10mbps for Rs 1110 From Beam fiber

Update:
Getting some Good Ping times to US and EU servers From last night and No buffering issues like i had Earlier.
Seems they're running on Single TATA line. :)

Update:
Getting some Good Ping times to US and EU servers From last night and No buffering issues like i had Earlier.
Seems they're running on Single TATA line. :)

Not quite, but almost exclusively. As of late last year they had about 200 STMs from Tata.

Not that it makes a difference - Airtel and all ISPs buying Airtel bandwidth would also have been affected because other than the (allegedly intentional) cut of SMW4, SEACOM (Tata) and IMEWE (Bharti) were also down.

Plus to make things more fun, there was a massive DDoS going on... largest ever, apparently (300 gbit/s).

Not quite, but almost exclusively. As of late last year they had about 200 STMs from Tata.

Not that it makes a difference - Airtel and all ISPs buying Airtel bandwidth would also have been affected because other than the (allegedly intentional) cut of SMW4, SEACOM (Tata) and IMEWE (Bharti) were also down.

Plus to make things more fun, there was a massive DDoS going on... largest ever, apparently (300 gbit/s).

Hmmm... Interesting. Why do you say intentional?. Also wasn't Reliance affected? No issues to their FALCON cable? Don't the other providers like Airtel et al. buy bandwidth on FALCON?

Also wasn't Reliance affected? No issues to their FALCON cable? Don't the other providers like Airtel et al. buy bandwidth on FALCON?

No, Reliance Services weren't Interrupted coz they're on FALCON Cable.
Reliance wholesale Bandwidth isn't that Good according to many..
Most of the ISP prefer Bandwidth Either From TATA or Airtel because of Quality and only a Smaller portion from Reliance.
Reliance's Leased line Service is Worst everywhere Except Tier-1 Cities.

Hmmm... Interesting. Why do you say intentional?. Also wasn't Reliance affected? No issues to their FALCON cable? Don't the other providers like Airtel et al. buy bandwidth on FALCON?

Because some people were arrested by the Egyptian coastguard and stuff http://gigaom.com/2013/03/28/egyptian-coastguard-arrests-divers-over-major-broadband-cable-cut/

Reliance wouldn't have been affected because they own the FLAG network which is a different set of cables, FALCON being the name for the segment west of India towards Europe. Airtel and Tata don't buy bandwidth from Reliance because they either own or part-own the cables called i2i, TIISCS, SEACOM, SMW3, SMW4, IMEWE, EIG and GBI respectively.

SMW4 is the main cable in use west of India (IMEWE, EIG and GBI are kind of new but aren't being used as failovers for SMW4 at this time), while i2i & TIISCS are only east of India and SEACOM goes from Mumbai right round the bottom of Africa so would introduce quite a bit of latency - and the cables with which it meets on the western side of SA are still quite expensive (so... that's probably the main reason it wouldn't have been used).

No, Reliance Services weren't Interrupted coz they're on FALCON Cable.
Reliance wholesale Bandwidth isn't that Good according to many..
Most of the ISP prefer Bandwidth Either From TATA or Airtel because of Quality and only a Smaller portion from Reliance.
Reliance's Leased line Service is Worst everywhere Except Tier-1 Cities.

The only "big" ISP I can think of that buys a significant amount of Reliance bandwidth is Tikona (off the top of my head), and it should also be noted that the FLAG system as a whole only has a very small amount of capacity, even compared to just one of the above mentioned cables (we're talking gigabits, not terabits).

The leased-line service and the wholesale bandwidth on those cables are quite separate products handled by different teams and don't really have much to do with each other except the lower-layer stuff.

Tikona Majority bandwidth From Reliance? http://bgp.he.net/AS45528

I stand corrected. My information on TDN must be a bit out of date. It used to be the case because the guys who started Tikona are all ex-Reliance, but I guess they stopped getting a good deal. Maybe RIL had something to do with it (needing all RCOMs bandwidth), I don't know.

YOU mean Honesty Net Solutions?

Eh? http://bgp.he.net/AS38457 buys zero from Reliance. Ripunjay would never allow it.

Back