Aaj Tak reporter faces eve-teasing while reporting on Delhi gangrape case

I have been travelling in buses for a very long time and I too fell very 'disappointed' when ladies occupy general seats when ladies seats are available. It is not humane, especially when the journey is around an hour. But such incidents are rare in Pune, atleast the route on which I travel.
The ladies are usually considerate and sit on ladies seats when available, except the so called educated/sophisticated/respectable ladies who will argue till the end of their life for no reason whereas even the laborers are considerate. While on the other hand the gents, especially the younger(read students) including me prefer standing rather than sit on the ladies seat. Heck I have also frequently seen some elderly couples sitting apart, now that IS something.

asingh - I will have to agree with agantuk on the bus seat example unless she is traveling with a male passenger or a mixed group.

I witnessed a huge argument over this in a bus once. A guy got on a bus and all general seats were occupied with a few ladies seat empty. He very courteously asked one woman if she could move to a ladies seat. To this the woman started arguing "Why, why should I move? Why don't you sit on it..." etc., Finally the guy too got angry and that led to a huge argument. The bus kept on moving collecting more passengers. Soon the empty seats were occupied the guy was left looking like a fool. A little consideration on that woman's part would have done both good but she chose not to.

If that guy had occupied the ladies seat like that woman had asked him to, do you think he would have been spared when the other women got on the bus?

If only every individual thinks of their actions and choices and their consequences on themselves and others.

What ever. The bus seat example is dumb anyways. It no ways correlates to what we are discussing here. I had raised the Metro Compartment fragment, cause it highlighted the plight of females in Delhi. That they have to be segregated from males for safety and maintenance of law-order. Instead of arguing mechanics, try to envision the situation from a societal PoV...i.e. more holistically.

No matter, if a female sits on a sit allocated just for "them"; or males are made to look like fools, we cannot deny or shun the fact that females in NCR are a sorry bunch, who dread being out alone due to us MEN. It is sad and disheartening. As a society we have ruined it, and it will get worse day-by-day, unless a war happens or some mass exodus/holocaust.

There is also this thing (and I have been involved myself) where when there is a lady sitting in a general seat, a guy who occupies the vacant seat adjacent to her - in the general area - is looked at oddly. Some even go to the extent of asking the guy to get off - WTF - and others ask to 'maintain a distance'. If they have so much problem, why don't THEY maintain a distance, what are guys supposed to do, hang off the seat?

The topic is not dumb but following it is, because it is leading us astray.

Let us look at the key role that Media plays here.

About 2 years back Anna Hazare was catapulted by both News Channels and Social Networking Sites. After that he was never given hyped as much and his popularity waned. Did Lok Pal bill get passed? Did the Corrupt get punished? Is corruption over? The Answers are No, No and No. None of that happened and we are still where we were 2 years back. Then why is everyone who was involved back then getting involved again?

Reason 1 - We are retards. We only type or talk behind closed doors and only when the topic is raised or ongoing.
Reason 2 - Agencies both Political and News are aware that we are retards and will forget about what is going on today tomorrow.

Can a common man / woman apply for a gun license and how ?

Yeah go from frying pan to fire. The kind of mass shooting that happen in the USA every two months will happen daily in India given the massive number of mentally unstable and depressed in India.

- - - Updated - - -

There is also this thing (and I have been involved myself) where when there is a lady sitting in a general seat, a guy who occupies the vacant seat adjacent to her - in the general area - is looked at oddly. Some even go to the extent of asking the guy to get off - WTF - and others ask to 'maintain a distance'. If they have so much problem, why don't THEY maintain a distance, what are guys supposed to do, hang off the seat?

Yeah I see no reason why you cannot sit on the seat. Seats are for sitting. If you get verbally attacked by white knights, seedha lady se hi puch le if she doesn't mind if you sit there. They'll shut up. And if she says no, just stand up and walk away. Even though you're not in the wrong at all, just something you'll have to deal with until this whole rape case fiasco dies down.

The topic is not dumb but following it is, because it is leading us astray.

Let us look at the key role that Media plays here.

About 2 years back Anna Hazare was catapulted by both News Channels and Social Networking Sites. After that he was never given hyped as much and his popularity waned. Did Lok Pal bill get passed? Did the Corrupt get punished? Is corruption over? The Answers are No, No and No. None of that happened and we are still where we were 2 years back. Then why is everyone who was involved back then getting involved again?

Reason 1 - We are retards. We only type or talk behind closed doors and only when the topic is raised or ongoing.
Reason 2 - Agencies both Political and News are aware that we are retards and will forget about what is going on today tomorrow.

Brilliantly said, when media has nothing to offer, they re-hash the same news in variety of ways until they find a new, hot & spicy news. Love it or hate it, the legal system is a sh*thole and will always be.

Ask them what did they just have for breakfast, SOT probably. (S*it on Toast)

Seriously i guess, this country is steadily turning into "POLICE STATE" anyone goes against the ruling government, your life is jeopardized, as simple as that.

INDIA : DEMOCRACY ON PAPER, DICTATOR BY NATURE !!!

Back