The Power Supply Unit recommendation thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I am finalizing my system and I was all for the PSU that comes with the cabinet, until I started reading this thread...It opened my eyes to the importance of a good PSU. I am pretty confused over the power requirement of my system. Your advice would be appreciated. Here's my config:

What PSU wattage should I go in for if these are my specs - Kindly suggest Brand/Model also if possible.

Cabinet: Something within 2000 Rs.that has 2 to 3 120mm fans (not yet decided on the make/model yet but inclided towards CM Elite Series)
CPU: Intel 2500K (not overclocking as of now - so I wont be needing a 800W PSU :p)
Mobo: ASUS/Gigabyte Z68 chipset - ATX board (still shortlisting the exact model)
RAM: 4GBx2 1333 or 1600 speed
GPU: None (as of now)
Storage 1 TB 7200rpm drive (might get a 2TB later when prices crash)
Monitor:None - will connect to my HDTV

This is the "current" config as my budget is restricted, but I still want a solid system. I will upgrade to the following components 2-3 years down the line:
CPU: Will O/c
SSD: Will get one when prices come down
HDD: Will get a 2GB drive when prices come down
GPU: Planning on a ATI (AMD) card - no SLI
PSU: To accommodate the higher power requirement listed above.

vishi said:
Hi All,

I am finalizing my system and I was all for the PSU that comes with the cabinet, until I started reading this thread...It opened my eyes to the importance of a good PSU. I am pretty confused over the power requirement of my system. Your advice would be appreciated. Here's my config:

What PSU wattage should I go in for if these are my specs - Kindly suggest Brand/Model also if possible.

Cabinet: Something within 2000 Rs.that has 2 to 3 120mm fans (not yet decided on the make/model yet but inclided towards CM Elite Series)

CPU: Intel 2500K (not overclocking as of now - so I wont be needing a 800W PSU :p)

Mobo: ASUS/Gigabyte Z68 chipset - ATX board (still shortlisting the exact model)

RAM: 4GBx2 1333 or 1600 speed

GPU: None (as of now)

Storage 1 TB 7200rpm drive (might get a 2TB later when prices crash)

Monitor:None - will connect to my HDTV

This is the "current" config as my budget is restricted, but I still want a solid system. I will upgrade to the following components 2-3 years down the line:

CPU: Will O/c

SSD: Will get one when prices come down

HDD: Will get a 2GB drive when prices come down

GPU: Planning on a ATI (AMD) card - no SLI

PSU: To accommodate the higher power requirement listed above.

Get Corsair TX650 V2, will be sufficient..

591484e92df31a8f01.jpg

591484e92df4134bb8.jpg

NOTE : This is a PSU recommendation thread, still I am posting it... Remember to open a new thread in appropriate section for any related query

chiragsthakur said:
Cabinet - NZXT gamma at 2.1K...

Corsair TX650 V2 should be your target

Thanks guys! Isn't a 600W PSU overkill for this machine? I mean, I *will* be buying one later for my "future" upgrade... but for the basic system with just the mobo+cpu+ram+hdd+dvdrw, will 500W suffice? I'm saying this because am really stretching my budget here. I had just been to the shops here and found that Corsair 500W PSU costs 2850+5% .. Pretty much impossible now to buy a 5K PSU .... any other suggestions? How is FSP Saga II compared to Corsair?

Is there something around 3K that still meets my power requirements?

Please get a Seasonic 520w for 3.5K ... Dont think about any other PSU below this... 5 years warranty with bronze certification and with a powerful 12v rail, no PSU can match it at this price...

LOL loved the part about the babies...hahaha

"I love your guide, and I would like to have your babies. By the way, I live in Mexico. It's kind of hot here. Is that a problem?
YES it is. I'm not flying halfway across the world just so you can have my babies."

I would like to point attention to FSP Aurum series.. They are really great PSU but when it comes to FSP we only limit to Saga 2 500w..

Also the reviews are great...

http://www.hardwaresecrets.chttp://...lay/fsp-aurum-psu_5.html#sect0om/article/FSP-

Aurum-Gold-700-Power-Supply-Review/1228/10

FSP AURUM GOLD AU-700 Power Supply Review - Test Results & Final Thoughts :: TweakTown Mobile

FSP Aurum 600 Watt 80+ Gold Power Supply

FSP Aurum Power Supply Unit Series: in Chase of Gold. Page 5 - X-bit labs

I checked with Prime for FSP PSU and they only have Saga II series.. And don't stock any other FSP PSU...

Will check with FSP as they need to make sure for the availability....

We can hope for a good compition if Aurum is available at good price and this may reduce the price for other also.....

Will post again

sumesara said:
I checked with Prime for FSP PSU and they only have Saga II series.. And don't stock any other FSP PSU...

Will check with FSP as they need to make sure for the availability....

We can hope for a good compition if Aurum is available at good price and this may reduce the price for other also.....

Will post again
Aurum could be a great way to get into 80+gold league but the key would how well there are priced lets just keep our fingers crossed & hope for the best

Sai@tech said:
Aurum could be a great way to get into 80+gold league but the key would how well there are priced lets just keep our fingers crossed & hope for the best

We may see something positive coming out in next couple of month...... Crossing the fingures....

Need a PSU for 1.5k for my brother's PC.

Specs:

E7400

500gb HDD

Dont have a GPU but he is contemplating getting a HD6770.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back