Graphic Cards 7900Gt for $240 or 1900XT FOR $355

The deed is done...the nvidiot within has won...just ordered the 7900GT KO 500/1500 584-board from newegg along with a nice fleXiglow mousepad which glows an nvidia green..lol.Hoping to take the thing to 575/1600 atleast when it arrives on Wed or Thu.A copy of the latest Hitman game is included..how is it...must be worth atleast $20 retail so a good deal overall.

LOL..kai baar apne views ke liye suffer karna padta hai...guess the initial setting was not stable, crapped on second run on '06, however I lowered it to 535/1530 and everything is good,...will post pics etc. soon.Idles at 54c, 67 C on load with rthdr.

True but for now 535/1530 seems just fine...eVGA hasn't released any Superclocked versions on the new batch so far..may be they lowered a few voltages for stability as well..I'm not one to complain I would rather have a rock stable card at 500/1500(the default for the new KO)than try to achieve GTX speeds on a card that could crap out anytime.

Always suspected Ati was a buggy affair...couldn't get Far Cry to work for the life of me..after two installs and a mobo change as well..with Nvdia its runs very well again..who needs HDR+AA when the game won't run in the first place...

well 1 thing i dislike is the flicker 1800XT gives on startup and also everytime I launch

catalyst CC...n def the UI isnt great...but nothing else to complain other than that...This is my first ATI card and everytime I see the flicker on startup it annoys me coz nvidia cards never did that...But image quality wise its awesome....also i didnt expect the wireframe on 3d apps to b so crisp with ATI...its very neat....now if only they cud get the flicker sorted...

Pandit said:
Always suspected Ati was a buggy affair...couldn't get Far Cry to work for the life of me..after two installs and a mobo change as well..with Nvdia its runs very well again..who needs HDR+AA when the game won't run in the first place...

LOL you are seriously a moron. Do your research first before blaming ATI :p. You need patch 1.4beta to get farcry to work on x1900/x1800 cards cos older patches don't recognize it. With patch 1.4, I get HDR+AA as well which you nvidiots can only dream about :tongue:

yeah right...may be Ati just doesn't like me...rofl..anyways I got what I wanted as simple as that..if I don't like it a few months down the line I'll wait till it is outta stock RMA it and get something else.As an example if u return ur 7800GT now u get a refund, even if a different SKU of the same card is in stock u still get a refund, what can be better?God bless newegg.

Funky said:
You dont even need to use ccc. You can use older version CP just fine. or there is ati tray tool. Also even with CCC installed you can do all changes without opening CCC right from ATI icon in the taskbar. I havent opened ccc in a month :p
And use dot net 2.0 its faster. loads ccc way faster.

i can understand what hes talking about with ATi drivers..... the x1900xt has been my first ATi card and although i enjoy the performance drivers are kindof annyoning :)

6.4 cat's had some SERIOUS issues with oblivion, and i tried using the Old CP....problem some 3d settings were missing with it...and no built in ocing..

2D performance is also better on nvidia cards imho

Nvidia drivers are stremlined, native ocing....not memory hogs and work!!

lol....ATi is awsome tho....x1900xt is one friggin hot card tho O_O
and wow...i feel like an idiot because i bought my HIS x1900xt for 480usd retail with a 50usd rebate that i missed!!! and this was 2 months ago >_< OMG :mad:

Back