Aadhaar card

Yup no online appointments.

- - - Updated - - -

Aadhaar is definitely one big scam waiting to happen. We are trying to get a card which probably we have no actual use of (except the stupid mandatory requirements various people have started implementing) and then it is not even official yet. Stupid Government.

Just back from aadhaar center and it was full

The concerned person told me people either sleep overnight or come at 4 AM. Now the earliest i can go is next saturday and i plan to reach there at 3 AM along with my phone and battery pack (so i can watch TV series) and sit there. They told they can only take 140 applications in a single day.

Samething Happened with me People were standing in que Since 1 Am..
The Centre has 2 Scanner and take 60 application a Day,what if the increase the Scanners and Man Power ???? That wont Happen In India
Everything Goes through slow Process

is dob proof mandatory? I dont have passport. sslc certificate original i think the college took it in 11th. so i only have 1-2 copies of it now.
wont dob mentioned on pancard be enough? also i see on form near date of birth - a declared and verified field. which to tick mark?

damn should have got passport done long time back when i had chance. btw, i heard that on the aadhar card on backside its written that the card does not guarantee that the person is indian citizen. wtf? why are they making people go through all this iris and fingerprint scan and waste time in lines for hours like we are some slaves waiting for daily food ration?

This aadhaar card will somehow ensure that all illegal immigrants too will now be legalized and have aadhaar card. Kudos Government.

On top of that there is this ad going on "Tere desh ki dharti...tujhe pukare....bharat ka vasi", some national population, don't know what it is and not even sure if it is new or old thing.

This aadhaar card will somehow ensure that all illegal immigrants too will now be legalized and have aadhaar card. Kudos Government.

On top of that there is this ad going on "Tere desh ki dharti...tujhe pukare....bharat ka vasi", some national population, don't know what it is and not even sure if it is new or old thing.

Its NPR, another card which will somehow be linked with Aadhar.
Note that its a card unlike Aadhar, which is just a number. Have read somewhere, you dont need Aadhar if you have NPR but its not the other way round.

GOD, please get the new babies with NPR/Aadhar/Voting Card/PAN/Passport when you get them delivered. PLEASE.........

^ i did not get you. to get an aadhar card they verify you against a list of documents (including proof of id like pan and passport) that are only held by indian citizens. what is the use of promoting this card on tv saying get it if you're a true indian and then print on the card that it does not guarantee you're an indian behind it?

for a person to prove he's an indian citizen what are the documents necessary? lets say they print behind birth certificate or passport (both documents are given by govt of india) that it does not verify the person is indian citizen what do you think will happen?

Aadhaar is definitely one big scam waiting to happen. We are trying to get a card which probably we have no actual use of (except the stupid mandatory requirements various people have started implementing) and then it is not even official yet. Stupid Government.

+1 to this :)

is dob proof mandatory? I dont have passport. sslc certificate original i think the college took it in 11th. so i only have 1-2 copies of it now.
wont dob mentioned on pancard be enough? also i see on form near date of birth - a declared and verified field. which to tick mark?

damn should have got passport done long time back when i had chance. btw, i heard that on the aadhar card on backside its written that the card does not guarantee that the person is indian citizen. wtf? why are they making people go through all this iris and fingerprint scan and waste time in lines for hours like we are some slaves waiting for daily food ration?

If you've the required DOB documents, then only you can tick verified dob, otherwise not.doesn't matter if the other two id's submitted by you contains it.

On other note, I applied for the card one week back. the process was very very swift. I submitted my form at 3 pm, went to home to have food :p, back at the centre at 4 pm, got my verification done, and voila!! (although my number had already passed).

One thing I'd like to share. There's a column to check for the consent to share aadhar info. Like others, I too ticked no, but on receipt I got yes. Actually everybody reported yes. I asked the in-charge about it, he simply ignored it by saying that "isse kya fark pad jayega". I was shocked. Then I asked the operator. He rechecked my details and shockingly said that "software me isko no karne ka option hi nahi hai", and even showed me. I didn't know what to say.

since you applied and got verified, what are the documents i should bring 100%? some say only pan card and proof of address is required. on the form all sorts of documents are written. pan card is not mention in dob proof section. so how did these people get verified with just pan and electricity bill? also do we have to fill up the KYR and KYR+ details? KYR = ?

I gave Pan card and One year Bank Statement Attested From SEO Stamped On the Zerox,thats it did not asked for anything else

But it is impossible in my area to get an Adhaar card in first place. It seems illogical for me if the Govt if already trying to enforce it in some things.
There is no online appointment possible in my place. And if you want to see the madness of people, do come here. They queue and literally sleep outside the center from 2-3 Am onwards.
And add to that, the person only takes 100 appointments daily. Now people like us can't stand in queues for that mad amount of time. And with the population, it wont happen in 2 years if it continues at this snail pace.

OT:
And why can't we ever learn from other's examples. Other countries tried but found too many loopholes and problems. This is no stupid scam, this is a serious security risk.
Same thing happened when the banks were not interested in lowering the rates. Mr Basu then also told that we need to learn from Brazil's example but there is no place for intellectuals in our country. When elections are nearing, suddenly interest rates are lowered citing various situations. But these persist from a long time. My head aches when I pick up newspapers nowadays.
Financial policy is controlled by vote bank politics, cultural terrorism, and what not.

i heard even more news about this aadhar. seems they will start charging 100 bucks for the form after march or april. there are two centers near my area and both have atleast 500 people camping outside them. like i said its like slaves waiting for food from 3-4 days.

Same here. i did not go last saturday to sleep outside the school so i can get this stupid worthless card. Sick of what is going on here. I have no hopes of getting this card and i am pretty sure i lost few lakhs in provident fund because aadhaar is links to PF, so no PF for me if i don't have aadhar ?
Proud to be Human, not Indian.

Tere Desh ki mitti tujhe pukare...tu bharat ka vaasi hai (unfortunately) :mad:

since you applied and got verified, what are the documents i should bring 100%? some say only pan card and proof of address is required. on the form all sorts of documents are written. pan card is not mention in dob proof section. so how did these people get verified with just pan and electricity bill? also do we have to fill up the KYR and KYR+ details? KYR = ?

PAN never was/is a dob proof. It's just ID proof. If you don't submit dob proof, which are just 3, IIRC, then your dob is not verified. And since it's not mandatory, so you can skip it. I skipped too. I just gave PAN card and DL.

I'd like to say one more thing, it also depends on the agency if they are lenient with you regarding ID proofs. One of my junior got his aadhar registered just with the help of his student ID card, which is wrong despite the fact that the card can act as POI, POA, and even POB. In fact, in any kind of registration, one ID can't be accounted for more than one proof, at least from what I know and have experienced.

PS: It's really sad to see how majority of you guys are facing tough time making aadhar. I'd like to invite you all to bhopal for a hassle free experience. :) Lodging-fooding free :p

my question, at the first post @ enrollment center serach option there is no where I found drop-down for West Bengal.....please help is it not applicable for W.B.

In my case I heard this News but didn't pay much attention in it.....Today during Auto-mated Gas booking it prompted for Aadhar details and in the in confirmation SMS also mentioning Aadhar Letter to get Subsidy.

Please help.....It looks like without Aadhar Card/Number, Life seems Andhakar (Dark).

HELP HELP.....

Tere Desh ki mitti tujhe pukare...tu bharat ka vaasi hai (unfortunately) :mad:

That ad which comes on Discovery channel is for the National Population registry. It has the same fingerprint and iris scan required in it. Seems that in 2010, they had taken census and given an acknowledgement slip. No one came to my building i'm sure, since in my uncle's building they have written census 2010 outside the door in red ink. On the NPR site its written that those who were left out in 2010 census will need to get themselves registered in the first registration camp. Then get the iris etc done in second camp. People who dont get themselves registered will be taken off census list and might have to wait years till the next time. Seems its more important than aadhar, since all the data in it will be put into aadhar also.

NPR is for registering a person as citizen of india, whereas aadhar is for id proof only.

Back