Aadhaar card

I am seriously worried what will happen if I do not apply for aadhaar card soon, I might start facing problems if I ever want to apply for some service or something similar.
Why the hell are these companies and organizations mandating the card when it is not made mandatory by government.

From what I last read, bank accounts opened with only Aadhaar can be only low balance (<= 50K), more than that, and one requires more concrete proofs like Voter ID, Ration Card, Passport etc.

From what I last read, bank accounts opened with only Aadhaar can be only low balance (<= 50K), more than that, and one requires more concrete proofs like Voter ID, Ration Card, Passport etc.

Isn't it ironic that aadhaar linked account can only have less than 50k while they want other proof like passport etc ? This, when they want aadhaar to be single identity.

Btw I am filling the aadhaar form and now am stuck at 2 places. Please tell me what to put here.

1. I am not entering my mobile or email but there is one more thing called "information sharing consent", should I select NO here ?

2. Under part D, financial information, someone had mentioned that he linked his bank account and he has still not received his card, can I just do the "I want to open UID enabled bank a/c"

Raks share mobile number and email id.

1::Information sharing consent you give it or not.What do you think government will do.If you give no i really doubt you getting aadhar card in hand ever(i doubt about this box...just my personal opinion)

2:
Dont give bank details .If at centre person asks why haven't you provided .You say i will provide that online when i get the AAdhar card.I dont want to mess it up here. Also any account can be made UID enabled even private banks i guess.You just need to share with government later online. The problem right now it has all turned into rat race to get one. In bank the lady asked me to give thumb impression to get passbook but later she apologized knowing i am not the one who will receive subsidy materials and here to open account

Other documents can be used to link bank account. UID is not the sole choice, at least atm or even in near future.

govt says they will give subsidy money only to account linked with aadhar card. so uid is the only choice. if they cant link banks now, you think they will try for atm's or other methods in near future? All this looks like a farce to me now. They dont have any intention of giving subsidy and will most probably remove all subsidies in next few years if they are still in power.

Isn't it ironic that aadhaar linked account can only have less than 50k while they want other proof like passport etc ? This, when they want aadhaar to be single identity.

I mentioned that because there was a post stating that some banks were asking only for Aadhaar, which would be stupid if there is a 50K limit on such accounts. I am not sure about the public sector banks, but in the private sector ones, they only get you a 'no frills' account.

However, it is still nice that an account can be opened just using this as that's usually the biggest problem - getting an address proof - when one is new to a place.

Something I found while i was going through the net. I am not sure why did the government implement UID scheme in the first place, when Parliament, Parliamentary Committee, National Advisory Council had advised against it.
Many countries UK, China, USA, Australia and the Philippines have abandoned such identity schemes.
This looks like a matter of concern. :scared14:
The dark side of UID-1: Weaving a web of worries around U, I and Destiny of the nation - Moneylife

The Dark Side of UID-II: Why the west dumped biometrics? - Moneylife

Truth behind UID related schemes

Other than LPG subsidy this UID looks like one big scam. Wait till some minor identity scams start popping up. I for one will not get listed until there is a proper legislation passed.
agantuk you are right, if one provides ONLY aadhar as proof for opening a bank account the account will be of no-frills type, even for nationalised banks.

Back from the aadhaar enrollment center listed on the website, guess what it is already closed and not accepting any more application. It is some other place now which is not listed anywhere :bomb:
Next I get to know that a school near my home is taking applications and another is IDBI bank near my place. They accept only 30 forms per day on a weekday and only 15 days on weekend (only saturday). WTF.
And the place opens at 10 AM but people line up at 5 AM in morning for registration. :annoyed:

I am so so frustrated by this stupid scheme and what the hell is with only 30 applications per day. I mean why so less ? At this rates and population growth, this is a never ending process.

Not sure why but the aadhaar form i have is different than the one from the link mentioned by avi. It has in hindi as well as english together. I am not taking any risks, will be taking printout of the other form mentioned here as well and fill it up.
Next weekend saturday is 26 Jan republic day, need to ask beforehand whether the center is open or not.

Yup. I guess you got your form locally. These are forms with regional language. But I used only english one. Any form will be accepted.

On 26th Jan, it will be closed.

Yup. I guess you got your form locally. These are forms with regional language. But I used only english one. Any form will be accepted.

On 26th Jan, it will be closed.

Nah i downloaded from a URL only (don't have URL in this computer). Nevermind, i will take this other printout also. Damn closed on next weekend which means i can only got the weekend after.

I wonder what will they do with a persons fingerprints and iris scan? maybe they should take sample of hair too for dna profiling while they're at it. The day will come when this govt sells its citizens data for commercial gains saying they're earning some xyz thousand crores to fund their mindless schemes.

I wonder what will they do with a persons fingerprints and iris scan? maybe they should take sample of hair too for dna profiling while they're at it. The day will come when this govt sells its citizens data for commercial gains saying they're earning some xyz thousand crores to fund their mindless schemes.

I too seriously think this government will sell each and everyone of us if they earn money. I read somewhere (after the recent killings of soldiers),

In UPA government
DIE Jawan, DIE Kisan, DIE aam-insaan

2. Here is list of required documents [this info is already present in above pdf] : uidai.gov.in/images/FrontPageUpdates/valid_documents_list.pdf

I am using my Passport. Apparently it can be used for all verification purposes (name, address etc)

My passport expired when I turned 18 a few years back. Can I still use it?

Finance ministry plans fingerprint-based ATMs
Your fingerprint or eye scan may soon be enough to withdraw cash from ATMs. For that, you will require a biometric based Aadhaar number. More

This is the form i had downloaded previously...

http://appointments.uidai.gov.in/enrolmentform.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

The aadhaar card centers only take limited applications per day ? The IDBI bank center near my home is taking only 30 forms on a weekday and 15 on a saturday. Isn't 30 a day is too less of a number ?
What is the scenario in the government schools ? Do they too have restrictions ?

Back