Aadhaar card

I have a feeling, little by little, the govt organisations will make it mandatory everywhere. The way you look at it, its creeping into every place.

Sad update: Old Aadhaar applicants may have to reapply

Applied for an Aadhaar card before April 1, 2012, but haven't got it yet? You may have to apply all over again. A lot of data related to applicants who enrolled for the Aadhaar unique identification number in the first phase has apparently been either lost or rendered unusable due to "encrypting errors".

UID Authority of India on Monday told the Delhi government that applicants whose status on the e-aadhaar website reads "can't be processed due to technical reasons" will need to re-enroll - unless they have given their biometrics for the National Population Registry card.

finished my aadhar enrollment today. have a splitting headache from standing almost whole day in the sun in line for verification and then the biometrics. NPR line would be hell since its compulsory.

ebharatgas - Customer Care - Aadhaar Cash Subsidy
Register Your Aadhaar Number with your LPG Distributor and get Cash Subsidy
The Government of India is launching "Direct transfer of cash subsidy" to domestic LPG customers in 51 districts of the country (list is in source)
All domestic LPG customers in these districts will then get subsidy directly in their Aadhaar linked bank account for 9 LPG cylinders per financial Year only if they provide:
» Aadhaar No. to the LPG distributor
» Link their Aadhaar number to their bank account.

so if we dont link aadhar or have aadhar number, then we have to pay 1000+ rupees per month now onwards per cylinder?
good thing i checked the new aadhar enabled bank account in my aadhar application.

Deadline for aadhar?

there's no deadline, but cong is pushing all govt companies to enforce it. So no new gas bookings without aadhar, no gas subsidy, no new pds card or subsidy, etc. I feel its like they're tormenting indian citizens just for being born in india.

- - - Updated - - -

9 cylinders is about Rs 4500 per year , unsubsidized cylinder is Rs 900 , I would pay the extra 4500 per year than enroll for adhaar.

for now its around 900 per month. but they are going to increase prices every 2-3 months just because they can. the poor people like me cannot afford spending 1000-1500 per cylinder every month.

I check Aadhaar website for online booking and the center where I want appointment is full for the whole month and it doesn't take appointment of more than 30 days. Anybody did online booking for appointment?
My cousin informed me.... that in Mira road Aadhar guys are taking Rs 500/- for immediate screening and u don't need appointment or stand in line and somewhere in South Mumbai Rs 250/-....Corruption at its best....

Should I take the Aadhar online form and fill it coz this looks more understandable rather than what we are getting in centers.

I have one aadhar card of my home town..Can I make a new aadhar of Delhi where I am presently living..

I though one person ought to have a single aadhaar card only. This is like asking you have passport with your hometown address and now want to make a new passport with new address (without making the first one void).
In short no you should not be doing it.

Back