Act Tv Bangalore: 10 Mbps Unlimited for Rs 1299

Not available in Vijayanagar
<

Man thats sad... Stuck with this BSNL 512kbps. Going to give the BBNL guys a call tomorrow. I think they give connection in Vijayanagar.

Guys, anyone from the Malleswaram area with this connection? I need some reviews before going for this.

The sales guy said there is connectivity and that it's feasable.

Also, regarding the IP, if it's dynamic, how does one renew it?

Our company is a consortium of tech-savvy Open Source Cable Operators who have joined hands in the Northern part of Bangalore for providing unbiased and good quality internet service.

Which is what ACT is as well.

Bunch of cable wallahs banding together under a common flag that will ostensibly provide a superior experience using the same infrastructure that previously brought you the shitty service you so loathe and can do bugger all about
<

These cable buggers are now franchisees, so each of them looks after a certain area, you could say their old area. Call up the CC and they pass it on to whichever grunts service the area concerned.

What you lot are experiencing right now is known as the honeymoon period. That time when fortunately for you they don't have enough customers to bring the network to its knees or tie up their field staff. Once they start overloading & oversubscribing 'normal' service will resume. Enjoy it while it lasts, dont dump your airtel connection, you could just stop paying the bill if you really want to dip your toes and live dangerously.

I've noticed with their Tv service that i have to call them up every cpl of months because i get dropouts and lagging or channels go missing. I've lost NDTV now for over a couple of months because they've got some contract dispute. This is digital cable tv through wires via repeaters hooked up in trees. Same old tech. Its bugged me to the point where i'm beginning to wonder whether TATA sky which costs nearly twice as much will be worth switching to. If they can't run a tv service reliably how the heck are they going to provide 24x7x365 internet service.

ACT is cheap for a reason, their cables aren't underground in reinforced steel sheaths so I really doubt they will be able to keep to their end of the deal for long
<

+1 to blr_p

These guys don't have permission to run cables over trees/poles and some houses,at any time the cables can be cut since by rules and regulation they are illegal.

The speed will drop as more users subscribe i have seen the service from that rival isp of ACT,you get a pathetic speeds on 10mbps plan in peak hrs and where the connections are more .The best sustained speed you can ever get in non peak hrs is a max of 7mbps .

Some cable operators may have a basic low backup time UPS meaning if you have long power cuts,the service will be interrupted ,since each cable operator has a couple of network switches.

You will have a static external ip address which is shared by many users,,there router assings a private IP address usinc DHCP and your PC/router will be mac locked ,you will also notice some ports are blocked and may have the double NAT problem.They may also won't follow the TRAI rules of max of 50:1 contention ratio

What i find curious is where have these cable wallahs suddenly managed to get all this bandwidth from ?

Wholesale bandwidth prices must have dropped recently.

Sam Pitroda was on devils advocate a few weeks back and stated that this decade will be the one where India tries to get its act together on data in telecoms. The last decade just gone by was over voice which is now mature.

We've been whining for all this time about internet performance but failed to notice that the country's focus has been on voice. It will slowly change now towards data.

These guys don't have permission to run cables over trees/poles and some houses,at any time the cables can be cut since by rules and regulation they are illegal.

Right, so this means some ppl will face problems whereas others may not. It will create a mixed impression.

Some cable operators may have a basic low backup time UPS meaning if you have long power cuts,the service will be interrupted ,since each cable operator has a couple of network switches.

You will have a static external ip address which is shared by many users,,there router assings a private IP address usinc DHCP and your PC will be mac locked ,you will also notice some ports are blocked and may have the double NAT problem.

Take note ppl and inform over here if you ever face these problems. This assumes you are reasonably technciall proficient to diagnose the problem if it ocurs.

They may also won't follow the TRAI rules of max of 50:1 contention ratio

I don't know where the customer will even begin to be able to prove this. They can get away scot free and your only option will be take it or leave it.

^^Jelly?
<
<
<
<
<
<

3 months, and downtime of only 2 hours!

The speed is ALWAYS above 9.5Mbps and fluctuate to 10.5 Mbps as much as it fluctuates to 9.5 Mbps.

I really don't think it's a joint of cable walahs and all.

At the end of the month, I do pay my bill online to ACT . Even if they have some internal connection , it's just affecting me for the good.

3 months is a long time for honeymoon. Moreover, I assume that since they offered permanent double speed (5 to 10 mbps) they must not be doing too bad business wise.

In fact , they had even increased the FUP limit during December month for subscribers.
<

<
Now let me watch a youtube video in 1080p
<

Their networks will be scalable coz

Internet was not their primary product. It was Cable.

But since no of channels increased and many channels had their own payment models (charge per customer) to accomodate the high no of channels and maintain quality over long distances these cable guys had to move to OFC. Which also means in cities like B'lore, HYD, Mumbai and Pune a single cable provider can provide service is vast areas spread across the city.

Also with the introduction of set top boxes and DTH they too had to develop a business model which would enable them to provide something new to the customers like catering with high quality services to HDTV customers.

So since they upgraded to OFC which is not at all cheap to maintain they started providing these extra services to earn some side income. I had to wait for a long time for a decent net connc. And today I have it. But from an ISP from whom I least expected it. Most probably an ISP with a very poor reputation....

SIFY
<

Cabling is done by local cable guys and plans are provided by SIFY but bandwidth is provided by AirTel. strange i know.

In the last 2.5 months I faced only 1 day downtime. Since its OFC the latency is also very good.

I was cribbing in the initail pages of this thread to get a decent connc. in pune but I think this business models where ISP and Cable guys are working together is really a boon for many customers.

They cabling charges in Pune r Rs1500/mtr so ISP cant expand their networks to newer areas and network maintainence is a costly headache. This joint venture solves it for all. in short competition is good
<

P.S:- I pay Rs1545/- for 2Mbps UL. That one day downtime was for upgrading the OFC on my building from 6core to 24core. Entire InOrbit mall gets their net and cable from my terrace now :p

does anyone have the number for ACT CC? I live in bangalore south - basavanagudi (close to hanumanthanagar) want to enquire if ACT is available... kinda fedup wit BSNL being down all the time.. And hathway having a FUP of 20gb/month
<
any suggestions?

oh and bbnl isnt available here yet
<

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

does anyone have the number for ACT CC? I live in bangalore south - basavanagudi (close to hanumanthanagar) want to enquire if ACT is available... kinda fedup wit BSNL being down all the time.. And hathway having a FUP of 20gb/month
<
any suggestions?

oh and bbnl isnt available here yet
<

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
I Dont think act is available there,http://www.acttv.in/broadband_area_availability.html

ACT CC no 080-42840000

i booked my act connection yesterday,now they are not providing the corporate 10% discount

@hellblog: ACT broadband is not available in basavanagudi and surrounding areas. However they have plans to expand their network.(may take 3 to 4 months ).

It's not available in Jayanagar area. I'm searching for an alternate broadband, getting frustrated with BSNL.

Back