Aadhaar card

Doremon

Adept
Jun 17, 2009
Oil city!
I applied thru our own company drive in April-13.
In last week, SMS tweaked with my surprise. "Your Adhar card sent by post"!!
-Only 1 month!

eternoMind

Skilled
Aug 4, 2009
Suspected Chinese spy arrested from Dharamsala

Police have recovered an Indian voter ID card and Aadhar card from Tsering's possession.
Both the documents are registered at Chandni Chowk, Delhi.
"We are verifying the validity of the documents recovered from his possession and whether he has obtained Indian citizenship as he possessed an Indian voter ID card," the SP said.
According to police, Tsering entered India in 2009 via Nepal to reach Dharamsala a few days ago.
Referring to Tibetan intelligence reports, Thakur said Tsering was a member of the People's Liberation Army (PLA) of China and also served in the People's Armed Police Force (PAPF) before coming to India.
Police are probing the matter, he said.

pratikb

Skilled
Mar 2, 2011
Its already big zhol as its manned by third party and not under strict scrutiny of govt.so lots of similar cases.its about time

mach9

Das Layzeemeister
Skilled
Dec 17, 2007
Anywhere between 0 - 47000 feet
TOI Mumbai? Dog and chair have aadhar card too.

This is so stupid and idiotic.. I truly love to say this is indeed a Banana Republic and we are all Monkey electors. The absurdity that has been revealed CONSISTENTLY by the media of all the utter F*%&ups by this aadhar initiative is so shocking! especially because it fundamentally collects and collates BIOMETRIC identification!!! the UNIQUE God Given Identification characteristics of every human being & this jackassery just goes to show how truly untrustworthy this entire circus is!

If this idiotic shit happens at enrollment, God alone knows what can be said about all their promises of data security and accessibility. I'm sick and tired of seeing this story time and again with India wanting to ape the west and their systems. Given the state of governance and the utter horrific disregard for the law and the extent of scams, I sure as hell don't feel comfortable anymore having my biometric information in the hands of some buffoons who cant get through a simple enrollment procedure properly, let alone safeguard it.

blr_p

Skilled
Apr 11, 2007
even i've heard mixed reactions to this in tv. the opposition party politicians are saying its not mandatory for people to get aadhar cards since no law has been passed whereas the politicians from ruling party say it is required to pass on subsidies.
There is no legislation that defines it as yet.

I don't see how anybody can demand it without passing of the act first.

aadhar has no legal status as of this time.

mach9

Das Layzeemeister
Skilled
Dec 17, 2007
There is no legislation that defines it as yet.

I don't see how anybody can demand it without passing of the act first.

aadhar has no legal status as of this time.

AFAIK that's correct. IIRC there's a PIL pending against the Delhi Govt's decision mandating compulsory Aadhar card for some purposes and this has been challenged on the grounds that Aadhar was not conceived to be a compulsory enrollment initiative!

Here's the link to the articles.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India...mpulsion-govt-on-notice/Article1-1042988.aspx

http://www.firstpost.com/economy/de...entre-tells-court-it-is-voluntary-562071.html

Currently with the various courts on leave, I guess this will come up for hearing at a later date.

The PIL in the Madras High Court describes the executive order that constituted the UIDAI as being “arbitrary, illegal and unconstitutional.” It argues that it is the Parliament alone, and not an executive decision, that can authorise the formation of a body such as the UIDAI, which by collecting biometric data is intruding upon a citizen’s fundamental right to privacy.
The National Identification Authority of India Bill, 2010, that seeks the formation and defines the functions of the UIDAI is yet to be passed by Parliament.

And as is the case with the slip between cup and lip... so has it been with conception and execution/implementation with Aadhar.. The Govt's (center/states) all seem to be shooting themselves in the foot with contradictory statements in various responses to court clarifications... classic example with this reply

The government in its counter-affidavit has called legal challenges raised by the PIL as ‘false, untenable and unsustainable,’ maintaining that “the UID project does not violate any of the constitutional rights of the people of India. The UID scheme is not mandatory and residents have a choice not to enroll and provide their biometrics should they choose to.”

It is truly funny as it is pitiable, this entire UIDAI exercise

Reactions: blr_p

6pack

ex-Mod
Sep 19, 2005
To open a bank account in any bank, to get lpg gas connection, to get subsidies, etc aadhar number is being asked.

The govt has pushed the people against a hard wall by asking for it everywhere in all the most important day to day activities and then say that enrollment for this is not mandatory.

blr_p

Skilled
Apr 11, 2007
To open a bank account in any bank, to get lpg gas connection, to get subsidies, etc aadhar number is being asked.
And how did you ever open a bank account in the good old days ?

The govt has pushed the people against a hard wall by asking for it everywhere in all the most important day to day activities and then say that enrollment for this is not mandatory.
Same question

Since when did items that sufficed as proof become invalid.

mach9

Das Layzeemeister
Skilled
Dec 17, 2007

To my knowledge.. bank accounts etc.. the aadhar facility linkage is OPTIONAL and not mandatory. I just completed my KYC with my banks again since they needed it from people who had accounts prior to 2008.. and the aadhar linking was optional.

Your passport/PAN Card/Voters ID/Landline telephone bill/Electricity bill etc are still accepted - no questions asked.

If they ask for aadhar.. simply say you haven't enrolled and you have no need for it.

terence_fdes

wizened Dinosaur
Skilled
Feb 23, 2011
Mumbai
HELP

Daughter's (a minor) eaadhar card not yet generated.

My wife, daughter and I registered for aadhar on 04/06/2013. Me and my wife's eaadhar card has been generated and we have taken a printout of the same. However, in my daughter's case we the status remains ' Your Aadhaar number is under generation. Please check back after few days".

We also noticed that in my daughter's case the following fields [mobile and email] are marked as 'Not Given" in the Enrolment Acknowledgement/Resident Copy.
As she is a minor and not in possesion of a mobile no or email-id, we had provided my wife's (which was not entered).

I have just send an email to help@uidai.gov.in & dunno if they would reply

Note:
I have checked the 'Aadhar Self-Update Service Portal'
Dear Resident,
Welcome to Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal. UIDAI is committed to provide resident friendly eco-system and self service update portal is one of the various touch points to update their profile in 3 easy steps: STEP 1: Login with Aadhaar, STEP 2: Submit your Update Request and STEP 3: Upload Documents.
Note that Update here refers to any changes as well as corrections, if required, in resident´s original Aadhaar letter.

Can I upload my wife's mobile no for my daughter's case ?
Kindly let us know how to proceed, so as the verification-code (high security password :confused:) for downloading the eaadhar could be sent to my wife's phone.

Thanks
Terry

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
The eadhaar will not necessarily come together if the persons involved did the registration together. Me and my wife registered for adhaar on same day and her eadhaar SMS came one month after mine.

blkrb0t

It's Nothing Personal
Skilled
Nov 3, 2010
Skynet
is there a chance that the aadhar scheme would lose its importance, after change of govt, if it happens?
No. There is no going back now. Moreover, the opposition plays an important role in the functioning of the government. Our people are just fooled to think that only the ruling party does all he work. Every scheme, even the corruption scams, they are all hand-in-hand together :D

pradeep200417

Shunya
Adept
Apr 12, 2009
Mangalore
No. There is no going back now. Moreover, the opposition plays an important role in the functioning of the government. Our people are just fooled to think that only the ruling party does all he work. Every scheme, even the corruption scams, they are all hand-in-hand together :D
Aadhar itself had opposition from the Parliamentary committee and yet it is there here.
There is no Law for the this UID project, yet it kind of being made mandatory.
Over that i had read some new somewhere when ministers in the Union cabinet said that they were unclear about the project, whether it is a number or a card.
Whole thing is stupid anyway.

sharktale1212

Skilled
May 27, 2008
is there a chance that the aadhar scheme would lose its importance, after change of govt, if it happens?
Does it have any importance now? Just wondering cause other than subsidy on LPG (is it still there?) where can it be used? I have opened bank accounts without it. Though PC keeps asking banks to use it (based on god knows what rule) I am not sure they will adopt it.

Frankly, I am against providing biometric data. And all the illiterate literates (people who work in IT - supposedly Knowledge based jobs but cant find their ass with both hands if required) say I want to commit crime in future hence, want to avoid it. - Too much CID, I tell you :D

6pack

ex-Mod
Sep 19, 2005
Its already lost its importance. Whatever subsidies people will get through this card will be removed by 2015. LPG, will come at market price by then. It will then fall on state government's shoulders to finance any subsidy they want to give. With most states in the red, its anyone's guess how long this will last. And more than 50% of population do not have this card yet.

terence_fdes

wizened Dinosaur
Skilled
Feb 23, 2011
Mumbai
The eadhaar will not necessarily come together if the persons involved did the registration together. ...

Thanks understood this part.

1] However, how do I download my daughter's 'eaadhar' - when there is no mobile no in her status ?
(mobile no is mandatory for receiving the sms - to download & unlock the pdf)

2] Does the 'eaadhar suffice' as a document to be shown to the bank or do I have to wait for the 'smaller aadhar card to come by post'?

3] Is the aadhar no seen/generated on the 'eaadhar document' the Final 'aadhar no' ?