Aadhaar card

Earlier there was not rush. My dad and brother got it done in 2011 and they already have their cards long back....

I got the registration done about a couple of weeks back. In Bhayander, the rush was in the beginning, not anymore. So I'd say it's best to ask a few people if there's a chance that there are other centers where the same is true.

As for NPR, I didn't even know what that is until you mentioned it.

This is from what I believe is the official FAQ -

".....
8. How is a person to register for the NPR?
During the first phase of Census 2011, enumerators have visited every household and have collected the details required for the NPR in a paper format. These forms have been scanned and the data has been entered into an electronic database in two languages - the State language and in English. Biometric attributes - photograph, ten (10) fingerprints and 2 iris images are being added to the NPR database by organizing enrolment camps in each local area. The enrolment will be done in the presence of Government servants appointed for this purpose.

9. How will the public know about the biometric camps for NPR?
Publicity will be given in the local areas regarding the duration and location of the enrolment camps. Intimation slips (KYR + Form) will also be distributed house to house before commencement of such camps, wherever possible. Besides, public will be informed through various other publicity measures like banners, announcement through mikes, drum beatings, posters etc.
......"

Source: http://ditnpr.nic.in/FAQs.aspx

HTH.

Ok so i had registered for the Adahaar card on 11th April 2013 and today i got a SMS saying my adhaar number is generated and will be sent by post. I can download the eAdhaar from a website. I filled all the required info (enrolment number, date etc) and downloaded my eAdhaar PDF.
This was lot quicker than i expected. I have seen people not getting anything for last 1 year and in fact i myself i checked few days ago if the information is updated on the uidai website and it wasn't.

I enrolled on September 2011 but the online aadhar status check page says my enrollment id is not available with them. Then I read that they lost many enrollments before April 2012 due to an encryption error. So I have applied again last month.

In my area my mom says they sell aadhar card. If you dont have it then u can get it done for 100 Rs or for 300 Rs. My mom still hasn't received her aadhar card after 2 or 3 years. I have sent more then 100 emails but still no reply. I wont waste 100 or 300 Rs for making the aadhar card. The government has made is mandatory so its their responsibility to see that a common person receives it free of cost.

@John4321

Don't go for those touts who charge money. They are charging only for getting a spot in line or getting priority service, apart from that they do not guarantee that the card will come soon or anything like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
@John4321

Don't go for those touts who charge money. They are charging only for getting a spot in line or getting priority service, apart from that they do not guarantee that the card will come soon or anything like that.

They make the card, do the registration and give you instantly in 5 mins my mom says. Many ppl have received it by paying it and getting it instantly.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have no way of getting a card in 5 minutes, it's probably fake. The database is nationalised and the ones collecting data have no authorization on spot to access it, let alone generate the UID and print it and give it to you.

Inform the police about such crooks.

They make the card, do the registration and give you instantly in 5 mins my mom says. Many ppl have received it by paying it and getting it instantly.

yes, people do get an aadhaar card lookalike "print out" in 5 mins but that's just a kind of receipt. it contains all the details that would go into the aadhaar card, along with your picture and people think that is "the aadhaar card". i've seen it myself - people leaving happily with that print-out thinking they've got their card!

How can i get the card in Chennai? Anyone knows the process?

A different organisation is involved for this. I don't remember which one though. The one which takes the census i think.

I got mine in Chennai, was pretty painless. I think the place varies depending on locality

The eAdhaar printout is as good as normal adhaar right ? All places should accept it where adhaar is to be provided ?
I got my eAdhaar and i have taken printout of the same.
My wife is yet to receive her eAdhaar inspite of we both registering on the same date and almost same time.

I enrolled on September 2011 but the online aadhar status check page says my enrollment id is not available with them. Then I read that they lost many enrollments before April 2012 due to an encryption error. So I have applied again last month.

Same thing happened to me.. registered over 2 years ago.. only to find out after a really long time og nobody answering at the helpline, that they "lost" the data.

Given the state of loose regulation around the way this data is going to be "safeguarded" etc.. I just decided not to enroll anymore unless of course they put a gun to everyone's head. In short, given the various doubts about data security etc AND my experience of enrolling the 1st time n subsequent loss of data.. I'm just gonna wait unless they say i need that shit card to use my bathroom in the morning or pay my taxes.

The eAdhaar printout is as good as normal adhaar right ? All places should accept it where adhaar is to be provided ?
I got my eAdhaar and i have taken printout of the same.
My wife is yet to receive her eAdhaar inspite of we both registering on the same date and almost same time.

It can be on the same date but not on the same time

I applied in Jan at my office inThane.
Got it delivered this week at my permanent address in Chennai.
~4 months.

Back