A-VO-ID: Do a minimum RC of Rs.35 per 28days or No outgoing calls (Even with Main Balance!)

I used to think that way too, because jio was pretty crappy at the start, which is why i kept my primary vodafone number on standby for so long, but jio is now pretty flawless in the cities. There is no reason for me to keep another sim active here, and for the villages, where jio is actually crap, i have bsnl. It's not about 35 bucks a month, i just can't be arsed to keep tabs on two sims any more...

Same here, but I moved my primary from Airtel to Jio as well (Secondary has been on Jio for quite sometime, and is flawless). However, villages are still a minor issue and especially tier 3 cities. Moving primary back in December to another operator for redundancy.

redundancy primarily for city use or villages? and hence, which operator?

Redundancy for everywhere. Mostly will move back to Airtel, as Vodafone is worser in those 3rd tier cities and villages. Might keep a third Vodafone number as well :p

However, this is a very minor thing, and the area where I visit for work is having poor Jio coverage (have raised a request to Jio to do the needful, lets see). Otherwise, Jio has been nothing short of fantastic.

It varies too much based on location. In my house in my village, vodafone has fantastic performance even though airtel is better everywhere else. and my friend who works in one of the buildings opposite MBP mahape has absolutely pathetic jio coverage (major call drops, either due to congestion or tower switching), even though it's practically a stone's throw away from RCP.

This is a couple days old news, they haven't exactly challenged the new rules. All they told the operators is to inform the customers clearly and immediately after that they sent sms with the following details:

Hi,you are on new plan w.e.f 23Oct18. For best offers dial *121#. To extend service validity by 28 days recharge with RC24 or above (dial *444*24# to use TT bal)

ok, so what this means is instead of deducting Rs.20 per month for inactivity as previously they will now deduct Rs.35 and each month until none is left before the number gets deactivated

If you recharge with packages this 35 per month isn't necessary. I usually go with the 499 for 82 days with 2GB/day data allowance

I'm pretty sure everyone does.

TechEnclave: The forums where people can afford to buy ThreadRippers and iPhone Xs on launch date, and yet cry about 35 Rs recharge.

I didn't charge data much before, now its 2GB/day earlier it was that much for 4GB for an entire month and there was no carry over if anything was left. Then it became 10GB/month for that price again with no carry over.

My mom mostly uses the JioFi for long calls but her primary no. is Vodafone which is mostly unused nowadays. I had done a full talktime Rs 1000 recharge a couple of months back and today I had to do the 35 Rs recharge as her number was deactivated as per SMS. So they would get the remaining Rs 710 balance as free money which pissed me off quite a bit.
I am okay with the Rs 35 recharge but the MyVodafone app sucks donkey's a** and they have no option for automated recurring recharges which would be hassle free.
I am using a Vodafone RED Rs 499 plan with ULcalls and 30 GB per month with carryover upto 200 GB but the speeds are 2G at best.
After this I am really mulling doing a MNP to Jio Postpaid after using Vodafone only for 14 years.
BTW I have a 5k security deposit in VF for postpaid ISD calls. I guess I can kiss that goodbye in case of MNP right?

@AMG , pardon my lagginess !

we have 7 mobile connections.
only one is jio 4G [that was required just for my sister, who had a series of surgeries]
all other 6 connections are 2G prepaid ....

My mom mostly uses the JioFi for long calls but her primary no. is Vodafone which is mostly unused nowadays. I had done a full talktime Rs 1000 recharge a couple of months back and today I had to do the 35 Rs recharge as her number was deactivated as per SMS. So they would get the remaining Rs 710 balance as free money which pissed me off quite a bit.
I am okay with the Rs 35 recharge but the MyVodafone app sucks donkey's a** and they have no option for automated recurring recharges which would be hassle free.
I am using a Vodafone RED Rs 499 plan with ULcalls and 30 GB per month with carryover upto 200 GB but the speeds are 2G at best.
After this I am really mulling doing a MNP to Jio Postpaid after using Vodafone only for 14 years.
BTW I have a 5k security deposit in VF for postpaid ISD calls. I guess I can kiss that goodbye in case of MNP right?

Nopes, but you may have to fight for the deposit.

Would suggest to instead send port message and see what they are offering.

I'm pretty sure everyone does.

TechEnclave: The forums where people can afford to buy ThreadRippers and iPhone Xs on launch date, and yet cry about 35 Rs recharge.
What is use for me I don't live in India and only use my number for OTP purpose and in 90 days cycle I have to make a call to keep the number alive.

All incoming and outgoing calls on my Voda postpaid stopped suddenly. Did they disable the sim? I can't even call help line number. I emailed voda cc and no response from them yet. people calling my number get some message that this number is not existing or something. :O

I did not make outgoing calls on this number for a few weeks. Only used it for sms, data or incoming. Could this be a reason? afaik, even using data or sms should not shut off phone number?

maybe i should port to jio now.

All incoming and outgoing calls on my Voda postpaid stopped suddenly. Did they disable the sim? I can't even call help line number. I emailed voda cc and no response from them yet. people calling my number get some message that this number is not existing or something. :O

I did not make outgoing calls on this number for a few weeks. Only used it for sms, data or incoming. Could this be a reason? afaik, even using data or sms should not shut off phone number?

maybe i should port to jio now.
You paid the last bill right? In that case they have no standing to disconnect your number keeping in mind Postpaid is a steady income source unlike prepaid.AFAIK churn period is 90 days but that too for prepaid.

Another jhumla from Airtel - RC23 Just to extend Validity.

I think there's a need for Telecos to Have plans like Jio with 20-25% higher tariff, I think people are ready to pay them EXTRA for their coverage.

There's need to for Talktime based or 1p/sec based tariffs.

Back