A World Without the United States. Post your opinions

Are you kidding...??? You are grossly deluded.... Its high time you strip yourself of wool of fake patriotism you have over your eyes and open them to the realty.

India IMO is by far the most discriminative country in the world. The extent of display of racism in US or Australia is nothing before India. Not only is skin color based discrimination (particularly against foreigners) wide spread in India, but in addition, caste, religion, region, gender and economic status are all basis for discrimination. Heck, people are discriminated against because of physical and mental disabilities. You are talking about spitting in burgers and puncturing of tyres, here in India, expression of discrimination ranges from as simple as stereotyping/profiling and targeting people on whims to as big a crime as murder, rapes, extreme torture and humiliation. And yes, the extreme variety of this expression is so much of an everyday occurrence in India that people don't even bother knowing about it.

Not a single day goes by without hearing about cases of people getting robbed, humiliated, raped, tortured and murdered because they belong to a lower caste, minority group or because they are foreigners or because they belong to a different region of the country. Rest assured that rarely does anything in the scale of what happens in India on everyday basis, happens in another country and when it does, Indians would be the first to point fingers at them.

+ Infinity to this.

And add to this. I have seen my "highly educated" friends talk and act like this.

Once I heard a friend of mine talk about his marriage party the day before his marriage. They were all drunk, they were shooting guns. And one guy got shot in his head and died on the spot. and he went on to talk about his marriage. I was, WTF. A guy got killed?. I asked him again to clarify. he said. It happens. they told the police the same. no one was even arrested!!. Another Northie friend of mine pulled me aside and said "I understand you confusion, but at his place these are normal".

Another time, we heard about honor killing. And some of my "highly educated" friends supported it. STRONGLY.

Indians are shitty. We make India the toilet.

+ Infinity to this.

And add to this. I have seen my "highly educated" friends talk and act like this.

Once I heard a friend of mine talk about his marriage party the day before his marriage. They were all drunk, they were shooting guns. And one guy got shot in his head and died on the spot. and he went on to talk about his marriage. I was, WTF. A guy got killed?. I asked him again to clarify. he said. It happens. they told the police the same. no one was even arrested!!. Another Northie friend of mine pulled me aside and said "I understand you confusion, but at his place these are normal".

Another time, we heard about honor killing. And some of my "highly educated" friends supported it. STRONGLY.

Indians are shitty. We make India the toilet.

Woah man. Its best to stay away from such friends. I dont want to ignite any racist flares, but i feel proud to be an Oriya. I have seen oriya , bengali and southern guys have deep bonding and deep care within friends and family and generally can do anything for their wellbeing. I am glad not to have been brought up in a culture where people are indifferent to their friend getting killed in a party.

+ Infinity to this.

Um. You do see the irony of your post, don't you? Specially when quoting a "Indian are most discriminatory" people?

No. I didn't see the Irony. I was mind ****ed and a friend of mine clarified it. We weren't discriminating anyone. What did you find ironic about that?

You may not know this about me. But I wasn't much aware or experience the difference in our various culture until I moved out of Kerala for my second job.
Until then, even though I had many friends from many religions, there wasn't much of a difference between us. We go to Temples&Churches in our school and college trips, We go to Ifthar parties, We go to temple&church when our friends have religious ceremonies. We accompany them for company. We eat the same type of food.

Perhaps I was oblivious. Only after I moved out of Kerala I found there is a HUGE population that doesn't eat Beef!!!. Do you know someone actually said I belong to a family of animals when I said I was eating beef? I didn't knew what to respond. As it was a office party. in US. I just didn't know what to respond.

I am not saying Kerala was perfect or something. At least when I was growing up, I had a very very understanding and tolerant friends. I am grateful for them.
And might I add, I completed till my 12th in a Christian school with 95% friends of any other religion other than christian. :). Even then not even 1 incident or bad experience.

Do you know someone actually said I belong to a family of animals when I said I was eating beef? I didn't knew what to respond.
Why I am not surprised? Don't know about your US friends. But majority of Hindus think eating beef is really bad. Even our retarded gov made cow slaughter ban to appease Hindu voters. If so, why not ban for pig, lamb or chicken?

another reason how our country is filled with retards.

No. I didn't see the Irony. I was mind ****ed and a friend of mine clarified it. We weren't discriminating anyone. What did you find ironic about that?
Now I don't want to be mean but then your post made me do this ;)
Let me put it as an example. Lets say an american is talking about Indians "discriminatory practices". And he says "Yea, you know the nigger who sits next to Bob, told me about it. They even shoot people at marriages".
On being asked, if he felt ironic making that comment, he further says no man, I dont see the irony. I was shocked and an indian colleague of mine clarified it.
Does that sound correct? You tell me. specially when you just quoted and bashed people for being discriminatory.
You may not know this about me. But I wasn't much aware or experience the difference in our various culture until I moved out of Kerala for my second job.
Until then, even though I had many friends from many religions, there wasn't much of a difference between us. We go to Temples&Churches in our school and college trips, We go to Ifthar parties, We go to temple&church when our friends have religious ceremonies. We accompany them for company. We eat the same type of food.

Perhaps I was oblivious. Only after I moved out of Kerala I found there is a HUGE population that doesn't eat Beef!!!. Do you know someone actually said I belong to a family of animals when I said I was eating beef? I didn't knew what to respond. As it was a office party. in US. I just didn't know what to respond.

I am not saying Kerala was perfect or something. At least when I was growing up, I had a very very understanding and tolerant friends. I am grateful for them.
And might I add, I completed till my 12th in a Christian school with 95% friends of any other religion other than christian. :). Even then not even 1 incident or bad experience.
For rest of this. I can only say lolwut. If you really want to go to that level. Me personally visit even mosques too, in spite of being an Hindu, I can recite opening quotes of the Quran too. Yeah I don't eat beef though. But that hasn't got anything to do with it, is it?

Now I don't want to be mean but then your post made me do this ;)
Let me put it as an example. Lets say an american is talking about Indians "discriminatory practices". And he says "Yea, you know the nigger who sits next to Bob, told me about it. They even shoot people at marriages".
On being asked, if he felt ironic making that comment, he further says no man, I dont see the irony. I was shocked and an indian colleague of mine clarified it.
Does that sound correct? You tell me. specially when you just quoted and bashed people for being discriminatory.
For rest of this. I can only say lolwut. If you really want to go to that level. Me personally visit even mosques too, in spite of being an Hindu, I can recite opening quotes of the Quran too. Yeah I don't eat beef though. But that hasn't got anything to do with it, is it?

Ok. When I replied to your post I thought I thought you can understand the context properly. It seems you don't.

What you said is discriminating, the context and words proves that. Lets not talk about that then. In my case it didn't. You just have to take my word for it. If you still think its not, then its not.

You can lolwut or dolwut. public forum. Again, you seem to loose something called context. I just would ignore your posts about this topic from now then. :D Different contexts.

Last edited:

North India is extremely polarized on religion. I remember a Kerala colleague telling me, that beef is available in his town. I could not believe him, to be honest. Here it would be blasphemy. I could probably cite many incidents like this, since I lived in North India all my life. I remember once: 3-4 colleagues refused to sit with me at a table, since I had mutton curry in my food box. This is one of India's biggest MNCs...! It is stupid and weird at the same time. Indians are the biggest hypocrites on Earth. Being outright rude to someone due to ones self ideology is something not acceptable in today's world. Sadly, Indians thrive at this, and it is sickening to the core.

Ok. When I replied to your post I thought I thought you can understand the context properly. It seems you don't.

What you said is discriminating, the context and words proves that. Lets not talk about that then. In my case it didn't. You just have to take my word for it. If you still think its not, then its not.

You can lolwut or dolwut. public forum. Again, you seem to loose something called context. I just would ignore your posts about this topic from now then. :D Different contexts.
It seems you don't get the context or rather understand what I am trying to say. You used word "a northie friend" which in my view shows a bit (if not more) discrimination. I am certainly not talking about the situation where you guys discussed about the whole killing part etc.
Frankly there was no need for a proclamation there, you could anyways ignore me. No harm done. ;)

But majority of Hindus think eating beef is really bad.
But only 30% of India can claim to be vegetarian. What you think is the common perception.

My way of looking at it is that it keeps the price down.

Even our retarded gov made cow slaughter ban to appease Hindu voters. If so, why not ban for pig, lamb or chicken?.
That law from the 60s which says cows should be allowed a full working life. Cows plough the field and are useful, what happens after is not defined. Old cows have less fat. Red meat in India is not the same as it is elsewhere. I had to tell a doctor this when he gave me the red meat spiel :D

Beef is the cheapest form of protein, ban it and you drive up the costs of all others. If you think food inflation is bad now, it will get even worse. For what ? to appease some parochial interests. hah.

Why I am not surprised? Don't know about your US friends. But majority of Hindus think eating beef is really bad. Even our retarded gov made cow slaughter ban to appease Hindu voters. If so, why not ban for pig, lamb or chicken?

another reason how our country is filled with retards.

8ba8oVe.jpg

Wow discussion has been changed from USA to India
hmm Polarization works well in north coz choosing a side matters there , if one chooses secular the other has no choice but to choose the opposite side In a third world country like ours the choice is not between Good or Bad here the choice are limited Bad or worse
so dont blame people for their choice as its more orientated towards "have to" rather "want to"

To OP if you really want to know or start discussion about USA quote from likes of Noam Chomsky or Elizabeth warren or any conservative or even a Tea Partier either liberal or conservative at least they stand their ground but Don't quote the likes of Fareed Zakaria coz he is a known ass kisser who like many minority portion of migrants to USA thinks only by praising America equals being patriotic forgetting the constructive criticism part

North India is extremely polarized on religion. I remember a Kerala colleague telling me, that beef is available in his town. I could not believe him, to be honest. Here it would be blasphemy. I could probably cite many incidents like this, since I lived in North India all my life. I remember once: 3-4 colleagues refused to sit with me at a table, since I had mutton curry in my food box. This is one of India's biggest MNCs...! It is stupid and weird at the same time. Indians are the biggest hypocrites on Earth. Being outright rude to someone due to ones self ideology is something not acceptable in today's world. Sadly, Indians thrive at this, and it is sickening to the core.

To make it clear, Keralaites eats more Water Buffalo than cow meat. What most Keralaites call 'beef' is Water Buffalo meat, not cow meat; Kerala X'ians generally avoid cow meat. It is different in other places, but specific in Kerala. Cow meat there is cheaper than Water Buffalo meat and Keralaites will be happy if cow meat is not available - that will reduce adulterated beef for them.

And about this article, all I can say is that it is without meat. Don't know what grass he is smoking. May be he used to write better articles earlier, but this one looks crap without any meaning. He seems to be so 'used to' with the bully that he can't imagine a life without one.

To make it clear, Keralaites eats more Water Buffalo than cow meat. What most Keralaites call 'beef' is Water Buffalo meat, not cow meat; Kerala X'ians generally avoid cow meat. It is different in other places, but specific in Kerala. Cow meat there is cheaper than Water Buffalo meat and Keralaites will be happy if cow meat is not available - that will reduce adulterated beef for them.

Buffalo and/or cow. Will be treated with the same amount of resentment if seen consumed here...! I get what you mean though..!

Hmmm.. We eat cow meat. Not buffalo meat. I know that very well. No idea if buffalo and water buffalo are the same or not though.

Back