Audio 1964 Ears - A new company that manufactures Custom In-Ears

^ I was asking about customs delaying the clearance like all Chinese/HK parcels being delayed here at our customs. I thought you'd have Miracle before end of this year :(

mukulymn said:
i might goto US within few months

i better shift from miracle to westone es5 cuz of ths delays in post

That would be a smarter and better move.

On topic: Anybody knows how much is the shipping charge? I read that it's free for > $400 and $50 below that. But guess that's for US? And how much for Art work?

you know i 'd have bought his tf10 custom ( the other one he was selling ) , if his price was below 300.

but at 450 its better to add 200 more and buy a JH13/16 secondhand

On topic: Anybody knows how much is the shipping charge? I read that it's free for > $400 and $50 below that. But guess that's for US? And how much for Art work?

I remember reading somewhere on Head-Fi that free shipping applies internationally till July next year or something.

strategy said:
you are forgetting he is a mids-head ;(...:S)
his dream custom IEM, has 8 mid drivers and a common mid-bass-treble driver :p

does such thing exist :p
now my focus is shifting from mids to mids+bass with smooth treble
anyhow es5 fit quite good to my needs if it has bass quantity same as re1 or re262

its time to start saving

the fx700 suit you ..IMO :p

i mean the treble sure is bright but it is also smooth ...:D

@esantosh : but the impressions say that these are heavy on bass ( goood bass) and lacking on the highs and mids :(

^ I'm not sure if it's lacking in mids and highs. They are however, tuned differently from the rest of the manufacturers. The mids are not as forward as others and treble is smooth mostly to make it non-fatiguing over longer periods. Trips are a bit rolled off in the bass, Quads extend deeper (even though they both have 2 bass drivers). I thought these might sound similar to RE-262 and other IEMs. Will need to wait for a few more reviews...

esanthosh said:
^ I'm not sure if it's lacking in mids and highs. They are however, tuned differently from the rest of the manufacturers. The mids are not as forward as others and treble is smooth mostly to make it non-fatiguing over longer periods. Trips are a bit rolled off in the bass, Quads extend deeper (even though they both have 2 bass drivers). I thought these might sound similar to RE-262 and other IEMs. Will need to wait for a few more reviews...
Yup evn i m waiting for more reviews
i feel they cud do

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

strategy said:
the fx700 suit you ..IMO :p
i mean the treble sure is bright but it is also smooth ...:D

@esantosh : but the impressions say that these are heavy on bass ( goood bass) and lacking on the highs and mids :(
fx700: i hav to try
read tht mids r little recessed :(
so whn r u going to send thm to me on loan :p

A few updates:

International shipping is free for Quads, $50 for the rest.

They use EMS for shipping

Artwork will cost an additional $50

^ Tough call! It's a laid-back custom IEM at a very decent price since many top-tier universals sell at that price point. I am tempted often about getting into customs. Sure they are similar in upgrade like moving from a RE0 / PFE level to FX700 / SM3 level. Somehow, my mind is set on tasting various kinds of sound signature & presentation than investing in one personal IEM so far. May be I'll take a plunge into one of the 1964s or a UM next year, may be not. I am very unclear at this point.

^ You are a single person, so you have found something that matches your taste. But I have multiple personalities, each personality with a signature preference. What to do? :p

But santosh ...is not going for mage a better idea!!

i mean its soundstage is considered best among the Custom IEMs ...imaging is considered to rival that of HD800!!

Mids are the best ..treble extension is also great !!

Bass , hmm ...though less in quantity ...is very accurate and quick !

its more of a complete package!! ...with local availability and warranty

and it seems amarbir is giving a discount of them too, 25K for them !! :(

^ That's what I'll go for if I decide to go the customs route. After reading woes of some JH Audio customers and a few re-fit issues as well, I find it better to go for UM who's workmanship and first time fit are considered much better. 1964 is still a very young company, whose service may be great right now, but not sure how it'll go after 2-3 years if indeed they get famous.

esanthosh said:
^ You are a single person, so you have found something that matches your taste. But I have multiple personalities, each personality with a signature preference. What to do? :p
i hope u rid urself of multiple music personality disorder, love one iem, donate others to us and remain happily ever after.

Back