The Power Supply Unit recommendation thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meg@M!nd said:
PSU,
FSP Saga II 500 - 2.1K
corsair cx430 v2 - 2.3K
Seasonic s12II 430 - 2.6K

For GPU, get 6670 1GB GDDR5 - 5K

Hello,
Thanks for the reply, i am going to get the corsair cx v2. But i checked with a lot of distributers and dealers here (Cochin) and all of them only have either zebronics, coolermaster, or gigabyte PSU's. Do any of those companies have a good alternative at 2k range?

If not, i can buy online but i dont know which sites are credible.

Are these sites trustworthy?
From chennai
Theitdepot - Corsair Builder Series CX430 V2 430W Power Supply (CMPSU-430CXV2)

From Mumbai
TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 V2 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Thanks in advance for any replies.
ntb

NTB said:
Hello,

Thanks for the reply, i am going to get the corsair cx v2. But i checked with a lot of distributers and dealers here (Cochin) and all of them only have either zebronics, coolermaster, or gigabyte PSU's. Do any of those companies have a good alternative at 2k range?

If not, i can buy online but i dont know which sites are credible.

Are these sites trustworthy?

From chennai

Theitdepot - Corsair Builder Series CX430 V2 430W Power Supply (CMPSU-430CXV2)

From Mumbai

TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 V2 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Thanks in advance for any replies.

ntb

In my experience, Itwares > Itdepot in all aspects..

Hello,

Thanks for the reply again.

Unfortunately for me, my father said he will not buy it online, so its going to have to be either CM, zebronics or gigabyte. I checked with google, and CM extreme power plus 460W seems to be a good option?

Is there any other viable option for me from CM, zebronics or gigabyte at 2000 range?

PS: Is there any online computer shop that accept cash on delivery payments?

Thanks in advance for any replies

ntb

NTB said:
CM, zebronics or gigabyte. I checked with google, and CM extreme power plus 460W seems to be a good option?

Is there any other viable option for me from CM, zebronics or gigabyte at 2000 range?

Cooler master's 'extreme' series PSUs doesn't have good build quality..

Ask for Gigabyte Superb 460w ~2.3K

Having used Gigabyte superb 460 for more than year, I would suggest it to anyone having low budget and needs a reliable PSU. You can go ahead for Gigabyte 460 but if available at 1.9K or max 2K ....

I am thinking of adding a midrange GPU to my existing system. So wanted to check if my existing system configuration and PSU will be suffiicient.

My current config

Phenom II 550BE

Asus M4A785G-TD-EVO

Ripjaw 4GB (2x2GB)

Corsair VX450

HDDs :D

120GB IDE (5.2K)

320GB IDE (5.2K)

500GB Sata (7.2K)

1TB Sata (7.2K)

NZXT Gamma Black

I am also thinking of adding one more 2TB drive and remove the 120GB IDE. Please let me know if VX450 will be able to handle the new load.

Thanks

askids

It would be better if you get at least 500w psu,get seasonic s12ii 520w-3.6k since you have 4hdds and you are gonna add one+mid range gpu.

askids said:
I am thinking of adding a midrange GPU to my existing system. So wanted to check if my existing system configuration and PSU will be suffiicient.

My current config
Phenom II 550BE
Asus M4A785G-TD-EVO
Ripjaw 4GB (2x2GB)
Corsair VX450
HDDs :D
120GB IDE (5.2K)
320GB IDE (5.2K)
500GB Sata (7.2K)
1TB Sata (7.2K)
NZXT Gamma Black

I am also thinking of adding one more 2TB drive and remove the 120GB IDE. Please let me know if VX450 will be able to handle the new load.

Thanks
askids

A 6850 should be fine w/any OCing...

thegatekeeper said:
It would be better if you get at least 500w psu,get seasonic s12ii 520w-3.6k since you have 4hdds and you are gonna add one+mid range gpu.
Infact, I must correct that I will be replacing both the IDEs with a 2TB SATA drive. So will it be sufficient to have the 6850 as suggested by Meg@mind.

If you already have VX450 and you need to add a good GPU, then what Megamind has said is spot on... A 6850 should likely be your choice.
askids said:
Infact, I must correct that I will be replacing both the IDEs with a 2TB SATA drive. So will it be sufficient to have the 6850 as suggested by Meg@mind.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Check this..I have posted same comment in other thread as well

Hey I just saw HIS 6870 ICEQ X Turbo X on Theitwares for 11.2K and went through some of its reviews.. It comes really close to 6950 2gb, also beats it in some games ... Just check its review on GURU3d and Tweaktown

Only thing remains unanswered it the A.S.S from HIS in India... Or else this card is seriously bang for buck

TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!HIS IceQ X H687QN1G2M Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Graphic Card

thegatekeeper said:
Don't get Seasonic ;( , I've Seasonic 620W silent PSU, its dead silent as compared to my Corsair CX 400 . but only when you're just browsing ur using your PC for movies.. as soon as you play a game, the fan is very noisy and makes more sound . The strange thing is I've sold my HD 6850 at i think my power consumption on 100% load wont even cross 170W . but still this PSU is very noisy.. perhaps more than 60 dba.

The power went out in my room a couple days ago and since then I haven't been able to get my PC to turn on. I think it's my power supply because I have no fans, lights or anything coming on i nthe PC. Also I tested the power supply on another motherboard and it still couldn't turn any fans on. But two older power supplies did turn fans on with tha tmotherboard. The older ones won't work on my current PC as they're very low wattage. Only the power in my rooom went out; not the rest of the house. Will the power company pay for a new power supply? And which one would you recommend? These are my system specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
Intel Core 2 Quad 9550 @2.83Ghz
Radeon HD 4870 512MB
4GB DDR 800 MHz RAM
Asus P5Q Pro Motherboard
Seagate 7200 RPM 640 GB hard drive
OCZ600SXS 600 watt power supply (the one that I think is broken)

My warranty on the power supply was three years and just ended last month. Newegg's power supply calculator recommended 483 watts for my system.

Get corsair cx430 v2-2.2k or seasonic s12ii 430w-2.6k[you can also upgrade your gpu or cpu on this psu].

Is 430 watts enough? I had been using a 600w power supply and newegg's calculator recommended 483 watts. I read that as parts get older they require more power. I was considering the Corsair CX500, Antec Earthwatt EA650, and SeaSonic X-650 and X-660. What would the difference in noise and the electric bill be between these power supplies?

Are you sure 430 watts is enough for my system? Newegg's calculator recommended 483 watts and I've been using a 600 watt power supply. I was considering the SeaSonic X-650, X-660, AntecEarthwatt EA650, and Corsair CX500. Are these too much for my system? And why would I be able to upgrade my GPU or CPU on the Seasonic but not the Corsair CX430? I'm quite sure I'll never upgrade the CPU, and currently don't have plans to upgrade the GPU. What would the difference in noise and the electric bill be between these power supplies?

seasonic s12ii 430w can take load upto 500w,it has 84% efficiency and it can handle upto 4 core cpu and gpu to hd6850 extent,so it will handle your rig.

http://www.plugloadsolutions.com/psu_reports/SEASONIC_S12II-430Bronze_ECOS 1240_430W_Report.pdf
darien said:
Are you sure 430 watts is enough for my system? Newegg's calculator recommended 483 watts and I've been using a 600 watt power supply. I was considering the SeaSonic X-650, X-660, AntecEarthwatt EA650, and Corsair CX500. Are these too much for my system? And why would I be able to upgrade my GPU or CPU on the Seasonic but not the Corsair CX430? I'm quite sure I'll never upgrade the CPU, and currently don't have plans to upgrade the GPU. What would the difference in noise and the electric bill be between these power supplies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back