A noob's guide on buying consoles!

I am confused whether to go for the Xbox 360 4GB Slim or the 250GB Slim. This will be my first console and I will mostly be playing online. I don't know yet which games will I be playing. Please advice. Thanks.

Take 250Gb Slim if you prefer to install the game on HDD which is recommended for long playing hours as it reduces the chances of lens going bad in long terms also lets you have better load time in games.

Guys I need some advice. I'm getting a deal for a 160GB slim PS3 + FIFA 12 (both new) for 215 Euro, somewhere around 14k. Is it a good deal or not? Will be buying the discs, so I'm not really keen on JB. Is the pricing okay or is it too high?

I'm a console n00b, so apologies for any stupid questions.

Guys I need some advice. I'm getting a deal for a 160GB slim PS3 + FIFA 12 (both new) for 215 Euro, somewhere around 14k. Is it a good deal or not? Will be buying the discs, so I'm not really keen on JB. Is the pricing okay or is it too high?

I'm a console n00b, so apologies for any stupid questions.

I would suggest you not to get that deal. 160 GB PS3 isn't that costly, and moreover FIFA 12 is a sports game, and sports games drop in value very fast.

A brand new PS3 with 320 GB + Uncharted 3 is available for 290 euros from Amazon, rather get that mate.

I would suggest you not to get that deal. 160 GB PS3 isn't that costly, and moreover FIFA 12 is a sports game, and sports games drop in value very fast.

A brand new PS3 with 320 GB + Uncharted 3 is available for 290 euros from Amazon, rather get that mate.

Would your opinion change if you knew I was buying the PS3 mainly for the FIFA 12 game? I'm curious to know.. I might play a few other exclusives, but it's mostly for FIFA 12.

You see I'm not a serious gamer, so I'd probably spend months on just one game. And I won't be storing stuff in the PS3 hard drive too. So d'you think its worth it to get 160 GB extra and end up paying another 40 Euro for the FIFA 12 game anyway? Darn I'm confused.
<

If only my dad would've got me one when I was in Hyderabad!

Would your opinion change if you knew I was buying the PS3 mainly for the FIFA 12 game? I'm curious to know.. I might play a few other exclusives, but it's mostly for FIFA 12.

You see I'm not a serious gamer, so I'd probably spend months on just one game. And I won't be storing stuff in the PS3 hard drive too. So d'you think its worth it to get 160 GB extra and end up paying another 40 Euro for the FIFA 12 game anyway? Darn I'm confused.
<

If only my dad would've got me one when I was in Hyderabad!

Alright. I play a lotta FIFA 12 myself but on the PC
<

See, i think, you always run outta space, right now you might think 160gb is enough, but believe me, it never is.

As it is, right now, hard disc prices all over the world has gone crazy, so i would still strongly suggest you to get the 320 gb console.

But if you're sure you don't want to get a 320 GB ps3, get a 160 PS3. You can always change hard disc later, it's an easy process too.

If you have any other question, do ask, i'll surely answer if i can
<

Alright. I play a lotta FIFA 12 myself but on the PC
<

See, i think, you always run outta space, right now you might think 160gb is enough, but believe me, it never is.

As it is, right now, hard disc prices all over the world has gone crazy, so i would still strongly suggest you to get the 320 gb console.

But if you're sure you don't want to get a 320 GB ps3, get a 160 PS3. You can always change hard disc later, it's an easy process too.

If you have any other question, do ask, i'll surely answer if i can
<

Mate, that offer's gone now. The next best deal I can get is a 320 GB Ps3 with Uncharted 3 and Faster Blue Ray + Fifa 12 for 250 GBP approx around 19k. What d'you think about this? Good deal or should I wait for a lower price?

Mate, that offer's gone now. The next best deal I can get is a 320 GB Ps3 with Uncharted 3 and Faster Blue Ray + Fifa 12 for 250 GBP approx around 19k. What d'you think about this? Good deal or should I wait for a lower price?

Both the deals are very good. UC3 is a GOLD game and the other bundle has a FIFA 12 which you would buy anyway
<
Choose either of them i'd say.

No actually the bundle is PS3 + UC3 + Faster and I added a Fifa 12 to my basket and the checkout value I get including shipping is 250 Pounds. But awesome that I have an expert's seal of approval, I'll be buying it this monday after I get a bit of cash infusion in my account.
<

No actually the bundle is PS3 + UC3 + Faster and I added a Fifa 12 to my basket and the checkout value I get including shipping is 250 Pounds. But awesome that I have an expert's seal of approval, I'll be buying it this monday after I get a bit of cash infusion in my account.
<

Good deal dude! You should get it soon
<

Both the deals are very good. UC3 is a GOLD game ..

Aw come on man.. dont Eulogise uc3 like that.

Its a decent game of the franchise. Def a must play, can hold on its own against few other games bla bla bla but nothing like great shakes if u compare with the other two from its franchise.

@Daniel

The deal is pretty good overall, and get it.
<

guys ... i will be buying a ps3 320 gig model soon.... but in a huge dither.... which model should i buy so that it can be easily jailbroken ??

please help

guys ... i will be buying a ps3 320 gig model soon.... but in a huge dither.... which model should i buy so that it can be easily jailbroken ??

please help

please help

If you want to get a new console and make sure it's > 3.55, look for display consoles in various shops and manually check their FW version. A friend of mine had to do that, and got some % off the MRP too as the console was a display unit.

> will be <

Its not about the model bro. Its about the Firmware. If its <=3.55 you can jailbreak it. If its >3.55 then you cannot unless you have a downgrader.

what is a downgrader ? can you please shead some light on that please bro

If you want to get a new console and make sure it's > 3.55, look for display consoles in various shops and manually check their FW version. A friend of mine had to do that, and got some % off the MRP too as the console was a display unit.

> will be <

thats a good option man.... in my locality they have some old ps3 I've been seeing them since past 6 months nobody have bought it you think i should get it ???

Back