Monitors 22 Incher LCD Suggestion

From what I read in the forums I have gathered that the 2235 and 2245 use the exact same panel and the 2255 has a different but a bit better panel. But this info may not be 100% accurate.

I think theXfactor has a 2235 which came with a DVI. He posted about it in the SHOW OFF section.

What attracts me most about my 2245 are the 4 port Powered USB HUB and 8 card reader built into the base. This card reader transfers my pictures from my SD card atleast 5 times faster then my Plug in Card Reader. If I blink I miss the file transfer :)

Guys This is my first post in TE
I brought 22" samsung 226bw(which is an S panel luckily for 21600:eek:hyeah: ) from bangalore S.p road ..Soon i will be posting an review for that ..One word for the moniter is its AWESOME :hap2: ...

~~Rajesh~~

Argus said:
How is ViewSonic's VX2255wmb ? My dealer has quoted 17k + tax and will get it on order only. I like the specs n features but someone told me it is known for giving ghosting probs n will devp dead pixels. How true is that ? I would actually prefer to order this one than vx2245.

got it for a friend for 15.5k@ smc nehru place,zero dead pixel cant tell u about ghosting havent tried any gaming on it yet but one thing is sure it looks damn ****in awesome.

I just bought VX2255wmb.... no dead pixels, pretty decent colors (needs some tweaking though), webcam is alright at 1.3mp and bit of grains, Haven't noticed any ghosting so far.

I'm not very fond of glossy finish (of frame and stand) but I've to agree that this panel looks really cool.

Oh... damage was 15.5k from Prime.

i was in a similar position a few weeks ago ...short listed the lg(226wtq) and viewsonic models(2235) but after researching a bit , i decided to hold off the buy

*the problem with viewsonic is they use a 8bit panel so that gives you approx 262k colours but theve upscaled it using hardare and software

*the lg has had ghosting issues the company claims 2ms but somehow i get the feeling they r lying ...but with a new revision in the firmware they have improved(but not eliminated) that issue.

then was the samsung 226bw : the best in the 22inch category but ridiculously priced , my delaer has quoted 21000 including taxes trying to convince him with another 700-1000 discount.

because this is a long term investment ...u'll prolly be keeping it for atleast 5yrs so why not consider the best? but try 2 get the s panel(although recent uprades in a panel have made it hard to differentiate in the quality of the two).

here's a 22inch shootout tht compares all the above mentioned lcd's

22 inch LCD monitors: The second coming! (page 1: Introduction) - BeHardware

22 inch LCD monitors: the 3rd wave! (page 1: Introduction) - BeHardware
hope that helps :)

Today I was checking out Croma (the retail store from Tatas) and saw that they had the Viewsonic VX2235WM for Rs 14,990/-. And if you buy for over Rs 10k using an ICICI credit/debit card you get another 5% off!

I am thinking that this is a good deal for me for my home. Primary use will be browsing, documents, viewing/managing digital photos from my cameras, kids games. Almost no TV/video viewing.

Back