Budget 31-40k 32 inch 4K monitor suggestions

have a 24" VA monitor
yes, viewing angle issue is not a concern for 24" full hd monitors. I had one VA in my work place, and IPS monitor at home, haven't faced any problems.

viewing angle does seem to be affect the bigger displays, especially the sides are more of grayish due to washout.

of course I'm bit confused more after bit of search especially considering my use case (programming). it seems better to invest in two 27" 1440p monitors than single 4K monitor.

(programming). it seems better to invest in
For programming yea I will agree that 2 1440p monitors will be better, rather than a single 4k one.
I also have a Sony 43" 4k VA TV, and viewing angles are not an issue there as well - and it has much better viewing angles than my monitor too! No washed out colours unless you are at obscene angles such as 70deg or higher from the sides. But yes blacks are not inky blacks like OLEDs, but still good enough for us :)

Anyone comment the below monitor (with respect to price), usage : browsing, office and Mi 4K TV

I bought this monitor in the last sale for about Rs. 16,000. I was using a 22" 1680x1050 TN panel before.
It's a real step up for me. The IPS panel, and 2k resolution make a big difference. I think it's bright enough, and don't need to increase the brightness beyond 80%.
The screen has a matte finish, and isn't reflective. Colours, and viewing angles are great.
The only negative is the connectivity. It only has 2 ports - an HDMi and a display port.
I'm currently replaying Half-Life 1, and I haven't noticed any input lag, or screen tearing.
32" is quite big, and I need to sit about 2 feet away from the screen.
I think 2k is a decent resolution for this panel. I don't notice any pixelation, and text seems quite sharp. I also haven't noticed any backlight bleeding.
Videos look fine on it,
IMO, it's a good monitor, and there's nothing comparable in it's price bracket. If you're on a budget, or you like getting a good deal, and can find it, then I'd recommend that you buy it.

at the start of the current sale, this was available... i thought of placing order today morning, but now it's gone. Is it better to wait or go for benq 3280?
It is still available but hovering around 70K mark, which is too expensive. Then Benq 3280 is available locally in Chandigarh for 51k but I dont know why, my heart is still for thr LG 32UN880-B. Locally this model is no where available and my vendor was saying that its successor is going to be launched and he has suggested me to wait for 4K 120 Hertz Monitor.
4K 120 Hertz, should be available after March 2022.

Any one has experience on this monitor? Is it good for text based usage? like visual studio use.

Any other suggestion for 32" 4K monitor, around 35K? main usage is visual studio and it should support USB-C power delivery to support xps13 or m1 air.
Went ahead ordered samsung M7 from amazon. As my main requirement is programming/text related work in windows, also needed usb-c support with usb hub for input devices. Based on my research, only two monitors which has USB-C support with PD and also USB hub feature. One is LG 32UN880 which is around 70K now and another one is samsung M7 for ~32K(with card offer). My budget was 35K, but willing to extend 50K max, so almost decided to go ahead with Benq 3280 which ips display(my existing AOC full hd IPS), but found out it does not have USB hub. So decided to drop and after lots of confusion, finally ordered M7. My main worry in VA panel is text blurriness and poor viewing angle, but still decided to go head with M7 as i was very uncomfortable to spend 70K for LG.

Ok, now here comes the experience :D Today received the monitor and as of now configured with HDMI (4K@30hz) as my USB-C hub has limit. Yet to test with USB-C, as the monitor did not come with USB-C cable and this monitor needs USB-C 3.2 gen 2(10Gbps) cable to support 4K@60hz, so ordered it now. But with HDMI, the texts are very sharp as my old AOC IPS monitor, super happy about it. Have not noticed any issues with colors in the edges as well as people used to complain on VA panel, not sure its because i use only dark theme. Overall it was very good choice for the price paid with 5 years warranty( 3 + 2yrs festival offer).

Yet to test with Mac, will do once i get the USB-C cable.

Went ahead ordered samsung M7 from amazon. As my main requirement is programming/text related work in windows, also needed usb-c support with usb hub for input devices. Based on my research, only two monitors which has USB-C support with PD and also USB hub feature. One is LG 32UN880 which is around 70K now and another one is samsung M7 for ~32K(with card offer). My budget was 35K, but willing to extend 50K max, so almost decided to go ahead with Benq 3280 which ips display(my existing AOC full hd IPS), but found out it does not have USB hub. So decided to drop and after lots of confusion, finally ordered M7. My main worry in VA panel is text blurriness and poor viewing angle, but still decided to go head with M7 as i was very uncomfortable to spend 70K for LG.

Ok, now here comes the experience :D Today received the monitor and as of now configured with HDMI (4K@30hz) as my USB-C hub has limit. Yet to test with USB-C, as the monitor did not come with USB-C cable and this monitor needs USB-C 3.2 gen 2(10Gbps) cable to support 4K@60hz, so ordered it now. But with HDMI, the texts are very sharp as my old AOC IPS monitor, super happy about it. Have not noticed any issues with colors in the edges as well as people used to complain on VA panel, not sure its because i use only dark theme. Overall it was very good choice for the price paid with 5 years warranty( 3 + 2yrs festival offer).

BenQ also has USB-C input.

Tested with USB-C cable, both 4K@60Hz and PD charging working very well. Connected USB receiver for wireless mouse/keyboard combo to the monitor's USB port, perfect single cable solution :).

Surprisingly even in Mac, the text is looking very good and sharp(as in the laptop display). So seriously confused why people were suggesting expensive IPS panel for text based work:confused: ?

Got this cable for Rs.1249. https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07Y7GVGBF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If someone looking for cheap IPS 4K monitor, this would be best bet.. has everything :) USB-C, displayport, hdmi, USB hub, PD charge, free sync..

If someone looking for cheap IPS 4K monitor, this would be best bet.. has everything :) USB-C, displayport, hdmi, USB hub, PD charge, free sync..

How does this compare to Samsung M7?

Yep, bought it already.

Not everybody who is purchasing computer parts is a gamer, people have other uses for a computer too.

Not once in the original post have I mentioned gaming. I need my monitor to display super crisp text, as that is what I have to look at all day for work.

As for the 4k at 32 inch being a waste, I could honestly use 5k or 6k at 32inches, as 4k at 32inches isnt quite as crisp as I had hoped.
are you into animations ?

How does this compare to Samsung M7?
I've not used this monitor, just saw in amazon and posted here, since this is cheapest(32K) 4K IPS monitor with all the bells and whistles :D Personally using M7, super happy about it, but I may be gone for this lenovo monitor, if i've seen this earlier before my purchase of M7. Main reason is, this comes with IPS panel(not sure how much difference it going to make for my use case, since i do not have any complaint about M7 panel), it comes with display port, plus USB-C cable. M7 does not have display port and neither it comes with USB-C cable, i had to purchase extra.

I've not used this monitor, just saw in amazon and posted here, since this is cheapest(32K) 4K IPS monitor with all the bells and whistles :D Personally using M7, super happy about it, but I may be gone for this lenovo monitor, if i've seen this earlier before my purchase of M7. Main reason is, this comes with IPS panel(not sure how much difference it going to make for my use case, since i do not have any complaint about M7 panel), it comes with display port, plus USB-C cable. M7 does not have display port and neither it comes with USB-C cable, i had to purchase extra.
5 years warranty on the samsung is a good deal. It's still available. I am not able to figure out the warranty on the lenevo monitor. Do you have any idea? I am tired of waiting for sale and now going to pull the trigger now. Higher refresh rate will be nice but then I will need to spend more money. My budget is 50K. Please suggest the best option. 32 inch is bare minimum requirement for me. I am wondering if I should go for a 4K TV Instead. 1440p 144hz can be a middle compromise but then I want to multi task. so higher resolution will help with ppi...

Can any body comment on 1440p 144hz vs 4K 60hz?

Edit: I am no longer considering M7 due to lower maximum brightness (250 nits) compared to lenovo 350 nits maximum brightness.

Last edited:
5 years warranty on the samsung is a good deal. It's still available. I am not able to figure out the warranty on the lenevo monitor. Do you have any idea? I am tired of waiting for sale and now going to pull the trigger now. Higher refresh rate will be nice but then I will need to spend more money. My budget is 50K. Please suggest the best option. 32 inch is bare minimum requirement for me. I am wondering if I should go for a 4K TV Instead. 1440p 144hz can be a middle compromise but then I want to multi task. so higher resolution will help with ppi...

Can any body comment on 1440p 144hz vs 4K 60hz?

Edit: I am no longer considering M7 due to lower maximum brightness (250 nits) compared to lenovo 350 nits maximum brightness.
1440p(QHD) 144hz is the budget choice, and it is rightly so, coz, there are various reasons, any decent brand is only supporting 400+ nits as of now, that is below par, in theory, 600+ nits is the right basic measurement for HDR. No brand is supporting yet, so investing money in below par devices should be minimal, that drives down to brands available in the market that keeps their words with atleast the promised 400+ nits, i would suggest ASUS TUF VG27AQL1A 27 Inch WQHD is a killer, If u go for bit low budget, LG 27GL850 , further low would be ACER VG271U. in 27" sector. ....And add the RMA support factor.

IMHO, for QHD - 32" is the best choice, 27" will be good too, PPI will be good equally the small fonts may not be advisable for the longevity of human eye's vision, so in current scenario, don't make hasty decisions, wait for few weeks, as there are new flowers gonna blossom until christmas in terms of MONTH DEC 2021, and then go for the choices u get.

4K@ 60Hz is really great, IMHO, atleast 36" - 39" will be the right size for 4K Visual pleasure, condensing it to 32" is not my personal choice. :)

Disclaimer: There may be better brands available in the market, which i am not aware of,, i have presented only those brands which appeared in the experience of my life :p, so it is upto the buyer's discretion to scrutinize the brand which is relevant for his choice of work/life.

So I got the LG GL850 couple of days ago.

Display Port - Supports 2K with 144 Hertz and 10 Bit Colors (GSYNC)
HDMI - Supports 2K @ 100 Hertz and it is 10 Bit Colors. Disable Freesync and you get 144 Hertz with 2K through HDMI.
HDMI - Supports 4K @ 60 Hertz but with 8 Bit Colors.

My Friend had the Asus model and I did not find the colors punchy, I guess it also lacks Wide Color Gamut which the LG has. You can clearly make difference while watching movies. I am not using HDR because I would rather prefer to use it with a Monitor that has 1000 nits and they are too expensive right now.
LG came up as factory calibrated too and had the calibration report too but I followed the guide from rtings to tweak it further.

I got it for 28250 and my friend bought it just a few months ago for 34k. I would suggest you to get it while the offer lasts. If you can spend money go for the BENQ 3280U, ooh boy, it is amazing or super gorgeous but response time is high and it is 60 hertz only.

Back