A World Without the United States. Post your opinions

Can India ever become super power like america.:confused:

With all due to respect to my India and fellow Indians. India will never ever become super power, maybe super power's ally so that we can thump our chest. Just a delusion it is. We are only fit to follow others who promise to give us riches. How do you think we will lead? Heard of Divide and Rule? :D. Or just about any inter state issues in India now?. You really think India will ever become super power?

We will get our ass handed to us every time. Sad and Sorry but true.

India will never ever become super power, maybe super power's ally so that we can thump our chest.

If one thinks of, let's say 1920's or 1850's or around that, priority question for people of India was , will we ever be able to get freedom, independence. Guess what?

Now the priority question for us is, can we be a super power? Wait and watch. It's people like you who think, "we can never do it" , instead "we can". I know this may sound as such BS.

There are people who think " I'll work hard and get the top job at this top firm , may be such as Google, Apple, foxconn" and there are those people who think "We will be next Google" and they work for it. We may have to follow some guidelines , but heard of "Time pe gadhe ko bhi baap banana padta hai"?

Crap American propaganda. First part was interesting. As soon as I saw random bible quotes, maintenance of peace, free trade, I started skipping.
That did perk me up as well and i checked out the source and you have your answer. They took something from zakaria and then decided to insert their own messages. A bad copy paste job.

maintenance of peace, free trade however is true. Just dissociate it from the first part.

if the US goes away we will be looking at a much more uncertain & chaotic world. They will not militarily speaking fortunately.

Imo, if a third world war begins, America will be the one to start it. Poking their nose everywhere where not required and giving billions in aid money and arms to small terrorist organizations.
World would be much better place if USA and their arms factories just disappear.
You need to understand that was all part of the cold war. All their actions since ww2 could be argued on the lines of maintaing stability and promoting free trade.

Last edited:
They whine about India and China polluting too much etc.
no, bush was the one that said the us would follow if India & china put curbs on emissions which ofc isn't going to happen. Republicans were the biggest opponents to the global warming movement.

But they were the ones who put curbs on nuclear power and uranium supplies on our country from the 70's. No country was willing to give us uranium for our power reactors.
It was the Canadians who were pissed off he most. Their reactors were used for unintended purposes. They trusted us. NPT started off because of India.

Burn coal a bit, and they say we pollute too much. Bastards.
ignore it, germany the green captial of the world is using more coal now since they are religiously against nuclear reactors after Fukushima.

Contrary to us, they have huge arsenal's of nuclear missiles waiting to be dropped on countries. More than India, USA is the one country that should be put under lots of sanctions for dropping the atom bomb.
Ended the war though was not the sole factor to do it.

Don't forget, the billions in aid they give to Pakistan's ISI every year to maintain standoff between India and Pakistan.
They're probably thinking of putting up a military base there to use against us or China.
US views on Pakistan have taken a turn in the opposite direction since the last few years. When it comes to the subject of Pakistan, American & Indian views are coincident.

Realise that so long as as Pakistan was the cheapest route for materiel into Afghanistan there was not too much the US could do. Had their relations with Iran been better, Pakistan would not even be in the picture.

USA is practically running the United Nations now days. All the rest of first world countries are just dumb idiots. All of them are allies of USA anyway. Britain, Germany, France are all morons.
heh, no the UN is something the US puts up with.

^^ why do you guys always have to drag india into each and every discussion? I thought the thread was about the USA. I am an indian and know about india as much as you do.

All I'm saying is the US has been, is and will be in the forseable future a center for innovation. There is a reason you use Google instead of Yandex, Twitter instead of Sina Weibo. There is a reason Flipkart was started by ex Amazon employees instead of ex IRCTC employees.

It's best not to debate about religion as it may offend a lot of people and ours is a tech forum . Anyhoo on a lighter note without america there would be no mc Donald's , dominoes and most important of all no PLAYBOY .

read first line. then read the last line. spotted bible and prophecy in the last line... meh!

^^ why do you guys always have to drag india into each and every discussion? I thought the thread was about the USA. I am an indian and know about india as much as you do.
Because its much easy to fill threads with that and pretend to be a thinker. So you have

"world without america" -- indians are cheap, india is shit hole (no arguements there but the context was, what exactly? )
flipkart is blocking fdi - indian companies or ergo indians are so bad
what next,
my bowel movement is not good -- yeah indian food is bad ergo indians are bad ;)

I laugh out loud when people think USA or any other country for that matter are some kind of super power!

I would love an world without USA, needless to say. I don't like dumb and ****ing racist people.

Back