Power PLus 700watts and was planing to upgrage to CM Silent Pro M1000 by paying 6k extra alon with my old PSU, or should I buy a New Corsair HX 850/750 PSU ? and sell CM Extreme Power PLus 700watts ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

hgps said:

Phenom II X4 955

4GB Gskill 1333MHz RAM

GTX550Ti or HD6770 GPU

3HDDs

I want to sell mine for 3k u interested ? its CM Extreme Power Plus 700watts 1yrs used 1yrs warranty remaining

Revolution said:
Which is overall better PSU for average PC ?

Corsair CX430 v2 or Seasonic 430W ?

May be near @2.5K ?

Seasonic 430W due to its 5 year long warranty.

I would go for Corsair because of its excellent RMA. Not sure about Seasonic though.

Seasonic also has a good RMA service,tirupati handles it,it'd be better if you go with seasonic it's better than corsair cx430V2.
I would go for Corsair because of its excellent RMA. Not sure about Seasonic though.

#yuvi161292, if you are interested in SMPS from Nehru Place, then you can get the Corsair TX V2 650W ~ 5500/-, get it at SMC International.

as for

#hgps, depending on where-ever you stay get either the Corsair CX V2 430W ~ 2600/- http://www.theitwares.com/corsair-builder-series-cx430-430w-atx12v-plus-certified-active-power-supply-p-2263.html OR if possible ship the Seasonic S12II 430W from TheITWares Bombay ~ 2800/- http://www.theitwares.com/seasonic-s12ii-430w-atx12v-v23eps12v-plus-bronze-certified-active-power-supply-p-601.html, in my personal opinion the Seasonic model is a better deal [due to better overall efficiency].

I want to sell mine for 3k u interested ? its CM Extreme Power Plus 700watts 1yrs used 1yrs warranty remaining

Sire, set-up a thread in the Classifieds Section OR Member's Market and provide a link to OP, do not conduct business like this on these threads [non Market threads].

Also what are you going to use the new SMPS for, what is your current system configuration a little clarity on this will help us with giving you a good recommend, the Cooler Master eXtreme Power series and GX series are not at all competitive with the current crop of Corsair VX / TX and Seasonic S12II series SMPS.

Checked the price locally.

Seasonic and Corsais are 2.8K and 2.3K respectively.

May be price has increase recenly.

Price difference is 500 for additional 2 years warranty.

Though I could not confirm about 5 years warranty of Seasonic.

I think it'll be enough for HD4670,it's 72% efficiency but it'll get the job done but anything above hd4670 would be trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back