Budget 31-40k 27 inch 1440p 144hz+ IPS Monitor Suggestions

@Sumi Just wondering if the thought of moving into 4K crossed your mind? I noticed a couple of 4K 144Hz monitors (Acer Predator) in the 50K range; 60Hz are cheaper though.
OP has a pretty capable 30 series card If I remember correctly, maybe he can consider.
The 3070 will probably not be able to push 144hz on 4K resolution and also 50k is way out of my budget. Due to how the PC market and general status of the nation as a whole, I'm taking a little while to come to a decision. The stock cooler for the 3600 is also seeming to be useless as I don't have an AC and the ambient temperatures here are high, so need to set aside a budget for it too now. Currently have my eyes set on the ARCTIC Freezer 34 Esports Duo as it's a great budget air cooler as mentioned on this thread.

This one had good reviews, sucks that it's priced so high. I'd rather go for a G7 at this price

After painfully using a very old TV as a monitor, finally brought the LG 27GL850-B and it arrived today.

First impressions :
  • The build quality is great.
  • Putting it up and ready was easy and the cables provided feel nice.
  • Cannot say much about the picture quality since it's my first ever 2k IPS monitor but the color out of the box is amazing.
  • My main point to buy this monitor was LG's QA and it didn't disappoint, panel is amazing with only slight backlight bleed on the bottom right of the screen which is totally fine for me personally.
  • 144hz is not noticeable after using it for a while but tried to see how 60hz looked again made me realize it's worth it.
  • Text accuracy is amazing, using the display at 100% zoom but still see the text in crisp quality.
As I stated earlier in the thread that it's a little pricey comparing to other brands offerings, LG's QA and aftersales is what you pay for and I'm satisfied.

And unsurprisingly, I went for the M27Q during the recent Prime sale. I've only connected it to a laptop now so I'm yet to see the 144Hz goodness. Soon....
I was considering buying it locally (costs about the same as Amazon's sale price: 30K-ish), but then in case of bleed/dead pixels I'd have to RMA and I'm lazy.
So I jumped the gun and bought it from Amazon, presuming I can go through a couple of monitors using their replacement policy in case the monitors are not to my satisfaction.

It arrived mid last week. Did some pixel checking after work and didn't find anything abnormal, though there was some bleed. Without much prior experience with such monitors and bleed, I thought it was in the acceptable range and figured I could live with it. Next day, I was unfortunate enough to notice 1 bright pixel, shortly followed by a dead/stuck pixel. The problem with these things are once you see it, you can't unsee it! Later that day I noticed 2 more mildly malfunctioning pixels and decided to replace it. I understand a couple of pixels being a dud among the millions on the screen is not a major issue, but you just can't unsee it if the stuck pixel bright enough. So, upon calling Amazon at midnight, I got a novice rep and after a long conversation he set me up a technician visit schedule for a week later (grrrr). It was past 12 so called it a day. He made it seem like a tech visit was the protocol for expensive products, so I let it be.

Next day, determined to force the replacement through, I called them again in the evening. This time, the rep was knowledgeable and quickly offered replacement as the option while acknowledging that his colleague from my previous call was mistaken -- no tech visit for monitors (maybe for TVs?). But he just needed to get an approval from his superior to give the replacement a go-ahead. Got a call back in 30 mins and the replacement was scheduled to be delivered the next day. This was good! Packed it all up at night and went to bed.

Next morning, the bell rings while I'm still in bed (it was a Saturday!) and the monitor's here. Couldn't have been happier about this rapid delivery. Did some pixel peeping at high brightness and nothing seemed abnormal. Did this a couple of more times at different brightness and ambient lighting just to be sure and all looked good! But I didn't want to get my hopes up too much since it was only on the 2nd day that I saw the dead pixel earlier. This has some bleed too but in a slightly different pattern from the previous one (noticeably less in some regions but a tad more in others) and I believe this is well within the acceptable category for me. I don't notice enough glow in the corners while watching a movie at 80% brightness, in a dark room, to bother me. It's technically there, but not that vivid, and who cranks the brightness up all the way anyway -- that was just for testing. I can't yet say to what extent it'll affect gaming, but I don't expect it to. However, even with low brightness, in a game like Limbo/Inside some glow is visible in the bottom corners, but I'm guessing this is an exception since not every game is this dark, is it? It's barely visible in the RDR2 video Kratos47 had shared in his review and going by the photos of his screen I'd say mine is similar to his or even less. But photos accentuate the glow if not captured with the right settings so that's not really accurate. Instead, I looked at the screen from 2 meters while being center (this eliminates any glow from being visible) so I could see the bleed alone -- seemed not too bad to me. I can even capture it on my phone somewhat by keeping the ISO low which gives a relatively accurate representation, rather than overexposed auto shots. I'm not well versed in manual photography though. Could compare with Sumi's LG, but what's the point. If it doesn't bother either of us, nothing more to be done.

Coming back, it's Sunday night now and I see no dead pixel yet luckily. My eyes must be cursing badly me because of the torture I put them through these last few days. Dark room + high brightness + dead pixel check = no good for eyes (be warned before you do this, because you really don't want to see the problematic pixel even if it's there). I'll slowly stop trying to find a fault in it (2 more days of once-a-day pixel check :p) and just use it. Maybe it's just my head but I might even be seeing less bleed today than I did yesterday. This might just be placebo because I read somewhere that the bleed can settle/reduce a little once you start using the monitor.

All in all, guess I'm pretty happy with this for now. IPS glow is normal. Bleed depends on luck and, as of now, I don't think I want to enter the lottery again. I'll take slight bleed to dead pixels any day.

Last edited:
I have been waiting for the prices to drop further. Lets see if they give some discount during the August Sale.
It was on sale recently during Prime Day but I don't remember what the price was, probably around 32k-33k. I know BenQ EX2780Q was about 30K after all the discounts.

Last edited:
It was on sale recently during Prime Day but I don't remember what the price was, probably around 32k-33k. I know BenQ EX2780Q was about 30K after all the discounts.
The LG was on sale for 35k, I think the Aorus Fi27q was also selling for the same price and it's pretty good. And wasn't BenQ 30k without discounts?

The LG was on sale for 35k, I think the Aorus Fi27q was also selling for the same price and it's pretty good. And wasn't BenQ 30k without discounts?
Yeah, you are probably right about the BenQ. 35K isn't a sale price at all in the case of LG then.

Yeah, I missed that deal. It was selling for 34999 INR minus 1250 Instant Discount vis Citibank.

Back