1080p Jittery playback

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
I have recently downloaded a Linkin Park 1080p music video & the extension of the file is (.ts).Now the problem here is that whenever I try to playback the video it freezes at a point & then moves on.This happens at random ocassion during the video.I am using the latest K-Lite Codec pack with all Hali Media splitter & rest of the Matroksa codecs correctly installed.I tried using it in both Windows Media Player Classic & VLC player but both gave the same results.My configuration is mentioned below.I don't think it's a hardware related issue as I have previously played a Blu Ray clip from chip DVD for testing purposes which worked without any issues.

What could the reason be for this? I mean is it something with the actual video itself or does the .ts extensions have issues? :(

K-Lite is a complete piece of $hit. Get rid of it asap. You are better off with Kmplayer. (No relation whatsoever to K-Lite)

As from your SIG it looks u have a Nvidia Geforce 7900GT. Download NVIDIA Purevideo Decoder.
I donot have any idea how K-lite codec works.
I'm a big Fan of FFDshow plays almost everything and also a lot of customization option from which u can enable disable any codecs u do not want & much more [best part u can use it with any application which uses directshow video to render the video files].

There are many application which allow u to enable or disable any codecs but won't suggest u that as it screws up the system in the future....

For playing .ts files u have to disable mpeg2 so that purevideo can take over. and for playing videos i use Media player classic but u have to disable few stuff in this too...

Start Media Player classic --> Press O [for options]
Goto Internal Filters --> deselect everything in both source filters & Transform filters --> Press Apply & OK --> Restart MPC and u are ready to go...

Link to MPC
Free-Codecs.com :: Download Media Player Classic 6.4.9.1 : Media Player Classic is an enhanced version of Media Player 6.4

Link to FFDSHOW
Free-Codecs.com : Download FFDShow MPEG-4 Video Decoder 2008-01-06, FFDShow MPEG-4 Video Decoder 2008-01-05 MMX and FFDShow MPEG-4 Video Decoder 2007-12-28 SSE : FFDSHOW is a DirectShow decoding filter

Link to NVIDIA Purevideo Decoder
Free-Codecs.com :: Download nVIDIA PureVideo Decoder 1.02-223 : The nVIDIA PureVideo Decoder combines DVD and MPEG-2 playback

Get the *AHEM* version of PureVideo Decoder......

Rep Me as this has solved your problem, just joking buddy
Let me know if u have any problems........

@Andy:Thanks a ton for your reply.Needed that bit of detailed information.I always used to wonder why isn't my video being offloaded to utilise my GPU & I guess Pure Video could be the solution for it.Tell you what let me give it a shot & will try it today.Am downloading Pure Video right now & FDDshow I believe was already installed with K-Lite Codec pack.So I'll try that & let you know ASAP.Thanks again.

@Chaos,superczar & sri_rng: Thanks your your replies too.Will try Kmplayer too.I thought K-Lite codec was the best as it was always recommended by everyone for having all-in-one codec & players bundled.Anyways would try this too.Btw is Kmplayer just a stand alone player or does it have codecs bundled too?

EDIT: Tried Nvidia Pure Video & also deselcted all options for source & transform filters too but no go.Now the video somewhat fast forwards & audio starts lagging behind.Any suggestions?

It would be helpful for a lots of noobs like me if somebody could make a guide or something on this topic.Or maybe a step by step process to install all the codecs needed and settings that need to be changed.

Might make one myself but will take time as a lil' busy at the moment...........
If someone can make it before me than that will also be great.......

Install cccp
Install PureVideo
Install Coreavc if you want as this uses lesser CPU than ffdshow(which is included in cccp)(disable h.264 rendering in 'cccp' video options)

The reason you can't smoothly play that file with .TS extention is because it's an interlaced video file,meaning loads of extra work for the CPU in addition to it already being 1080. The blu ray video which you played must be a progressive one-720p or 1080p.

your cpu isn't powerful enough to play MBAFF or PAFF files or other interlaced vids.So there are two ways of doing it:-

1) utilising the full potential of your GPU. Download CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra. It will use your gpu to play those videos and does a good job.

2) software based.
uninstall all the codec packs you have installed in the past, install cccp and then install coreavc codec.Once you install it , then enable it. then use mplayer classic to play these files and you are done!!

Back