A-VO-ID: Do a minimum RC of Rs.35 per 28days or No outgoing calls (Even with Main Balance!)

Just saw a thread on TeamBHP - Apparently the cheapest plans also block outgoing SMS. Tried to send an SMS with my Airtel number and it failed!

Sorry for bumping this thread, but Airtel has increased the minimum recharge to 155 from 99 for a couple of circles, rest of India to follow soon. Expect Jio and Voda to copy them as well.

Bad news if you keep more than 1 SIM active.
Good news if you're an investor in any of these 3 companies.

It was bound to happen sooner or later. This cheap pricing strategy from Jio which bleeded the telecom sector made it unviable for other telcos to continue with the same pricing in the long run.
I believe there will be more increase in prices with time as 5G penetration improves.

Sorry for bumping this thread, but Airtel has increased the minimum recharge to 155 from 99 for a couple of circles, rest of India to follow soon. Expect Jio and Voda to copy them as well.

Good time ahead for MTNL/BSNL

Just yesterday I did 99 recharge. I wish they don't discontinue 99. Already using 2 sims and not worth recharging Rs.200+ for both sims.

It was bound to happen sooner or later. This cheap pricing strategy from Jio which bleeded the telecom sector made it unviable for other telcos to continue with the same pricing in the long run.
I believe there will be more increase in prices with time as 5G penetration improves.
Jio's license should've been revoked the moment they bought Infotel Broadband (a shell company created only to acquire 4G license through backdoor).

Jio's license should've been revoked the moment they bought Infotel Broadband (a shell company created only to acquire 4G license through backdoor).
I wonder how the telecom landscape would be had that happened... Probably get a 2gb data per month instead of per day for 250-300rs.

I wonder how the telecom landscape would be had that happened... Probably get a 2gb data per month instead of per day for 250-300rs.
Right, because before Jio there were no improvements in technology at all. :rolleyes:
govt will probably destroy everything else rather than act on jio.
They already have. We had dozens of telcos in India. Now we have 3 excluding BSNL which is also gutted by the govt.

Right, because before Jio there were no improvements in technology at all. :rolleyes:
I am not talking about technology, I'm talking about what you would have gotten for your money. What do you think we would get for 250-300rs recharge now a day had Jio not entered the telecom industry?
I had no access to broadband and I was entirely depended on mobile data and it was hell.

I'd have been at peace with 50rs recharge every 3 months for just talktime with "unlimited validity" instead now i have to recharge like a monthly subscription just to keep my SIM alive and i have to pay for data i don't need.

I wish these companies would make a cheap 400-500rs plan with validity for an year just for calls with 0 data. Don't get me wrong, i get that data has gone cheaper but why can't the same happen for calls and validity. Nowadays many households have unlimited wifi making these data packs useless.

I am not talking about technology, I'm talking about what you would have gotten for your money. What do you think we would get for 250-300rs recharge now a day had Jio not entered the telecom industry?
I had no access to broadband and I was entirely depended on mobile data and it was hell.

As tier-1 and tier-2 cities were getting saturated, telecos were expanding in tier-3 town and beyond for revenue. It was may not have been fast but it was much better than what we have on our place. What Jio has done is to obliterate the market and left us with no options.

Now even if mobile data goes back to being hell (and it most certainly will as Jio's infrastructure starts aging) we will have no options to switch to or bargain with.
What do you think we would get for 250-300rs recharge now a day had Jio not entered the telecom industry?

What we're getting even now? Prices were coming down even without Jio. If you don't believe me then you can google yourself and compare prices from 2017 to prices from 2010-2012.
Here's an example:

Competition is good for customers. What Jio did (giving free service for 6 months) is called predatory pricing and it's illegal. That's why Amazon and Flipkart were targeted few months back. But Jio was allowed to run rampart.

What it has done is not only kill the existing telecom market but also tell foreign companies that it is futile to invest in India because Indian govt will support Jio first and foremost.

Also Jiofiber. Once it started, other companies started giving more speed for the same price. On the otherhand I can’t say that ‘unlimited’ 3300gb limit came bcz of jio or something else.

Back