Monitors 27" LED from (Korea)

we need an IC on this. the QH270-IPSMS monitor with hdmi looks tempting. if the price would be a bit 100 dollars less including shipping... :drool:

@varkey @6pack

I added Shimian 27" from Amazon to my shopping cart -

Amazon.com: ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-LITE 27" LG S-IPS LED 2560x1440 QHD DVI 16:9 6ms Monitor: Computers & Accessories

It did not mention any customs etc, which it generally does -

capture1fu.jpg

Better to spend a bit more and have peace of mind from Amazon? The seller here is Achieva itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think isaw it for as less as 250USD on ebay with some 45 additional as shipping. the only reason i didn't buy the monitor is most of them have just one dvi-d port. the multi port ones are all above the 400usd mark. plus customs charge duty as per how they feel like. min would be around 14-16 percent on total cost of monitor. cost will go above 25k easily at prevailing usd-inr rates.

I think isaw it for as less as 250USD on ebay with some 45 additional as shipping. the only reason i didn't buy the monitor is most of them have just one dvi-d port. the multi port ones are all above the 400usd mark. plus customs charge duty as per how they feel like. min would be around 14-16 percent on total cost of monitor. cost will go above 25k easily at prevailing usd-inr rates.

According to user feedback on Hardforum some latest generation graphics cards are incompatible with the DVI-D port on this monitor.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

New ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-Lite 27" WQHD LED HD DVI 2560 x 1440 Computer Monitor | eBay

290 * 57 = Rs 16530
Customs Duty @ 28 % at a declared value of around 150 USD plus Fedex handling charge = ~ 3000
Final Price ~ Rs 19500! :)

Sellers have even declared the monitor at $50 for customs purposes :)

Even a value of $300 for a 27" monitor would raise eyebrows...

^ From what I have read, the thing is that you are getting a panel which is used in $800-$1000 Apple and Dell monitors for $300-$400. There is going to be some hit and miss for sure. But, if you are lucky, then this is a brilliant monitor with zero AG coating which most people intensely dislike. Most users say that even the Dell 2410 fades in comparison once the color calibration is done properly.

#6pack , yes its really risky... Its better to read all the threads on Hardforum or overclock.net to find out if your graphics card is incompatible...

4 different type of models are available. Wanted to find out which saumik_ imported and the review link posted elsewhere.... It's not clear from the ebay link

Bookmark this link - (Reviewed) $400 2560x1440 IPS no-AG 90hz+ Achieva Shimian QH270 and Catleap Q270

Has ALL the info you'd ever need.

But do pay heed to that poll before the post.

Anand says, his colleague got a panel from an eBay seller who gives a zero dead-pixel guarantee for an extra 30USD. Might be worth it IMO.

27" Shimian briefly

Finally the delivery van arrived with Shimian 27" Lite.

It took more than 10 minutes to unpack. No damage. Perfect condition.

Hooked up DVI-D cable to Geforce 9600GT port and fired up the comp. As this is my first IPS panel I was amazed by the vibrant and natural colors.

Nvidia panel reports monitor HDCP ready.

hdcp.jpg

Native resolution and refresh rate

native.jpg

No dead pixels but slight bleeding on the bottom edge on dark images.

Manual is Korean but indicates resolutions supported natively and the switches functions.

switch.jpg

At the back the top most button is on off switch not very sturdy. The only other buttons that work are brightness low high. Rest are dud. The speaker grill is for aesthetics. Nothing inside it.

When the brightness button is pressed blue led in front of the monitor blips stops when either brightness if fully reached or at lowest settings.

Here are side by side picture of the Shimian and Benq G2400W. The white line on the Shimian is hidden taskbar.

cloud.jpg

snow.jpg

The glossy does get irritating sometimes as slightest light reflects the user's image. However the IPS panel quality and its natural colors offsets any such feeling.

The power adapter rated at 240V so worked out of the box.

Back