Airtel 2Mbps Plans announced....!

l33t_5n1p3r_max said:
Airtel is good for gaming? I dunno about that mate. When I used to live in Agra, I had a bsnl connection and I would pingu 25 ms to EVERY cs server in India. Of course, latency issues to servers outside India were there but even the, I pingued 100 ms to SG servers.
With Airtel I get like a 100 ms latency to even indian servers like VS and FS. Either theres something wrong with my line or you guys just really like 100 ms pingu. By the way, that box for the line is located right next to my gate so I doubt that the distance b/w me and the box is a problem.

Thats because of the routing... In the northern India the routing of Airtel is done in a different way then southern india... people from Delhi/Lucknow/Agra will get pings above 100 ms for sg servers while people in Bangalore and other southern Indian cities will get better pings (less then 60 at times) for sg severs...

^Well...FYI . . . people who were getting good pings at that time ( Ex @ bangalore ) are now getting very bad pings + choke + loss to almost all singapore,thai servers..

It's supposed to be fixed by feb 20th .. atleast i hope so..:(

super_saiyan said:
^Well...FYI . . . people who were getting good pings at that time ( Ex @ bangalore ) are now getting very bad pings + choke + loss to almost all singapore,thai servers..

It's supposed to be fixed by feb 20th .. atleast i hope so..:(
Weird man, my latency to singapore servers were bad for a couple hours this morning but I just checked and it's back to ~60ms.

^^well..the pings were normal during ~23-30 of Jan...& later i'm getting ~300+ pings . . . :(

@nikhil : The tech support of Airtel CC told me that they've changed the ip routing for several south states to some other temporary route...& hence this issue , Some Shenoy guy told me this...i just hope they fix me this issue..rest all is top notch for me..:hap2:

Alright, here's the scoop:

1. Airtel *is* launching new plans which will be announced in 2 - 3 days

2. The new plans were distributed internally and is meant to be confidential until the nationwide announcement - Shashank, what you got was probably prepared by some rep who saw the company presentation, but I can't be sure if those are accurate plans.

3. On launch, it will not be available in all areas - they plan to roll it out in a phased manner, which makes sense IMO.

4. There is a new unlimited plan - I don't know what's the speed but I'm trying to dig up more info nevertheless. If I can't, we'll just have to wait a couple days to find out.

RiO said:
4. There is a new unlimited plan - I don't know what's the speed but I'm trying to dig up more info nevertheless. If I can't, we'll just have to wait a couple days to find out.

Oh damn!.. i had just sent a request to change my UL plan from H699 to H999. Do you think there is a *new* UL plan or increase in speeds of existing UL plans?.. (i really hope H999 becomes 512kbps day and 1mbps night:hap2: )

hey rio unlimited plan , sounds great ... try and dig up things as fast as you can. :)

cant wait for a price drop or a better plan i hope for the latter with the 1st one as a bonus :)))

Spoke to Airtel CC and RiO is right. Plans have been distributed among the staff and the *official* announcement is on SATURDAY but suppsedly there is no unlimited plan.. dunno..

Thanks for the info Rio. Hope they do announce the plans shortly. Im keeping my fingers crossed for now. If they don't come out with a new unlimited plan, id rather stick with my current 256k UL plan. At least the pings are descent

Back