Budget 0-20k 27" 1440p high refresh rate monitor for gaming/media consumption for around 20k?

variablevector

Disciple
I'm currently using a BenQ GW2480 -- a 24" 1080p 60hz monitor that can't even overclock to 75hz. No freesync/g-sync either. Color accuracy and contrast are pretty mediocre etc. The only saving grace is that it's not a TN panel. So I figure anything in the 20k price range would be a massive upgrade for me, both in terms of spatial and temporal resolution. Variable refresh rate would be a godsend as I'm pretty tired of screen tearing.

In terms of gaming, I mostly play singleplayer titles and I want something that, for example, the new Alan Wake game will look best on, but I will occasionally jump into a competitive game of Apex or Halo where the milliseconds might matter. There is occasional coding and reading large amounts of text too. As well as the obvious Netflix/YT etc.

I can go a little bit above 20k if it is truly worth it, but I'd mostly prefer to keep it on the lower side of 20k. I'm open to the used market as well, if anyone has an offer.

Quite happy with Acer Nitro XV272U KV. Its well priced and has good features and ergonomic adjustment.
Many people here are using it too as it gets recommended often. I think only worthwhile upgrade from this can be either something with different form factor or OLED/HDR.
Its IPS, so has its pros and cons. Some might prefer VA for better contrast but they can have other issues.
This has very favorable review on rtings too.
Also has nice software to change settings/profiles from desktop. Very useful for frequent changes - I use 100% brightness with gaming for example and 25% outside it.

I bought V2 which seems to have been discontinued. V3 is cheaper, does not have extra usb ports and has slightly faster panel.

Last edited:
Get this Acer XV272U KV (V3), as already suggested. It's a brilliant monitor for the price, with a brilliant IPS panel (used in the more expensive Predator series). I (along with a lot of other members here) am using the V2 version, which is discontinued. The only difference between the V2 and V3 is that the V3 doesn't have a USB hub and front proximity sensor (hence, cheaper). Grab it soon, as it goes OOS often.

Check the review here (this is for the V2 version, but it is essentially the same) - https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/acer/nitro-xv272u-kvbmiiprzx

LG Ultragear

Just a little bit above 20k but you get a great panel with the after service assurance of LG. It has all the features you mentioned VRR, high refresh rates and good latency.
This looks pretty good! And there's an rtings review for it here.

The contrast ratio is lower than average (841:1) while black uniformity and color accuracy look kind of bad. But the response times and input lag looks really good. I'd be willing to sacrifice a bit of that responsiveness for better image quality, tbh. Or just pay more for it.

So I found this Gigabyte M27Q Rev 2.

Costs 4390 more than the LG but for that you get better contrast, black uniformity and way better color accuracy. Worse response times but 170hz vs 144hz on the LG. It also has a USB hub with type C 10W PD and a KVM switch. So it seems kind of worth the price differential.
I like the fact that this is curved and the contrast ratio of the VA panels would be great, but the motion blur compared to IPS looks like a concern. I've never owned a VA panel so I can't say I wouldn't be sensitive to it, coming from IPS.

So I found this Gigabyte M27Q Rev 2.

Costs 4390 more than the LG but for that you get better contrast, black uniformity and way better color accuracy. Worse response times but 170hz vs 144hz on the LG. It also has a USB hub with type C 10W PD and a KVM switch. So it seems kind of worth the price differential.
The Acer one I linked earlier is slightly better (overall) than the Gigabyte while being cheaper by a good bit. You just lose out on the USB Hub, Type C PD and KVM Switch.

Quite happy with Acer Nitro XV272U KV. Its well priced and has good features and ergonomic adjustment.
Many people here are using it too as it gets recommended often. I think only worthwhile upgrade from this can be either something with different form factor or OLED/HDR.
Its IPS, so has its pros and cons. Some might prefer VA for better contrast but they can have other issues.
This has very favorable review on rtings too.
Also has nice software to change settings/profiles from desktop. Very useful for frequent changes - I use 100% brightness with gaming for example and 25% outside it.

I bought V2 which seems to have been discontinued. V3 is cheaper, does not have extra usb ports and has slightly faster panel.
This was on my list! It looks like a great deal on paper.
Get this Acer XV272U KV (V3), as already suggested. It's a brilliant monitor for the price, with a brilliant IPS panel (used in the more expensive Predator series). I (along with a lot of other members here) am using the V2 version, which is discontinued. The only difference between the V2 and V3 is that the V3 doesn't have a USB hub and front proximity sensor (hence, cheaper). Grab it soon, as it goes OOS often.

Check the review here (this is for the V2 version, but it is essentially the same) - https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/acer/nitro-xv272u-kvbmiiprzx
Ah, the one thing preventing me from pulling the trigger on this was the lack of an rtings review. I didn't realize the "kvbmiiprzx" corresponded to the v2. I unfortunately can't find any direct reviews of the v3 panel, although people seem happy with it so far. It's very tempting at the current price.

I unfortunately can't find any direct reviews of the v3 panel, although people seem happy with it so far. It's very tempting at the current price.
The V3 is exactly the same as the V2, in terms of panel and ergonomics. Only thing missing from the V3 is the USB Hub and front proximity sensor.

The V3 is exactly the same as the V2, in terms of panel and ergonomics. Only thing missing from the V3 is the USB Hub and front proximity sensor.
Dang, that's great! You make a compelling argument. I can live without the USB hub for ~5.7k cheaper. Guess I'll buy it right now.
Edit: Bought the Acer XV272U V3 for 18.9k (factoring in 5% back with Apay card) on Amazon. Will post my impressions of it once I get it. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Dang, that's great! You make a compelling argument. I can live without the USB hub for ~5.7k cheaper. Guess I'll buy it right now.
Edit: Bought the Acer XV272U V3 for 18.9k (factoring in 5% back with Apay card) on Amazon. Will post my impressions of it once I get it. Thanks guys.
Do post some update mate. I also looking for a 2k monitor and this one looks quite good for the price.

this one is out of stock , any idea where to get this one ?

Do post some update mate. I also looking for a 2k monitor and this one looks quite good for the price.
Ah sorry, I got busy and forgot about this.

The TLDR is that it is a great monitor and I would recommend it. The two biggest improvements for me were the 1440p resolution and g-sync/180hz. 1440p 27" makes using a single monitor for serious work and multi-tasking much easier as you have way more screen real estate, I should have upgraded sooner. The extra visual fidelity is noticeable too. It's not quite 4k levels of detail, but you can definitely see a difference from 1080p. G-sync and 180hz is easily better that any toggle-able quality setting in a game. It smoothes out in-game motion so much. I don't think I can go back to the stuttery mess I was used to before.

As for the panel itself, the color accuracy is really good. Better than any I've ever used. And while there are no OLED contrast levels here, they're very good for an IPS and you don't find yourself missing anything. Display gets reasonably bright and I use it at 75% brightness. You can use DDC/CI to control it from Windows. The panel I got has zero dead pixels.

Not sure what else there is. If you have any other questions, just ask me.

Thanks for the tag @Futureized. It looks like @variablevector has already made the purchase.

But anyways, my suggestion would also have been Acer Nitro XV272U V3 and Gigabyte G27Q as the top priority. G27Q especially coz it's it available at PrimeABGB at a very solid price rn.

Aditionally I would have recommended a bunch of LG monitor like 32GN600, 32GN650, 27GN800 & 27GR75Q
1. 27GN800: It's very similar to XV272U & G27Q, go with whatever is cheaper
2. 32GN600 & 32GN650: They could've been a solid choice as they are VA & 32in. deeper blacks & monitor size would've given much more immersion and better multi-tasking for work. As for VA, it can be great for gaming as well, especially for open world games. As for fast paced games, i think 5ms response time is still not bad for a 144-165Hz. It does makes impact with 240Hz monitors though. These would have been my recommendation from LG.
3. 27GR75Q: Pretty close to 27GN800, it just a 2023 release that follows the new LG design language like 27GR95QE.

Last edited:
Back