8gb kingston pendrive for rs. 350!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ashu_dps said:
Guys i myself have seen those drives and have even been to that shop on ground floor and got my PSP's 4GB card from them. It was 4-5 months back. He quoted 700 for the 8GB but believe me it just smelled FAKE. The plastic on it looked so cheap,the packing was of cheap quality as if done in some "LAGHU UDYOG" (Cottage Industry) :p and yes it was a white Kingston.
Take my words for it, its 100% fake but, i've been using the fake memory card from the same shop which i got for something near 1K while it retailed for much higher, the original version, and it has been working flawlessly since then so maybe this could be also the same stuff. U cant expect warraanty/guarrantee even if the shopkeeper says so but atleast it might work and work till ur luck has it.

lol! i think ill get some 2X4gb pen drives for 100-150 bucks odd after low-balling and use them as a vista/xp install dump, so that i dont need to carry cds/dvds :rofl:.

rushabht said:
lol! i think ill get some 2X4gb pen drives for 100-150 bucks odd after low-balling and use them as a vista/xp install dump, so that i dont need to carry cds/dvds :rofl:.

+1 , please ask that guy how much further lower can he go on the price if u take in bulk.....heheheh :clap:

a friend of mine got it from delhi...da shopkeeper said 6 months warranty n all..

500 bucks for 8 GB drive...It replicates files when u fill data above 2 GB.. a single file of 4 GB works...

he came back to bombay.. so cant get it replaced..

Please confirm if amitmishra12 got lucky..:)

I have heard of a similar thing. A friend's colleague bought a 32GB "Sony" for Rs.900 from Palika!! I doubt it's genuine, and since I store some data permanently on pen drives, data loss is not something I would not want to risk.

Last year I bought a 512MB Kingston from Futurebazaar.com on a special Rs99 deal

Complete with Bill and 5 yr warranty insert.

After 4 months, It went kaput.Local kingston service center said it was not genuine kingston.

Actually Kingston USA site says its a discontinued model

and the morons at the 1800 India Kingston helpline say, no such model exists

Hence be carefull

Dude my friend bought a 16GB chinese pen drive which ues to show a storage capacity f 1TB + DATA. Can you show us a pic of the drive you bought?
No offences bro.

I think amitmishra has got scared after seeing the amount of ppl that are interested in a go :rofl:. Plus if someone gets a new drive that is kaput the shipping will make this a deal breaker

Hey I got that same stuff for just 250 bucks :p, it was a green & white kingston 8 GB pen drive. Actually its a chineese stuff so didn't offer any warranty. When it was new it worked fine but later it was a mess, sometimes it gets detected on some pc and sometimes not. Sometimes it show the copied material in the drive sometime missing.My dear friend you are lucky if it works perfectly for you :)

infamous said:
Hey I got that same stuff for just 250 bucks :p, it was a green & white kingston 8 GB pen drive. Actually its a chineese stuff so didn't offer any warranty. When it was new it worked fine but later it was a mess, sometimes it gets detected on some pc and sometimes not. Sometimes it show the copied material in the drive sometime missing.My dear friend you are lucky if it works perfectly for you :)
Hi guys,

I got an 8GB Kingston drive from palika about a year ago for about Rs. 800. I was carrying my laptop, and i tested it and it seemed to be working fine (it was a little slow). I didn't have much use for it so I lent it to a friend who needed to do backups from an old system. Long story short, the drive was a complete waste of money. It creates 24KB files instead of copying the actual data.

Please be wary of Kingston drives (Green and White).

Incidentally, I'm looking to sell an 8GB pen drive. The cover has come apart a little bit. ;)

it s been 2 days since i got the drive and its not working now LOL will be goin to pallika tommorw to get it replaced sorry for the thread i also didnt know it ll show up like this and it was i think refurbrished one!

Hahahaa.... LOL

SO the bubble burst :rofl:

Those always looked like used and packed locally like i said, in "LAGHU UDYOG" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back