Aadhaar card

Does it have any importance now? Just wondering cause other than subsidy on LPG (is it still there?) where can it be used? I have opened bank accounts without it. Though PC keeps asking banks to use it (based on god knows what rule) I am not sure they will adopt it.

Frankly, I am against providing biometric data. And all the illiterate literates (people who work in IT - supposedly Knowledge based jobs but cant find their ass with both hands if required) say I want to commit crime in future hence, want to avoid it. - Too much CID, I tell you :D
I have been avoiding it yet. All my family members have got it. They keep on forcing me to apply for it.
I just don't like the idea of all my biometric details being held by them.
Also they said that this would put a curb on illegal immigrants.
But i see that illegal immigrants are getting aadhar, pan cards and ration cards so easily.
So that is kind of legitimizing illegal immigrants.[DOUBLEPOST=1375168029][/DOUBLEPOST]
Its already lost its importance. Whatever subsidies people will get through this card will be removed by 2015. LPG, will come at market price by then. It will then fall on state government's shoulders to finance any subsidy they want to give. With most states in the red, its anyone's guess how long this will last. And more than 50% of population do not have this card yet.
They said that they would link Direct Cash Transfers to Aadhar card.

Sigh :bawling: .... all these heady discussions..... hey MODS puhleeese get some 'rationale' back into this thread.

It's high time this "Important Thread" is bifurcated into 2 parts as stated below

Part:
A] - Only "Aadhar" it's procurement/procedures & ongoing-clarifications
and Part

B] WDF - WhYYYY "AaDhAR" :depressed: :dead: :blackeye: :hilarious: :greyalien:
- It's flaws/doubts/fallacies/rotten-ness/hilarity/aam-aadmi ka passport/biometric hogwash/invasion of one's privacy :singing:/insufficient data on the final document/why shove it up my a#@*se when I DO NOT NEED IT/a doubtful future/personal data & tracking nightmare ........ an so on and so forth

So whaddya think TEians

:banghead:
Terry

They said that they would link Direct Cash Transfers to Aadhar card.
If there is no subsidy, there won't be any cash transfer.

Main reason aadhar was introduced was to make subsidies easier to reach the common man. Their main problem was pds system in which crores are lost in scams. Now in two years they will do away with pds system totally. So question of getting any money does not arise after all subsidies are removed completely.

Thanks understood this part.

1] However, how do I download my daughter's 'eaadhar' - when there is no mobile no in her status ?
(mobile no is mandatory for receiving the sms - to download & unlock the pdf)

2] Does the 'eaadhar suffice' as a document to be shown to the bank or do I have to wait for the 'smaller aadhar card to come by post'?

3] Is the aadhar no seen/generated on the 'eaadhar document' the Final 'aadhar no' ?

the eway to register for aadhaar card is so dumb.

i got my aadhar registration done in flat 10 minutes.

though will have to wait to get the actual aadhaar card.

the eway to register for aadhaar card is so dumb.

i got my aadhar registration done in flat 10 minutes.

though will have to wait to get the actual aadhaar card.

Gawd .... :banghead: It's obvious, that you have not read my earlier post.

I have done with all the earlier formalities. I and my wife have also printed out our e-aadhar cards/forms & now waiting for the final aadhar card by speed-post.

I wanted to know from other's who had registered for their children too (minor's & whose mobile no or email id does not exist) ..... of how they went about 'downloading the e-aadhar' card.

@terence_fdes

Just checked at the place where enrolments are going on. You can check the status of your Aadhar at http://uidai.gov.in/ under "Check your Aadhar Status" tab on the left column.

You need to enter the enrolment no. given in the acknowledgement copy. The lady sitting there told me to wait at least a month since the date of enrolment before checking for the status.

The main thing is whether the various places where they have made it sort of mandatory, will they give us services if we say we do not have adhaar card ?

So with all this hoopa about Aadhar card, tried to get registered for it ! Guess what, not rolled out in UP. Cannot see it on the website and no counters in Lucknow.

In my place the gas companies have started charging 990 for lpg cylinder. Those who have aadhar card and registered it with bank and gas company get subsidy back in their back accounts. That's around 540 I think.

System is a mess. And to top this the govt have planned to stop giving out lpg subsidies by 2015. So for one year of subsidies, people are lining up for hours outside gas company to register their uid numbers. Govt is biggest cheat in this country.

So with all this hoopa about Aadhar card, tried to get registered for it ! Guess what, not rolled out in UP. Cannot see it on the website and no counters in Lucknow.
They came to our company campus for registration. :D
We only had to get one document and the whole process got over in like 10 mins.

And the issue of illegal immigrants - SC directs government not to issue them Aadhar card.
But this stupid government have already gave them voter ID card, BPL card etc. (In Assam at least. Congress govt is sustaining on Bangladeshi vote bank)

no biometric information was taken?[DOUBLEPOST=1380008147][/DOUBLEPOST]
And the issue of illegal immigrants - SC directs government not to issue them Aadhar card.
But this stupid government have already gave them voter ID card, BPL card etc. (In Assam at least. Congress govt is sustaining on Bangladeshi vote bank)
There have been cases of multiple cards too. And the issue is not only limited to Assam, give money and you can become SC, ST, domicile certificates and what not.

Are you from UP ?
I still don't see a center in UP:

ovjVo6O.jpg

In my place the gas companies have started charging 990 for lpg cylinder. Those who have aadhar card and registered it with bank and gas company get subsidy back in their back accounts. That's around 540 I think.

System is a mess. And to top this the govt have planned to stop giving out lpg subsidies by 2015. So for one year of subsidies, people are lining up for hours outside gas company to register their uid numbers. Govt is biggest cheat in this country.
In my area we have till Feb next year to get a UID or pay double.

See, i'm still waiting to see the legal basis for aadhar. There is no act. Whatever authorisation that allowed aadhar t come into being was on a pilot basis. So how can they remove subsidies unless you have an aadhar card.

SC rules Aadhaar not mandatory for securing benefits

lol, a retired judge in my state filed a PIL :D

Last edited:
Subsidies are from central govt I think. Lpg and food subsidies are joint effort between center and state. Center says they will stop funding these subsidies by 2015. After 2015, its upto the states to continue with them or not.

Adhaar, is currently not legal IMO. But with Congress govt at center pushing govt offices to make it mandatory, its sort of become the in thing in govt offices to ask for it now.

How do you make any instrument mandatory without said instrument having a legal basis ? Only if the people do not push back.

What that article says is there is a difference between states when it comes to implementation and interpretation. But SC talks for everybody.

Let them try to deny subsidies and see how much noise gets made.

no biometric information was taken?[DOUBLEPOST=1380008147][/DOUBLEPOST]
There have been cases of multiple cards too. And the issue is not only limited to Assam, give money and you can become SC, ST, domicile certificates and what not.
Yes the biometric info was also taken.[DOUBLEPOST=1380023179][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are you from UP ?
I still don't see a center in UP:

ovjVo6O.jpg
am from Karnataka.

they wont take aadhar form from different agency. the aadhar forms have different bank name printed on them for different agencies. i saw a person & his family being turned down even when they had fully filled up form + docs since the form was of different agency. the guy told him to take it to the center from where he got it. it seems the agencies get some commission on each person they enrol, so they wont take other agencies forms.

It depends. Some months back the consultancy above my office (am also in a consultancy) invited the Aadhar team to facilitate the process. I apparently went the last day, and due to a client call did not avail this. BUT I did, fill out a form which I kept in my drawer. Come 5-6 months, I need to get a property registration in New Delhi, so Aadhar is mandatory (I am told this). They will not allow you 'inside' the new building without the Aadhar or the paper receipt which is generated at the time of the biometric scan.

So this is what happened.

1. I went to Hauz Khas PO as per the website.
2. The single room was locked, the officer had an accident, and the PO people scoffed me and said "we have nothing to do with Aadhar".
3. Went after some days (1 day). Notice on the door. Aadhar closed, contact: xxxxx xxxxx mobile number. Called it, switched off.
4. Searched on the web, found a new center running till 30/09/2013 (mentioned on their site), near my house.
5. Went there, they told me, Aadhar was over here, on 30th of last month.
6. Went to Mehrauli PO, and saw a line of around 200 villagers in front of me. Plus the PO were swearing MC/BC to everyone. One scanning unit. I left.
7. Went to the Mehrauli voting election office and requested a token. Said tokens start at 4 : 00 AM. Left.
8. Went to the SDM office at Mehrauli and found out it is shut, crowd was less.
9. Went next day and submitted form. Closed for lunch. (They took my form, which I mentioned in the paragraph above).
10. Ate chips and drank Frooti standing in the heat, and shared 1/2 cup tea with some government babus and chatted with them while they spat gutka. For 1.5 hours. Saw how all registrations (property / land / rental) here were happening via agents. Told this to my new 2 friends, how corruption is the only way, later to realize they work here. They smiled meekly at me.
11. Finally my number came. Did not ask for my PP which was in my pocket, and created my ID. He could not even type my home address location, so I went to the keyboard and punched it in. What the f*** was he verifying if he did not see my PP.
12. Got my Aadhar receipt. Head was spinning, skipped office.
13. Next day went to the e-SDM court with the property owner.
14. Aadhar photo copy was attached. At time of verification the property owner did not have the Aadhar. He told the officer -basically- to f*** off, and showed him his ex-servicemen card. Woolah.....Aadhar is not needed. I felt like an utter-dumb-f***.
15. We went inside the SDMs office for manual ink prints of thumb, again no Aadhar was asked. So idiotic.

Basically this is a moronic scheme to make money, and Congress is pushing it in constituencies where they hold power. It is next to impossible to get civil proceeding done without Aadhar (even marriage registration), but people get away with it. Such a menace and pain showered on us, by our government.

Once this requirement is made redundant, I will frame it, and hang it in my loo. So I am reminded daily, how much pain I went through for nothing, on the pretext of my national leaders.

Back