Graphic Cards 6850 and 6870 reviews

AMD do have 3D support now , it works in exactly the same way the nvidia stuff does , the glasses you need for it to work will be sold by 3rd party vendors and not by amd themselves. I think in a week you will see a dealer put up a preorder and then you will know when you will be able to get your hands on one, shouldnt be too long really mid next month they should be pretty readily available.

Ati does better hardware every time but i fear only because of their drivers !! HD 5850 is nice powerful one because of their drivers its not @ full potential ! Nvidia hansdown for their drivers !

^^ A little, with HD6850 being a bit hotter(reference design) but guzzle lesser load power(only about 20W), and performance is up, or down 5% in different games.
Nowhere did I see a 2x Unigine or Tessellation boost as mentioned in AMD slides for the HD6870.

muzux2 said:
^ HD6870's are even able to stay on the heels of GTX480 SLI in some titles..
The CFX scaling is phenomenal:O...I wonder if its an improvement in the HD 6000 series or its only this good for Barts...because IIRC even the junipers(especially the HD 5770) had exceptional CFX scaling.

main thing that is to be asked when this card will be launched in india and at what price..i knows reviews are good but what it will cost to us when it is released..'

so main thing is the cost of this card/.,..

inspite of its good performance i will only prefer gtx 460 bcz of their good driver support..so hoping for some price cuts on gtx 460 :)

i had bought sap 5850 few months back... was scared if i had made wrong investment... but 6850 is not that better than 5850.

actually its the same. but i guess the difference is in the price. i got this one at 16k. 6850 might be at about 13k

People are really hyper about prices in India.

There is a simple rule which most graphic card companies at least are following today in India.

1. What is the MSRP of the reference card in USA? Eg: $299

2. Multiply it by 50. $299 x 50 = ~- Rs.15000

3. +-10% at the very maximum.

So expect a $300 MSRP card for Rs.13500-16500 approx. Approx around 15k.

speedyfreak said:
I most games The OCed GTX 460 beats HD 6870 @ stock !!

If GTX 460 Price Cuts Then Many of us have to reconsider Buying HD 6870 !!

It's not just about the performance in terms of scores or FPS.. IRL the difference between a few FPS is hardly noticeable.

Take a look at the power, temp & even noise to get the whole picture.. lower power consumption is always a BIG +ve as well as an even bigger +ve for lower temperatures.

Thats what makes the newer gen ATI cards a winner overall.

mach9 said:
It's not just about the performance in terms of scores or FPS.. IRL the difference between a few FPS is hardly noticeable.

Take a look at the power, temp & even noise to get the whole picture.. lower power consumption is always a BIG +ve as well as an even bigger +ve for lower temperatures.

Thats what makes the newer gen ATI cards a winner overall.

Compared with 460 ,Ati 6850 consumes less power but creates more heat :(

impulse1992 said:
guys any news about 6770???
is it even gonna be released
the 57xx series will be renamed to 67xx series n that will happen in say Jan or Feb.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

rajuwaste said:
Compared with 460 ,Ati 6850 consumes less power but creates more heat :(
really, it creates only 2 degree's more than a 460 1gb

Back