Aadhaar card

I check Aadhaar website for online booking and the center where I want appointment is full for the whole month and it doesn't take appointment of more than 30 days. Anybody did online booking for appointment?
My cousin informed me.... that in Mira road Aadhar guys are taking Rs 500/- for immediate screening and u don't need appointment or stand in line and somewhere in South Mumbai Rs 250/-....Corruption at its best....

Should I take the Aadhar online form and fill it coz this looks more understandable rather than what we are getting in centers.

they wont take aadhar form from different agency. the aadhar forms have different bank name printed on them for different agencies. i saw a person & his family being turned down even when they had fully filled up form + docs since the form was of different agency. the guy told him to take it to the center from where he got it. it seems the agencies get some commission on each person they enrol, so they wont take other agencies forms.

Finally done with Aadhar BS...
Have a few doubts though

1. Even after providing Bank details in the form those SOBs didnt digitally note it down..On asking them they told we do not do that now ...and u can add the bank details later from the bank...
so my question is the form we filled a true record...or the one they make a digital entry along with fingerprints/etc

2. Even after attaching my birth cert and ticking the verified tick box they didnt add my date as verified(just declared)...
so which data will be final the digital entry one or the form....

will they even look at the form again...what is the purpose of filling the form then if they dont...

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I'd like to share. There's a column to check for the consent to share aadhar info. Like others, I too ticked no, but on receipt I got yes. Actually everybody reported yes. I asked the in-charge about it, he simply ignored it by saying that "isse kya fark pad jayega". I was shocked. Then I asked the operator. He rechecked my details and shockingly said that "software me isko no karne ka option hi nahi hai", and even showed me. I didn't know what to say.

Yes those as.sholes dont enter some details ...unless you ask them to..
i had to force them to enter npr no/phone no/bank(which they didnt did even after asking)

1. yes. you can add bank details later too.
the digital entry is the one which will be final. but, you can update the details on uidai website if you find any mistakes in it.
2. does not matter whether age is declared or verified. it should match with dob on pancard.

npr no will be added by npr representatives. aadhar guys cant do that i guess. aadhar is like secondary id whereas npr is primary. all data from aadhar will be matched with npr and changes will be done in aadhar if required.

Applied On 27th jan 2013 Got the E Aadhar Card generated on 19th feb 2013..
Took a lazer Color Print out of it today and its done..
Will wait for the Physical Copy to come Via Speed Post
Cool :scared14:

Had npr registrations started already? What's the process?
If you already have aadhar card or the receipt of registration of aadhar, then you don't have to do much, just take the aadhar card or receipt to the registration centre and they will find your details using the Aadhar No. and give you a new receipt and its done. I went for the registration of NPR in December, but still haven't received the card

I and my family have yet to get this thingy (and it's getting on my nerves) :banghead:

Do they change (add/delete) the enrollment centres ?

Last month there were 3 of them in my zone - Mumbai > Andheri-East and today None [both "Andheri" & Andheri-West show up places in the west only.

Does the enrolment have to be done ONLY in one's municipal limits/zone - Can I do this at say Jogeshwari-East (which is also in the vicinity) ?

^^yes they keep on changing the centers and the dates on their website is not always correct. Always try calling the number mentioned.
You can do the enrollment ANYWHERE. People in my company are doing it here in Pune but address on their passport etc is of their hometown.

Btw i finally registered for this stupid card last weekend after standing 2+ hours in line. Was one of the first 100 so got the token.

^^yes they keep on changing the centers and the dates on their website is not always correct. Always try calling the number mentioned.
You can do the enrollment ANYWHERE. People in my company are doing it here in Pune but address on their passport etc is of their hometown.

Btw i finally registered for this stupid card last weekend after standing 2+ hours in line. Was one of the first 100 so got the token.

Shit..... man. Do I have to take my wife & daughter too - when I go there the first time to fill-up ?

I also read here that filling up the online form & submitting the same to them does not work [ one has to do it on the form supplied/stamped by them] WTF !

Shit..... man. Do I have to take my wife & daughter too - when I go there the first time to fill-up ?

I also read here that filling up the online form & submitting the same to them does not work [ one has to do it on the form supplied/stamped by them] WTF !

I entirely depends on the adhaar center and how they function. The one near my home in Mumbai would previously not take online downloaded forms. But later they did.
In most cases you go there stand in line and if you are one of the first 100 or so you get your turn on same date. And yes you will have to take your family.
But in case your center works in a way that say you go on one day and they give you a token for some other day then you need to go alone on the day to take token and when the actual token date is there, take your family.

the aadhar agency in my area did not take aadhar form of a person who had filled in a form of another area. he was told to go to the same place from where he got the form. btw, i heard that in the suburbs, the agencies are miserly in setting up comps for this activity. in my place the center had 3-4 computers in one room for registering people, whereas in many places they have just 1 or 2 comps. it takes 10 mins per person for entering all details and taking fingerprints and iris scan so imagine the number of people they can do in a day with just 2 computers instead of 4-5. ideally centers like andheri, goregaon, etc should have a dozen computers to handle the rush.

I am surprised that this Aadhar scheme is still running. The registration process has no control on duplicate/fake data. One can easily get multiple Aadhar cards. In the recent developments, Aadhar scheme is extended for dogs and trees. So if you have a dog or plants in your house then don't forget to bring them Aadhar camp.
http://www.siasat.com/english/news/aadhar-cards-come-pictures-trees-dogs

Dog+Aadhar.jpg

^ rofl. yeah, i had heard about this too. the whole thing is definitely a scam. all these cards will have to be printed, all data again taken, etc so it means more money spent.

Dammit .... I should have finished off this thing a year back, when they had started ..... and not a dog was then interested.

Now the queues are endless, besides the "agents" have also set-up camp ...... so for 250/500 they can speed up your job.

I think they have not set any deadline when to wind up or is Dec 31, 2013 the last day?

I am worried as I have to take admission to my daughter in June (changing her school & board too)..... and now this f***g AADhar!!!

^ how can there be a deadline for this? the agencies are not that well equipped to finish off this job within months. they've been doing this from past 1-2 years. this will go on as long as new kids are born everyday. if you think aadhar was the only headache, they have come with with some stupid population registry along the same lines. next year it will be some other idiotic stuff. in a few years maybe indian citizens will be wearing rfid tags like cows and goats in farms.

Dammit .... I should have finished off this thing a year back, when they had started ..... and not a dog was then interested.

Now the queues are endless, besides the "agents" have also set-up camp ...... so for 250/500 they can speed up your job........

I actually went to Bhayander to get my registrations done 'coz my aunt who stays there told me there are no queues whatsoever. & was she right! It got done within 5 minutes [+the time taken to travel, of course]. Apparently most people in Bhayander have already got their registrations done.

So my suggestion would be to ask relatives, friends if the centers in their areas are relatively queue-free & get it done from any such center.

Earlier there was not rush. My dad and brother got it done in 2011 and they already have their cards long back. Now i was able to do last week only and that too on a working day because i was on leave and in Mumbai.

Now to do this NPR thing. How to get it done ? Any centers etc ?

Back