Aadhaar card

You need to take any other POI in which your wife's name has been changed to her after marriage name. It can be a Bank passbook, PAN Card no. or anything with the new title.. You need photocopies of the document which would be submitted along with the Adhaar application..

I am afraid i might not have any other such document. To avoid the hassles, can we just apply as separate applicants ?

@raksrules, your wife can apply for the card in her old name and later the name can be changed when you get the required documents. The name change can be done online.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the deal with online appointments? Anyone tried that route yet? Does it work?

Went to inquire at the local collection center today. Here's what I was informed - Fresh appointments will be given from the 19th onwards. If I have to get it done on that day (19th) itself, I'd have to stand in queue at 4am! If I don't mind getting an appointment for later, it's anybody's guess as to what date I'll get an appointment for since they're restricting it to about 100 appointments a day. If someone stands in the queue with a dozen forms, he gets a dozen appointments.

All in all, it looks like it's gonna be a big hassle.

Does anybody have account in 'Union Bank?'
My friend told me that he received a call telling him to submit his (nir)Aadhar card, else his account will be closed.
WTF? The process isn't complete yet and may take another year till every citizen have his card. Even State Bank isn't asking for it.

First I found my nearest from the link I posted earlier. I called up the no. & guy said timings are like 9am to 6pm ! I was very happy & thought one walk can in any time & apply :p

BUt I was totally wrong. In my city, they have daily 50 applications restrictions & they start taking applications at 10am. So I have to go again tomo morning :-/

First I found my nearest from the link I posted earlier. I called up the no. & guy said timings are like 9am to 6pm ! I was very happy & thought one walk can in any time & apply :p

BUt I was totally wrong. In my city, they have daily 50 applications restrictions & they start taking applications at 10am. So I have to go again tomo morning :-/
And you'll have to go early to get your number in first fifty.

Ya... My center is in Head Post Office which opens at 9am. So I will be there little before that. Loaded movies on my phone to pass time there :p I met some guy there today. I didn't ask his token no., but he mentioned he's been waiting there since morning :O

my neighbour who got their card done, said it took them 5 hours to get verification done for the paperwork after filling up the form. they were standing in line from 11am to around 4pm. like all govt schemes this is just a big fat headache. btw, i got the aadhar form. its bilingual with eng and hindi. if anyone wants i could scan it and post it here. some say the people in the aadhar center don't take forms from another center or something. dont know what they are upto when the form is free and similar.

Me just came back from Aadhaar booth. Damn thing took almost my day & had to stand on queue for hours :-/ But finally, it's done ! :)

Thing is they never verified my documents nor of anyone's :O God save India.

Will update the main post with procedure & full details.

Thing is they never verified my documents nor of anyone's

Thats the problem.
Indirectly they are regulating all the unwanted immigrants which are their votebanks.
These all schemes are making all bangaladeshi and pakistani an god knows who all are their, appear to be regular for the schemes and in turn taking away our rightful stuff.

I have a question. If we do not fill up bank details and they dont open a bank account in our name, where will the subsidy go? Say for example, the lpg cylinder subsidy. If they charge full price on all cylinders, then where will the balance amount of first 9 cylinders go to? since no bank info is there they wont give subsidy and ultimately like they planned, people will end up not getting their money back. its like throwing money in a well.

Me just came back from Aadhaar booth. Damn thing took almost my day & had to stand on queue for hours :-/ But finally, it's done ! :)

Will update the main post with procedure & full details.

Well you have no reason to be happy yet :lol: Feel happy when you actually get the card. Me and Mom applied at same time. I got the card, but Mom never got hers. When we checked the status, it shows that the card was delivered. As usual the postal guys would probably have dumped the cards and burnt them.

How many here DO NOT have ?

Is it really needed ?

I was applying for it & it caught my attention :

z4Dkv.png

Is there any risk by linking bank account & Aadhaar ?

The main aim of Adhaar was to create one ID system and eliminate all other "useless" IDs; followed by plan to link bank accounts with it, that's why the related questionnaire. But reportedly, linking adhaar account with banks is not going to happen soon as it will apparently require much overhaul of adhaar database, which will be quite a hectic task (as per them). So, as of now, govt is thinking to ditch this plan against going ahead with International Bank Account Number System.

Can we download the form online, take a printout and submit it at the Adhaar center ? I was told by one center in Mumbai that you cannot even use a form from Center 1 and submit in Center 2.

Its most probably due to tenders given to different private agencies, which are not accepting each other's form for obvious reasons.

Does anybody have account in 'Union Bank?'
My friend told me that he received a call telling him to submit his (nir)Aadhar card, else his account will be closed.

I have account in Union Bank, but no such thing happened with me or any person I know having UBI a/c.

Govt has directed the authorised agencies to do proper verification, but what if these private agencies overlook their responsibilities ? Today I had been to a nearby agency for adhaar card query. After showing him my documents, he strictly said he won't accept them until I produce originals along with the respective documents. Everybody isn't a bugger!!

Thats the problem.
Indirectly they are regulating all the unwanted immigrants which are their votebanks.
These all schemes are making all bangaladeshi and pakistani an god knows who all are their, appear to be regular for the schemes and in turn taking away our rightful stuff.

Its very easy to form a negative opinion about a govt policy. Can you please explain your assertion?

I have a question. If we do not fill up bank details and they dont open a bank account in our name, where will the subsidy go? Say for example, the lpg cylinder subsidy. If they charge full price on all cylinders, then where will the balance amount of first 9 cylinders go to? since no bank info is there they wont give subsidy and ultimately like they planned, people will end up not getting their money back. its like throwing money in a well.

Other documents can be used to link bank account. UID is not the sole choice, at least atm or even in near future.

- - - Updated - - -

Also these days one by one they are stopping election card and ration card as proof at many places.Driving license is allowed only by private company verification say INTERNET and all but government authorities at most place don;t count it as proof.

So the only proof remains is bank statments of last 3 months transaction(which we avoid to share in open) or passport if one has it.

So no doubt one has to go for it now.

I haven't seen or heard single case of voter-ID card (or any similar card) rejection. And DL accepted by only private companies ? Are you joking ?

I haven't seen or heard single case of voter-ID card (or any similar card) rejection. And DL accepted by only private companies ? Are you joking ?

JUst 2 days back i went to Canara bank to open savings account.I submitted ration card and pan card copy but they were much adamant for aadhar card.
DL is accepted but most of the government offices just create fuss or use it just for cheque based cash withdraw(bearer withdraw).

I am not saying its not accepted.Its just that they do not want that.

Yesterday night on ndtv india there was story of Mumbai about aadhar card.How people start queuing for it at night 3 am and number starts at 10 am.Also the reason for joining the same was kids not allowed to sit in exam papers,employee not giving salary if not having aadhar,10th board kids not allowed to sit for paper unless having aadhar,no rationing shop ready to provide material etc .

JUst 2 days back i went to Canara bank to open savings account.I submitted ration card and pan card copy but they were much adamant for aadhar card.
DL is accepted but most of the government offices just create fuss or use it just for cheque based cash withdraw(bearer withdraw).

I am not saying its not accepted.Its just that they do not want that.

Yesterday night on ndtv india there was story of Mumbai about aadhar card.How people start queuing for it at night 3 am and number starts at 10 am.Also the reason for joining the same was kids not allowed to sit in exam papers,employee not giving salary if not having aadhar,10th board kids not allowed to sit for paper unless having aadhar,no rationing shop ready to provide material etc .

But it is not mandatory to have an aadhaar card and the process will take another year or so.
What is wrong with these people? :scared14:

Back